How do I figure out what affiliate program a spammer belongs to
    Some doodoo head keeps spamming my forums. I banned his IP that didn't work. I censored his domain name and now his domains IP. How can I find out what affiliate program he is in so I can ***** my socks off?

All I have is the links he posted which seem to redirect somewhere else but I really don't know how to check where it redirects to etc.

Actually found out. they are part of CPAempire.com

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Imagine that.

are they a bad company known for spam?

CPAEmpire = OptInRealBig

Ask Moo or Chetf if they are spammers. Heck ask me. OptInRealBig has spammed the heck out of me. I have a thread about it here somewhere. Then there's the bankruptcy stuff with OptInRealBig. CPAEmpire was listed in it also because the companies weren't separated out as legal entities.

You know what My tos has if you spam we will charge you so watch me bill CPAempire.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Guess Scott can't reform.. ""This settlement holds (company owner Scott) Richter and his company to a new standard of accountability in their delivery of emails," said New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer. "If he does not fulfill these standards, he will find himself back in court, facing greater penalties."

Now he and the Stanford Wallace spam gang have moved into the bogus Anti-Spyware market (The VX2 transponder and CoolwebSearch group and others) using e-mail & browser spam to trick folks out of privacy info & CC info pushing "SpyKiller" just closed down by the FTC. Watch him end up back on Spitzer's plate.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Affiliate Manager
    An interesting article regarding Mr. Richter that I read today

"SCOTT RICHTER ESCAPES THE SPAMHAUS
    In times when spyware/adware is treated by most like a case of mad cow, it doesn't help to be known as the "Spam King." Luckily for entrepreneur-extraordinaire Scott Richter, this title no longer applies. According to a recent newsgroup post from reclusive Spamhaus founder, Steve Linford, Richter is officially out of the doghouse. "Against the odds, he appears to have pulled it off," Linford says. "We have not seen spam for so many months that his time is up...Richter is out of ROKSO (Register of Known Spam Operations)." Following this dramatic announcement from the industry watchdog, Richter expressed his relief at escaping Spamhaus' clutches. "It feels great," he tells us. "[It] was a lot of hard work and we lost a lot of revenue doing it. But in the long run we can build a very solid company that will be around for a long time to come." Despite Spamhaus' intimidating presence, the newly crowned "CPA King" insists that "they are actually human, and you can work with them to make the net a better place if you put some effort in to it." Eliot Spitzer is somewhere, cracking a smile."
    Last edited by AdamGEC; July 21st, 2005 at 03:40 PM.

They sign up on our forum once, twice, sometimes three times a week and then post 2 to 3 spam posts. Luckily I have good moderators that have the posts removed before the spammer even leaves the forum along with his forum title changed to "Spammer" all in bold red for everyone to see. Doesn't stop them tho. Only thing that I've found to work is to shut off new registrations on the forum and that doesn't work for anyone wanting their forum to grow.

Now now folks. They don't spam don't cha know?? It's been said here by some many times. That's email or board spam. And certainly we've never seen any spam HERE.

They sign up everyday on my forum with 5 to 10 spam post each time. When i censored their domain they stoped for a week then they game with just the IP
    I blocked that lets see how long that last.

Hardwaregeek,

How about reporting a spam compliant to CPAEmpire and seeing what happens? They say spam is against their TOS, why don't we see? Missy Ward would be a good contact I'd think.

I already contacted someone there. They were rude saying that forum spam wasn't illegal so I said I will contact my Attorney General Elliot Spitzer and he said don't threaten me and asked for which affiliate it was. I gave him the link and i told him to figure it out him self. Then he wanted me to call him and I said the only call I will make is to my attorney general if I have to.

Oh my...spamming forums with CPAEmpire links isn't against their TOS? I'll have to repeat my first post "Imagine that."

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Read the article that Mackin linked above - it's got some good stuff in there.

One of the outcomes of their settlement with Spitzer listed there is:
    "They must retain and provide copies of all advertisements they send, all complaints they receive, and the names of all agents and employees;"

So complain to them and then make sure Spitzer got his copy from them?

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread