Question RSS Feeds
    Hello Everyone,
    With the emergence of RSS Feeds, do you think that affiliate marketing will catch on to this? I do not see how affiliates would want to add additionally technology to their sites which would complicate tracking and compensation. What do you all think? Is there great potential for RSS Feeds in the affiliate channel?
    Thank you.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    For sure there is, simple things such as info distribution is already being done and I don't see it being too long before affiliate can grab an RSS that is precoded with their links and promote it on their site, or use and RSS to load coupons onto their web pages and offer the same feed to visitors

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    I don't see it being too long before affiliate can grab an RSS that is precoded with their links and promote it on their site
    It's already happening with some merchants
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Who is doing RSS feeds
    I have been trying to find merchants who have RSS feeds that include affiliate tracking and I haven't found one yet. Anybody know of anyone doing this?

One of the benfits to affiliates is getting more exposure. I use RSS to get my content pushed to users desktops at My Yahoo, my MSN etc. the upside potential is huge.

Affiliate Manager
    I've been looking for examples of retail RSS feeds so I can build an extension into WebMerge for it. Got any good example URLs I should look at?

With most datafeeds containing thousands of items, it seems the biggest challenge is simply determining which products to put into a feed. Hopefully some good example RSS feeds will help point the way....
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

Pre-coded RSS feeds
    I have been looking for a way to precode our rss feed for our affiliates, we are a merchant. Does anyone know of a retailer or merchant that currently has an rss feed that can be pre coded with an affiliates PID to enable tracking?

Thanks
    Ben

I have been placing a php script to parse RSS feeds for additional contents on every category of my site. So far I can not find merchant from a network offering RSS feeds.
    IRS
    Don't ask why the ball doesn't come.

Aah.. an old thread brought back to life.

Richard, wondering if you could make progress with the webmerge extension for retail RSS feed.

Would also like to hear from affiliates.. Do you think a RSS product feed would be useful to you? How do you want such a feed to be?

btw Scott.. Count MontRED as one more merchant that provides a pre-coded coupon RSS feed to affiliates.

cheers!
    -nishith

ABW Ambassador
    Do you think a RSS product feed would be useful to you? How do you want such a feed to be?
    I think it to be certainly useful tool which can help the affiliates.
    However, the thing with the rss feeds is their ease of duplication, so there should be some kind of uniqueness (not sure how to do that, though) added into it, which can save competing affilaites from the duplication penalties of search engines.
    The Best Forums
    Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance
    . Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistance and determination are omnipotent.
    Abestweb Store

Newaff, I was thinking about the RSS product feed as another type of data feed that affiliates use to program their pages. I believe you are thinking of puting the merchant's RSS on the affiliate site as-is. Am I correct? This is possible as well by breaking it up in small category specifc RSS feeds instead of one big feed.

IRS, feel free to contact me - affiliates [/at] montred dot com. We should be able to provide you with what you want.

-nishith

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    I have been looking for a way to precode our rss feed for our affiliates, we are a merchant. Does anyone know of a retailer or merchant that currently has an rss feed that can be pre coded with an affiliates PID to enable tracking?

Thanks
    Ben

I think AvantLink has a version of this. They have a forum here:

http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=350

ABW Ambassador
    I believe you are thinking of puting the merchant's RSS on the affiliate site as-is. Am I correct?
    Yes, that was what I was referring to.
    The Best Forums
    Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance
    . Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistance and determination are omnipotent.
    Abestweb Store

Quote Originally Posted by newaff
    Yes, that was what I was referring to.
    Newaff, if that's what it will take for you to join MontRED, I'll have it ready for you when you join j/k. As I mentioned, one option is to break it up into smaller relevant category feeds. If you have any idea of how to make it unique, let me know.

-nishith

I'm finding RSS applies wonderfully to affiliate marketing. I'm trying to put as much information as I can into RSS feeds without giving away free content that other webmasters may want to use. Depending on the case I'll exclude the core of the content the RSS is describing to get users to click over to my site to get the full details. There are many applications for RSS in affiliate marketing and one that comes to mind immediately is RSS coupon feeds. This is becomming essential if you run a coupon site as more people are subscribing to RSS feeds now than email newsletters. It's a very big thing and with the introduction of IE7's RSS reader support it'll just get bigger.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Yup.
    Hi Everyone,

Suluta thanks for mentioning us.. you're right. All our tools are fully integrated into the network and they are free of charge for members (all Affiliate & merchant partners). Multiple versions of each including RSS, Javascript and a datafeed web service.

I have posted some info about our RSS Affiliate tools in this thread: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=70318

Ben, drop me a line and we can talk more about this.

Gary M

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    For sure there is, simple things such as info distribution is already being done and I don't see it being too long before affiliate can grab an RSS that is precoded with their links and promote it on their site, or use and RSS to load coupons onto their web pages and offer the same feed to visitors

Cheers

Chris
    Any way to get such rssfeeds with our affiliate codes precoded in the links?

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Hi womanht, RSS links with precoded Affiliate tracking are available through our fully-integrated tool center at AvantLink...of course only for our active network merchants, though. We'll working on growing that list Gary M

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread