What about this one - would you promote it?
    I have had information shared with me by a close friend who's in an affiliate program and now it's his only job. They sell energy products, cheaper than Red Bull or most of the name brand drinks and from what I hear, they taste better too.

I'm wondering whether or not this is something that would catch some interest by any of you, or those who visit your web sites? It has an initial setup fee if you wish to become a dealer but with a 30 day money back guaruntee and I'm wondering whether it's worth fooling with. Love to hear your thoughts.

The company has been around for 8 years.

http and a telephoto
    Nope. Don't pay to play.... EVER.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

lurk
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Nope. Don't pay to play.... EVER.
    I second that.

someone was talking about a beef jerky site a while back, same deal.

might as well be amway.

I have to agree. Merchants pay me to sell, not the other way around.

I would also wonder about the viability of selling energy drinks online... A drink mix might do okay, but shipping would cost a mint on a case of little aluminum cans choc full o' caffeine...
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Well, considering the 30 day money back would you promote it? The initial fee appears to be another way for dealers to make money.

For instance my friend paid $150 to sign up, but then made $300 the first day, so it paid for itself.
    Last edited by Webnet; July 21st, 2005 at 06:14 PM. Reason: adding information

ABW Ambassador
    >It has an initial setup fee if you wish to become a dealer

MLM is not what ABW is about.

Well, considering the 30 day money back would you promote it?
    Still no.

I know I can generate buyers, but I don't know the program can sell.

Taking those two factors into consideration, there's not a snowball's chance in hell I'd ever consider paying a program, any program, for the opportunity to find out...

There are just too many other programs out there, working hard for the chance to prove themselves to me, why bother with one that wants me to take the risk for their failure, even if they offer to refund the money?

MLM isn't affiliate marketing.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Webnet
    Well, considering the 30 day money back would you promote it?
    read my lips

NO

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    discussed and cussed!

Thanks so much for those 2 links. However I now have a question - What defines an excellent affiliate program? Obviously you want something that will be somewhat simple to pull profit and you want to be paid well for the work you do.

What kind of payment do affiliates like best - Pay per click (PPC), Pay per referral (PPR), Pay per lead (PPL), Sales Commission (SC) [insert others here]

Which tend to be most rewarding and why?

Would you rather have an affiliate program setup so that a cookie/ip address/mac address is recorded so that anytime that computer is used on the web site you get commission from it - or would you rather see an increase pay rate for a shorter amount of time? I guess this varies depending on the type of affiliate program (buying a t-shirt or monthly web hosting) but let me hear your thoughts anyways.

How important is it to see a complete list of stats?

I find this rather frustrating - Understandable it's against the policies of the web site to list affiliate links, but doing this affiliate research I'm so tempted to ask for URL's ^_^.

Internet Cowboy
    Webnet,
    You can ask for URLs all you want. Nobody will give you their URL, especially since you started your tenure here hawking your MLM program.
    Now you have turned to asking questions to find out how to promote your MLM. My guess is that not many will give you any information either.

I'm president of an Internal Web Development company. We're currently working on our affiliate program for 1 of our sites and are considering a combined affiliate program for all of them in 1 system. Consider this, you get registered at 1 of our web sites and get a URL that will send people for up to 4 sites where you can get income.

I'm hearing people's thoughts, the more information I can get from the community here the better I can make my affiliate program. It's called Market Research.

+ Reply to Thread