Angry To the merchant who gives me a number instead of the category name in his data feed
    .....forcing me to go to his site and try to figure out what the category is.

Thanks for the help, ASS WIPE!!!

If I really didn't need this product I would have thrown your feed out, jerk.

Get a clue, why don't you.

You want communication with your affiliates???

There! You got communication!!
    Last edited by SSanf; July 21st, 2005 at 07:10 PM.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Why not just let the merchant know about the problem? Most are more than happy to fix problems with their feeds and are usually very appreciative when they're brought to their attention.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I've always done much better $$$ with screwed up feeds.

The more fixing they need, the fewer other competing affiliates there will be using it, and the more different it will be than everybody else's once I'm done setting it up.

The work is a real drag, but it pays good.

Blessed be.

This merchant SHOULD know. They come here to ABW. Unless they have their head where the sun don't shine while they are here, they MUST know better.

If they don't want us to use their feed, they shouldn't make one available!

Wasted more than an hour of my time. I was doing good until I ran into this one, today. Now, I won't get done what I had planned for today. Jerks!

I KNOW they must know better. That's what REALLY ticks me off.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

So I guess my first experience with datafeeds is not the norm. I recently started using one and the main categories are kinda okay, but the subcategories are just text saying "click here for more products in this category". A lot of the product descriptions are merely "Note: this product is out of stock until..." And all the pics are really small thumbnails, with no standard size ones. The only value I can see in the feed is for pricing, but that's only good if I spend the time to fix the mess.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper
    So I guess my first experience with datafeeds is not the norm. I recently started using one and the main categories are kinda okay, but the subcategories are just text saying "click here for more products in this category". A lot of the product descriptions are merely "Note: this product is out of stock until..." And all the pics are really small thumbnails, with no standard size ones. The only value I can see in the feed is for pricing, but that's only good if I spend the time to fix the mess.
    That's definitely not normal.

A while ago, a merchant came here with the idea that he should just put "out of stock" because deleting products would cause affs to have dead pages. He figured we'd want to avoid dead pages at all costs.

Maybe your merchant has the same kind of well-intended, but still non-helpful, thinking? The thing with the pics also seems to be an overreaction to some people's requests for "small" images. You might want to try emailing him a clue train ticket, explaining what is *really* helpful, and see if he boards.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread