Hosting Recommendations?
    Hi. I am looking for a reputable hosting company to host multiple "static" sites on the linux platform. I'm not looking to manage the server myself so a fully managed server is what I am looking for.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks all,
    Brandon
    Last edited by Cyber Bundles; July 21st, 2005 at 11:54 PM. Reason: clarification

The are some good suggestions in this thread...
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=32491
    Rosey Bear Boutique
    Dressy Children's Fashions With Style!
    5% Commission : NYS Merch : Parasite FREE
       Akoss Hosting
    We also provide reseller accounts for ABW members.
    Ask for details

Are you looking for web space to host multiple sites (i.e. reseller account)? or for a fully managed dedicated server?

what is your buget?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Bundles
    Hi. I am looking for a reputable hosting company to host multiple "static" sites on the linux platform. I'm not looking to manage the server myself so a fully managed server is what I am looking for.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks all,
    Brandon
    I personaly recommand you try intelweb.biz if you seeking for lowcost hosting account. Plans start from $3 per year.

$3 per year? Not sure if I would trust a host charging $3 per year... Not a very good business plan to stay afloat.

Internet Cowboy
    I say you can't go wrong with GoDaddy.

Godaddy? Don't get me going

Did you know they screen your emails - even if you host somewhere else and just have the domain at GD with email forwarding? I spent a week in this mess when I found out that a valid account confirmation from CJ bounced due to GD's "help" at detecting this valid email as phishing and rejected it - without telling me.

I complained to support and was told it's a server-wide thing and can't get it turned off. They also didn't think notifying customers about rejected email was a good suggestion. I complained to their president Bob Parsons and got the same story.

They think they are helping customers by screening your emails. It tells me they are going for the low-end hosting market and having customers that see this screening as a benefit... IF you are running a site like "my homepage and hobby site" then maybe it's ok for you. Anything that is business related I suggest you stay away from Godaddy.

I have moved most of my accounts off GD for that reason. I went to Dreamhost - a little more but you get a free domain reg. as part of the deal.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by asr_guy
    Did you know they screen your emails - even if you host somewhere else and just have the domain at GD with email forwarding? ...
    I couldn't find this in their Registration Agreement. Is it mentioned somewhere else? If not, is there any legal recourse?

Kend
    Last edited by Kend; August 11th, 2005 at 08:51 AM. Reason: misspelling

Internet Cowboy
    I don't use e-mail at GD. I only host domains and web sites there and I find them to be about the best in the biz. at doing that.
    I think the bottom line is that web hosting has become a field that is saturated with shady tactics and idiotic policies no matter where you go.

Voxtreme. com or UK $30 OR £30 a month. Been with then for over a year with a reseller account (Although I dont resell) you get absoloutly everyting with this account not sure about ssh access though.

Kili

I don't know if I will be blasted if I name 1and1.com, but I used them for 2 years and a half now and never had a problem, the only thing is they only accept credit card, from my point of view, that is not always good to restrict method of payments. I did not compare price with other company but for what you get I think they can be beaten.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread