Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Question Has anyone worked with linkconnector affilate network before?
    Hi everybody,

I'm the affiliate manager for pcsecurityshield and I'm talking to a new affiliate network called linkconnector.com. I'm curious if any of you have worked with them before and what you think?

Thanks!

Adam
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; July 22nd, 2005 at 12:20 PM.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Never heard of 'em...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I figured that would be the case
    Thanks

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    They sound seriously legit.... http://www.linkconnector.com/inc/press_fraud_042205.htm

"LinkConnector (http://www.linkconnector.com/), a performance-based affiliate network, is striving to eliminate fraud from Affiliate Marketing. Since LinkConnector launched its innovative FraudFREE™ system earlier this year, it has eliminated about 36% of its existing affiliates. Additionally, the Front Door Fraud Protection component of its FraudFREE™ system launched last month now prevents approximately 44% of new affiliates from even joining the network.

LinkConnector is offering a fresh approach to fraud prevention. “We strive to eliminate fraud on behalf of our merchants and affiliates freeing them to concentrate on promoting their businesses without worrying about waste,” says Choots Humphries, the president of LinkConnector. “Our goal is the complete elimination of fraud within our network and we have instituted a zero tolerance policy relating to fraud,” continues Choots. Any affiliate or merchant suspected of committing fraud in the LinkConnector network is permanently removed.

The LinkConnector FraudFREE™ system is comprised of many components working together to identify and eliminate fraud within the network. This system, responsible for keeping LinkConnector merchants and affiliates honest, currently employs Front Door Fraud Protection, Source Checker™, Click Validation, and Data Pattern Matching. In the coming months, LinkConnector plans to make its FraudFREE™ system even more effective by adding Click Verification, Language Matching, and Location Analysis.

http://www.linkconnector.com/inc/press_fraud_042205.htm
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

lurk
    Those have to be the most redundant 3 paragraphs I have ever read...

The rep I spoke with over there seemed pretty good. They're in a growth phase so hopefully they'll pull in some good affiliates.

lurk
    Quote Originally Posted by affmanager44
    The rep I spoke with over there seemed pretty good. They're in a growth phase so hopefully they'll pull in some good affiliates.
    What other main merchants are you going with and how did you come across LinkConnector?

Quote Originally Posted by jrod805
    What other main merchants are you going with and how did you come across LinkConnector?
    Hi Jrod,

I am the affiliate manager for PCSecurityShield.com and I came across linkconnector through an article so I contacted them to see what the scoop was.

Like I said they seemed pretty good. There is no startup fee and although they are small, they seemed professional.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; July 22nd, 2005 at 12:20 PM.

lurk
    Yeah, many people love the small networks. You will generally recieve much more attention by the company and have access to support much easier.

Plus you never know, one of those small networks may land you one of your top 10 affiliates.

I completely agree, its virtually no risk.

Adam,

Can I go to your site and put my sign up link there? Of course not, so either pay for an ad or stop spaming your sign up link.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    They have Alena Media (Division of Intermix Media) as a merchant! I'm sure a lot of people here remembers Intermix media. If not, then read this: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...intermix+media

From LinkConnector's home page you can click on "Learn More" then click on "View more Merchants" and you get "Alena Media (Division of Intermix Media)" as the 3rd merchant to show up.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but it sounds like LinkConnector's idea of stopping fraud applies only to affiliates in order to make certain that no affiliates out-cheats their cheating merchants.

At this point, as an affiliate, I wouldn't touch LinkConnector with a 10-foot pole.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Adam,

Can I go to your site and put my sign up link there? Of course not, so either pay for an ad or stop spaming your sign up link.
    Sorry about that, as you can tell I'm fairly new to ABW. Wasn't intentional. Can you PM me some info on how to pay for an ad.

Click the Advertising link at the top of the page for advertising options.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

lurk
    Yeah you wont be able to get PM's until you post more anyway.

Affiliate Network Rep Jackie Lane's Avatar
    Cagles Mill, your point is well taken. I'm on the LinkConnector team and completely understand your concern about a network having spammy merchants onboard while dilligently keeping out fraud on the affiliate end. Our intent is build a reputable professional business that earns trust. And, I plan to go back and check out our Alena merchant and learn more!
    I want to be clear that we also focus our efforts on providing affiliates with tools and help to make a difference in their experience as well. For example, Affiliate Connections is a tool we have that dynamically increases the exposure for the merchant promotion that is performing best. This is but one small example, and perhaps an attempt at reprieve, But, we do believe that we are building a network that affiliates will find different and powerful, and trustworthy. So, thanks for the posts, this is great information.

Just recieved my first check from them, so they do pay out real money. I'm only signed up to one program though, signed up to try out this merchant and haven't had a chance to go thru and check out the others.

Jackie, one suggestion I can make that will help, is, in all of the signup to our affiliate program emails I get, none of them really tell me what it is for, it's just their name and a signup link, no info. For me, you have to give some info about who they are, what they are selling, etc, before I will go look. Heck, there's not even a link to the merchants site in those emails. So most have just gotten deleted.

More great feedback, qball0213, and very timely. We are in the midst of significantly renovating our email (et al) communications with our affiliates and merchants. We are working hard to refresh our website as well - adding useful information that should really make a difference in understanding, for example, what Affiliate Connections is, how Naked Links™ work, etc....how to maximize your revenues with the merchant offers. All good stuff that should really make a difference.
    Soon, you should see much enhanced emails going out... So, this feedback is excellent. I will be sure to address each of your points with the team, they are all very valid suggestions - thank you.

Stay away from LinkConnector!
    Hi everyone,

My name is Assaf Kostiner and I had the worst experience with LinkConnector. I have paid the setup fee of 300$ in order to open a merchant account there for our website http://www.paintyourlife.com. Everywhere in their website and around the net, they talk about their naked link technology which is great for SEO, but after I paid the setup fees, they told me that I must pay a much higher setup fee in order to be entitled to use this naked link feature.
    When I told them I would like to forget about the whole thing, and asked them to refund my 300$ they refused and pointed to some 'terms and conditions' page that you will not be able to see when you browse their website.
    They haven't spent any time or resources, but still REFUSED to refund my 300$. I couldn't get those 300$ from PayPal either because it's a service and not a physical good, so bottom line:

- They have my 300$
    - I haven't received any value from them
    - They avoided my calls and my attempts to contact them

I'm a merchant myself and even if I spend a lot of money creating custom made paintings for my customers, I always refund their money if they are not satisfied.

STAY AWAY from LinkConnector since they will never refund your money, no matter what will happen.

I wouldn't work with them, you should of done a search here before signing up, although the best threads from when they had their own forum here were deleted. If I would you I would have my credit card company chargeback the money.

ABW Ambassador
    Research is so important. Find out before you pay. The power of the internet is only useful if you actually make use of what is out there

I'm with LinkConnector and am very sorry for your frustrations, Assaf. I think that it would behoove ABW readers and others though, to receive a little more information on this thread.

To reduce ambiguity and be 100% forthright, we discuss our Account Types and their associated fees and included benefits one click away from our homepage. The link is here: http://www.linkconnector.com/accounttype.htm <http://www.linkconnector.com/accounttype.htm> . We discuss on this page the $300 non-refundable deposit for our Self-Managed Account (second paragraph). We also discuss that Naked Link Technology is only available in our Co-Managed Account Types.

The non-refundable deposit is in place for our protection, as we invest many of our resources to get a merchant active in our network. This policy has been in place for some time now.

Also, after speaking with our Sales staff, I understand that a team member reached out to you shortly after you signed up. Our team member learned about your expectations and went over your options with you. She explained what it would take to gain access to our Naked Link Technology and reviewed the account fees with you. It was our understanding that after your conversation with our Sales staff, you had all the information you needed to make a good judgment call for your business.

As you elected to have a Self-Managed account type, you do not have an assigned Account Representative (also discussed on our Account Types page and explained by our Sales staff). If you would like to discuss this account or have any questions at all, I would be happy to talk with you myself, or put you in touch with our Merchant Relations team.

I work with a few of their more niche merchants and have always gotten replies to emails, always gotten paid. Every network has sucky merchants, but they also have good ones.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Lane
    To reduce ambiguity and be 100% forthright, we discuss our Account Types and their associated fees and included benefits one click away from our homepage. The link is here: http://www.linkconnector.com/accounttype.htm <http://www.linkconnector.com/accounttype.htm> . We discuss on this page the $300 non-refundable deposit for our Self-Managed Account (second paragraph). We also discuss that Naked Link Technology is only available in our Co-Managed Account Types.
    I think in the interest of good customer service that you would consider a refund in this case if the merchant never got past step 1.

Yes Connie, all networks have good and bad merchants, but that wasn't the point of PaintYourLife in this thread. They probably should have created a new thread instead of resurrecting an old one.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ah didn't see that it was an old thread. Was responding to the earlier ones not PaintYourLife

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast