Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Just dropped their cookie duration from a *hearty* 7 days to 1........sheeeesh. Maybe CJ needs to start allowing merchants partial day durations?

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

-elbowcreek

ABW Ambassador
    I just got an acceptance from them and I hadn't even applied. Hmmm...

ABW Ambassador
    Elisabeth,

I too was accepted and never applied.

Mike

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    That place must be DESPERATE to be able to say they have some affiliates!!!

Shame on you CJ for allowing them to Warp Up new affiliates by automatically adding them to their program! How Snare-like

Not only is it Snare-like and desperate-looking, it is a pain in the arse to have to go through and DELETE these hitchhikers from our accounts! But I'm sure they'll be deleted (or ignored) anyway, despite the inconvenience. Any merchant that sucks so bad they have to do THAT to get affiliates, doesn't deserve to be promoted!

ABW Ambassador
    It's not just them...I have received 93 welcome messages so far today...some are merchants that we are already affiliated with and have been for some time...as for the rest of them, I've no idea what is going on...

Tom Pyles

93?!
    I've had about 20 over last couple of days.. from merchants I joined last month.. well, at least they care enough to write

ABW Ambassador
    I just logged on and got 18 more...and if you look at the times of my post, you will see it's only been 2 hours....sheesh...thank goodness I use a special e-mail address for CJ and not the typical sales@

Tom Pyles

It's good to be affiliated with so many...you can always say you represent over xxx number of companies like A,B,C, etc.

And your are not lying. And you can say they chose you - which is true.

whether you send them any traffic or sales is a different issue.

Bwa ha ha har har! That's good! (seriously!)

Now I think maybe I'm missing out...I've only gotten a couple of these welcome notices--and only from places I really signed up with. (now I'm kidding.)

93 messages sounds like a glitch, too. At least CJ doesn't seem to be mutating into Snare anymore...

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Leader ]

ABW Ambassador
    CJ has had this glitch before -- when I started the money site, I joined tons (and I mean tons of programs... way tooo many). Didn't get nary an acceptance notice, but kept seeing the "joined" status when later searching for merchants. Thought they had stopped sending out the "joined" message and thought that was stoopid.

Then, about a month later, I got them all in about one day's time... maybe two days.

It happens every once in awhile, I don't think too much about it any more. And yep, this seems to be one of the weeks.

As to getting ones you've never joined, well now, those I count myself lucky to have never received.

I clarified my other post after reading that last line in your post, Cedric. I really do NOT want merchants warping into "Joined" status with me!!!

But the "they sought me out" pitch would be good for negotiations--UNLESS they all knew about the Merchant WarpUp phenomenon!

Hearing Planet's cookie duration is now 45 days. :eek:

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread