Action Jackson - King of the World
    Big Google Update?
    Looks like there was a big Google update as of Thursday sometime. My traffic has dropped by 1,000 visitors a day.

No change for me ??
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Hi Neil:

I'm also seeing a huge drop in reported backlinks.

ABW Ambassador
    My traffic starting yesterday is actually back to what it was before Update Bourban. It was the second time i remember my Google traffic pretty much dying and like the first time, come back strong.

you have to excuse me, being a merchant and no techie skills.
    back linking means sites that are linking to you yes ??.

if so, then when i done a link check, it says i have 1000 more than last week. ?? . but thats from all SEs not just google.
    ?????... but my PR6 never changed on the PR update..
    its all gobbly-gook to me
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

I don't know if I'd call it big, but there are some changes going on that I've noticed. Some stuff that was in, out again, now in again.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    I have seen negative changes over the past two days for Backcountry Corp natural listings (two sites Backcountry and BackcountryOutlet- both dropped several pages down in SERPs) and my personal affiliate site's natural listings. Funny though, KWs I watched in other areas (besides outdoor gear) are holding.

I noticed an 'update' or 're-shuffling' that affected only one of my affiliate sites about three weeks ago..

Are the days of the named updates that affect everyone at once gone? Almost seems to be 'sub-updates' happening now HAHA

Have a good weekend everyone.. try not to worry about this stuff and relax (yikes I should take my own advice)

ABW Ambassador
    back linking means sites that are linking to you yes ??.
    Yup, backlinks are inbound links.

Al
    most seems to be 'sub-updates' happening now
    It is, like they're updating PR internally all the time, but only show new toolbar PR every 2-3 months or so. Index and algo changes are more often, but with hitting different data centers it's hard to tell what's happening when.

ABW Ambassador
    I gave up on Google who knows how many updates ago. Is it the same constantly changing deal that it's been for a while now, or is it any better yet? About a year and a half ago I could get rankings... I eventually just gave up with them.

*Something* has happened with the SERPs recently, but I haven't seen any chat about it at WMW or the usual places.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

15 years and counting
    Several of my websites are back in Google in top positions. I've seen a huge surge in traffic Saturday and Sunday. I lost these prime time keywords last year and I did nothing to change my ranking during that time. I've no idea if it's going to last.

ABW Ambassador
    >>I did nothing to change my ranking during that time

A number of people have experienced that (including me for a few), with sites that didn't have many backlinks (or much inbound anchor text) all of a sudden starting to see some Google traffic for the first time in ages.

It's been all about "get links, get anchor text!" and some people didn't bother for some sites. That's where it looks like the knobs were turned down a bit.

I have a site that disappeared in mid-December for some reason. Traffic divebombed by 75%! I was never able to determine what was going on with it. I made a few changes, but nothing seemed to help. Eventually, I gave up on it and decided to just wait and see what happens.

This weekend, I noticed increased activity on the site, and I was suddenly able to find it again in Google for relevant search queries. That was the crazy part - pages on this site that were loaded with info were buried in the SERPs, while other pages with just a mention of the topic or a picture would rank at the top.

I hope it stays this way, the site is clean and always has been. Very confusing to have a clean site just vanish the way it did, but when it comes to Google who knows what happens...

Andy

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread