Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    LinkShare Launches Training Facility in New York City
    LinkShare Corporation, a leader in performance-based marketing solutions, has launched the first of its kind, state of the art training center for affiliate marketers. The new training facility was created to facilitate enhanced education and in-person information exchange regarding developments in the industry.

The 5,000 square foot facility, located at 130 Madison Avenue in New York City, will serve as a venue in which LinkShare can both train and inform merchants, affiliates, and LinkShare employees on the most cutting edge strategies and developments in affiliate marketing, search, and other performance-based initiatives and emerging technologies.

"LinkShare represents some of the most important emerging vertical and Fortune 500 leaders on the web. We see it as part of our mission to offer them the most sophisticated training tools and services currently available in the market," notes Heidi S. Messer, President and COO of LinkShare Corporation.

The midtown Manhattan location will also be used for industry-wide meetings, seminars, and events, and is one of the latest in LinkShare's many initiatives aimed at sharing the company's extensive experience within the performance-based marketing space. In 2004, LinkShare opened the Center for Excellence in Chicago, Illinois. The Center is dedicated to promoting best practices in all of the company's efforts, and is focused on enhancing the core services that are provided to LinkShare's client base.
    Ummm ... I'll comment after others take a swing at this one
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Question Affiliate Boot Camp?
    maybe like the Marines: tear 'em down & build 'em up again?

Oh, no! Serious competition coming!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I think they should stop trying to be so innovative and work on the basics. When they have their internal operations running smoothly then they can go for the glam shots.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hopefully there will be some form of remote access to these events? Even just the ability tot watch and listen would be useful for those of us outside the US or a long way from NY City

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

15 years and counting
    Rhea said it. They don't have a clue of what people successful at doing Affiliate Marketing for years need and they would like to train others.
    Who's going to train them first?
    Heidi - We see it as part of our mission to offer them the most sophisticated training tools and services currently available in the market
    If it's the same level of sophistication than their Athena project or SynergyAnalytics, they can keep it.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I welcome this initiative from Snare.

After all, based on how well Project Athena has been going, the more people they "train," the less competition I will have left! Of course, they should pick industries that are also represented in CJ, so when their trainees' sites all disappear, I can really cash it in
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Well, what LinkShare does have is data, even if the current reporting system can't display it in a usable format for anyone to use. They obviously know who generates the big bucks.

Without compromising what seems like it should be confidential information, what is going to go on here?

Without compromising what seems like it should be confidential information, what is going to go on here?
    All told, it'll probably be just a bunch of rah-rah propaganda and employee indoctrination going on there. Lots of companies have "training centers" and from what I've read, that's what they usually do in 'em...tell the employees how great the place is, why their latest initiative is so great (especially if it's bombing--and LS's latest initiative is indeed generating bad PR...)--and then take the building and time spent off their taxes as something like "policy training."

both train and inform merchants, affiliates, and LinkShare employees on the most cutting edge strategies and developments in affiliate marketing, search, and other performance-based initiatives and emerging technologies.
    IMO the translation probably is, "inform" anyone who'll listen (or, who they can make sit there and pretend to listen, as in the case of their employees), about their Great Initiatives like Project Athena, and their Emerging BETA Technologies like Synergy Analytics.

What will merchants and affiliates get out of that? A trip to NY that they can take off *their* taxes!

Damn, 5000 sf of space in that part of town ain't cheap.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

Rhea - I think they should stop trying to be so innovative and work on the basics.
    YEP..

15 years and counting
    InfoTim - Damn, 5000 sf of space in that part of town ain't cheap.
    I'll like to have a look at their books and see how many affiliates are financing their training center without knowing it.

Talking
    hey, if they'd spot me a train ticket and put me up for a week somewhere plus put me through the program gratis, I'd be their poster boy . . .

I don't like the idea of them using my data, to help other people know what to target. My last 2 or 3 LS merchants may have to get the boot.

I also don't like them training the competition. That's not what they are supposed to be doing. This whole thing smells very rotten. How many parasites will receive help and then receive awards? Most of us don't find NYC a convenient location, etc. etc.

The more that I hear from LS, the less that I like it.

Jazz Times

The Thin White Duke PreacherMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    After all, based on how well Project Athena has been going, the more people they "train," the less competition I will have left!
    That's the nail on the head right there!
    Keep on learning, keep on earning. :fan:

more thoughts on this.

The few LS merchants I've stayed with say trust the merchant and don't worry about LS.

Well if the synergy analytics etc are being used to cull data from me for my competitors, then it really isn't just the merchant anymore.

Although all the information in the world won't help a sandboxed site, I just don't like this.

Jazz Times

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Smile
    This has less to do with training then peddling and injecting influence from the IAB/DMA membership. It's the basic 123 courseware of launching or building an affiliate enabled merchant program through immediate partnerships with...

1. Gorrilla marketing BHO's who have no network boundries when it comes to infestation routines. The pitch is ...you pay a small hush money price to advertise on your competitors site triggered from keywords & URL on 200 million hijacked systems. Cleavet: Don't ask how those BHO's achieve those installs.

2. Introductions to outsourced or network sponsored mass E-mail marketing affiliate companies.

3. Introductions to SEM marketing firms who control the PPCSE syndications as every paid click can wash domain bound affiliate cookies increasing PPCSE ROI at the expense of page building value Ad affiliates. Easier & cheaper to pay those adept at this with some of the cost coming out of the washed cookies on every PPCSE click.

4. How to immediately get penetration into the Comparision shopper Super Affiliates sites who are keyword PPCSE's, ecatalog shopping portals.

5. How to leverage dedicated SE traffic influencers through the simple vehicle of coupons and reβates. No difference if they're incentive domain bound affiliates or BHO browser spammers. One stupid coupon and your on every e-mail list, PPCSE campaign and shady cookie trickster to come down the pike.

6. You must have feeds for the masses or how can you expect to tap into those adept at doorway pages, SERP spamming, SEO/SEM tricksters without ever once getting your hands dirty.

7. The XYZs of advance affiliate recruitment through offering real high conversion on-page creatives, involves a special course and intelligence factor not found in the existing curriculum for advertising interns. To get into this aspect of affiliate marketing you'd have to join ABW, accept sales conversion responsibility for targeted traffic, and be held responsible for the poor results due to practicing items 1-6....
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    If lesson #1 isn't - join almost any network other than linkshare - I would ask for my money back.

I'd comment but my mother told me if I don't have anything nice to say.. don't say it. Maybe I'll listen to her this one time.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Smile
    Leeann no need to hold back as I threw out some "bait" to get to what this Linkshare investment seeks to accomplish. Proof of the pudding comes from the results of this education process. Are the merchant AM's and affiliates passing through the courseware being taught best practices or gorrilla mass marketing shortcuts? Only the discussion output from all sides has any meaning here at ABW.

I assume it's a training course in proven mass advertising practices having squat to do with customer facing pre-sell creatives on affiliates webpages. A how to guide to take the one minute effort to create a coupon and throw it to SERP spammers -e-mail marketers -100 BHO's and the "get paid to..." crew. Credo: Concentrate on what's most likely to set or overwrite LS cookies with the least effort.... via click trickery enticements. Following the spread and multiple uses of that ONE COUPON would be a real eye opener for why this industry relies upon despensing spam food.

I equate that to training new fishermen in the art of fishing for immediate profits. It's a short course. Teach them to pull the pin on a granade and toss it into a pond. Then scrape the dead fish off the top with a net.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Will the insanity every stop???
    Well, I have three issues with all of this.

1. Again, first information about something is being delivered here instead of to us by LinkShare themselves (as are also most problems identified here before LS knows about it).

2. How many affiliates live in or around New York? I know I will never use that facility.

3. Ditto what Rhea said: Rhea - I think they should stop trying to be so innovative and work on the basics.

I'm beginning to think that Mr. Messer hired some consultants that know nothing about affiliate marketing and they have sold him a bill of goods. They probably convinced him he needed to weed out his affiliates (without thought to their loss of income), create a bunch of fancy reporting modules (that are 90% useless), set up a one of a kind training faciltity (that 99% of affiliates can't access).

Will the insanity every stop??? I'm sorry, but I really cannot see myself a year from now looking back at what all LinkShare has done and say, "Wow, this company is way ahead of the pack and heads above the other networks". Not at this rate, I don't see that.
    Last edited by Ron Bechdolt; July 29th, 2005 at 12:41 PM.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

15 years and counting
    LOL, Ron

Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    I'll like to have a look at their books and see how many affiliates are financing their training center without knowing it.
    Must ... resist ... cheap shot ... against ... LS ...

Oh go for it. Save your "expensive" shots for a network that has enough neurons to understand them.

Heidi S. Messer, President and COO of LinkShare Corporation.
    I thought Stephen was president. Who is Heidi? And what is a COO?
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

15 years and counting
    COO
    Chief Operating Officer

Stephen's sister, S. Messer is Chairman & CEO

Heidi S. Messer
    President & COO
    Ms. Messer is responsible for the day-to-day non-technology business operations of LinkShare, including sales and marketing, and negotiating business development deals for the Company.

http://www.linkshare.com/about/management.shtml

Ron, you need to attend the next LinkShare symposium!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast