Move from current affiliate to a competitor - any issues!
    I have been promoting an affiliate from Linkshare. I actually wanted to sell the products of a competitor to start with but there affiliate program was suspended, when I was starting. Now they are back and I wish to start selling their products. I liked this companies product from the begining. What should I do out of the following options:
    1. Buy a new domain and then start with scratch.
    2. Use the current domain and start pointing all the affiliate links to that of the new company - by doing this will I be breaking any rule, since the new company is with commision junction.

Feel free to mention anyother suggestion you may have.

My other question is: Should I dissociate with the older company since I am now trying to sell stuff from the new company or can I carry on both, though I intend to drop the adword marketing for the old companies product or keep the CPC very low for it at the least.

Appreciate response from your experiences.

Thanks

Or can I promote both the competiting company from the same domain? Though I think that will be very stupid of me.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    LinkShare's exclusivity clause is aimed at merchants, not affiliates. In other words, if a merchant opens their program at LS, they can't have a program somewhere else (for example, at CJ) at the same time.

But since you're an affiliate, that doesn't apply to you. So unless either of your competing merchants has an exclusivity clause aimed at affiliates--it would be highly unusual for that to be the case--you can promote 'em both. On the same site or on different ones, it's up to you.

Personally, I'd promote 'em both in some way or another, unless one really sucks...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    LinkShare's exclusivity clause is aimed at merchants, not affiliates. In other words, if a merchant opens their program at LS, they can't have a program somewhere else (for example, at CJ) at the same time.
    If you look close enough, you can find this clause is being broken, or at the very least, bent
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Thanks Leader, You reply makes sense. I will try to promote both on the same website, though I will promote one over the other, through different pages on the same site.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread