Deadline for Holiday Season
    It is end of July. Exactly 4 months to the start of the busy holiday season. Iíve a question. Lets say, its end of September or early October (1-2 months away from holiday season) and you happen to find a new program that you find interesting, would you spend time on it? Do you think you would you have time to use its datafeeds, creatives, coupons etc etc or would you rather spend the last two months before the start of holiday season on your existing programs?

Cheers!
    -nishith

I definitely would. Most merchants ship up until the day before Christmas. Why not try to earn all the money you could?!

Also, a little correction to your statement that "the busy holiday season" starts in 4 months. For most merchants it starts in October.

Good luck!

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Geno - RussianLegacy
    Also, a little correction to your statement that "the busy holiday season" starts in 4 months. For most merchants it starts in October.
    True, its much less than 4 months. So less time and so much to do.

-nish

The last two months are too late to make any significant impact, unless you're using pages that are already well indexed and trafficked, but I'd still try a new programme, I just wouldn't expect much from it this year.

I actually see October to December as a fairly quiet time for new pages, that's the time that hard work earlier in the year comes to fruition, I keep the pages up to date and I may well change much of the content, but it's not a time to be getting new pages coming online and earning. Now to the end of August - September at a stretch - is the main holiday season page-building time.

Then again, I work differently to many, so others may have totally different perspectives.

To me, the optimal time to get a page up in time to maximize holiday profits is right now. The later you wait, the less developed the traffic will be by Christmas. Of course if you are too late this year, it gives you a full year for the traffic to build for Christmas 2006.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Good to know since I thought people wouldn't even consider joining a new program in september, october.......

cheers!
    -nishith

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I'm with Paul Ward. Mid-October's about the latest, for my new pages. The actual shopping season is chill time when it comes to page generation.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread