Affiliate Network Rep
    US affiliates more than welcome - any questions
    Hi

I was over is the US recently for an affiliate convention and had a very good chat with Kellie aka Ms B about US affiliates who wanted to expand into the UK affiliate market.

We are keen at the buy.at affiliate network to make this process as easy as possible for anyone that is interested.

We work mainly with large UK brands which consumers over here relate to which will help with conversions.

Anyone who is interested in this space feel free to post your questions or email me and ill attempt to give you the benefit of my experience on what works and what doesnt.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Thanks

Mal

Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@perfiliate.com
    +44 (0)191 241 6500
    www.buy.at

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Hi Mal, good to see you here. And I haven't forgotten your email.

Mal and I did have a very interesting talk regarding gobalization of affiliates, US vs UK Network models, parasites, ad blocking, and tracking (non cookie-based) among a few other things. It was a very interesting discussion. At least for me.

I know that one question that has come up for US affs promoting UK (or other countries) in other threads is how does the Network pay the US affiliate. Another is whether they are required to have a .uk domain to promote. Those might be a couple of areas you might want to address getting started.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Payment and .co.uk
    Hi Kellie

It was very interesting for me to especially the parts about morpheus's beginnings with the US networks etc :-)

Ok so to the questions.

in terms of the buy.at network we already work with US affiliates on a number of programs and have built up good relationships with them. We had put a limit on payments of $5000 or more in a month and were sending the payments via wire/bank transfer .

I am not so bothered about that limit now as we are opening our doors and saying come and try us so I dont want their to be any obsticles. We can payout in any currency in reality so would consider working with good affiliates who wanted to promote programs in the UK.

In terms of the domain extension many UK affiliates own and use .com domains for promotion to a Uk audience - as well as .net or .info - the list goes on.

In the Uk when you download a google toolbar and as for .co.uk results you still get a big mix of US/UK sites.

This is one of the reasons we wanted to come to the US and talk with affiliates who are getting UK traffic by default and not monetising it.

If anyone has any other questions or needs clarification on the above please let me know

Thanks

Mal

Malcolm Cowley
    +44(0)191 241 6500
    www.buy.at

Affiliate Network Rep
    Kellie

Do you think this would be better in another section as Im not sure many ABW's read this side of the forum so much.

I am sure there will be plenty who are breaking into the Uk space over the next few months and it would be a shame for them and me to miss the opportunity of sharing knowledge and ideas.

Thanks

Mal

Malcolm Cowley
    +44(0)191 241 6500
    www.buy.at

Cool
    Malcolm,

Kellie is in Miami this weekend, I'll move it to the cafe.
    <OT> I sent you an email on Tuesday.</OT>
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Affiliate Network Rep
    Thanks
    Hi Haiko

Many thanks for moving the post for me , its much appreciated.

I just ran my emails again remotely to see if I could find yours and I cant find any just addressed to me but maybe I am missing something.

Would you be able to resend please to malcolm dot cowley at perfiliate.com

I look forward to reading what its about soon.

Ok so now I'm in the lounge and online anyone with any questions fire away , nothing to hard though as its 23.32 here in the UK :-)

Thanks

Mal

Malcolm Cowley
    +44(0)191 241 6500
    www.buy.at

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread