Interesting article on seasonality
    The variations are not as marked as I would have expected.

http://www.clickz.com/stats/sectors/...le.php/3522241

I wonder how this would vary with different age groups.

Les

The article mentions kids home from school accounting for the increase in communication (mainly IM). This is helping to confirm my belief that the reason my click throughs have skyrocketed and my sales plummeted is kids home from school all day surfing. Especially since the products I'm selling appeal to the teenage/young adult crowd as much as adults. Only they kids have not money (for the most part). Despite the protests in my household, I've decided to pray for school to hurry up and start already.

Those charts just don't make sense. People spend more time online in Commerce in January than December? Perhaps "time online" isn't the metric they should be measuring. Admittedly, I have a much smaller amount of data to work with than they do, but I think people spending considerably more time (or money at least) shopping online in December than any other month.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks a lot, Les.

This is an interesting read, indeed quite unexpected. Although they call it cyclical the numbers are relatively flat over the year. Maybe its just the individual market segments that are cyclical, i.e. golf vs. skiing. The findings are different from what some seasoned 'shopping' marketeers reported in a recent thread (http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=61035), wonder why this is the case. I assume that the survey is just too broad, and that the actual experiences by the ABW Pros reflect the reality.

Also, the survey only looks at overall and general parameters, hence it is difficult (or impossible) to correlate this with spending patterns.

Frank
    [URL=http://www.golfbeginnerguide.com/]Golf Beginner Guide[/URL] ; [URL=http://www.ladygolfersguide.com/]Lady Golfers Guide[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Those charts just don't make sense. People spend more time online in Commerce in January than December? Perhaps "time online" isn't the metric they should be measuring. Admittedly, I have a much smaller amount of data to work with than they do, but I think people spending considerably more time (or money at least) shopping online in December than any other month.
    My gut feeling is similar.

From my stats, December, and often January, seem to be the months when people are actually visiting commerce sites AND getting their wallets out.

So I wonder why their stats don't seem to bear out our practical experiences.

Les

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread