Question in need of assistance
    Hello everyone.
    Thanks for the help thus far. I know I don't have the best website in the world, but I have re-done my seo and have some good standing in the search engines currently and it is growing again. I know my site should be redone again in CSS and I should get a database up and going. Yes, I know about Affsolutions and GoldenCan already. They are excellent services and I will continue to use them. Wish we had more like them. I need additional help from you all on achieving either/or/both $10,000/mo. income 30,000 visitors (unique or repeaters) without buying the traffic (sort of speak). Can you guys and gals throw me some bones please? I'll give you a little more input here, I am using Globat.com for webhosting. My site is tsmgroup2, you can find it almost anywhere if you search for it by name. I would have left it as a url or link but this red note says not to do that, sorry. Didn't want to get busted or upset my buddies at Abestweb... They are very good folks... Any ideas that help make me a better developer would be more than appreciative. Thanks.
    Mark

Mark, after reviewing your site in firefox, MS explorer and Opera, firefox your content looked like it was all over the place MS explorer and Opera did not look bad.

Another issue is it is very vague and does not appear to target specific audiences. What are you trying to do?

You should set a site up for a specific type of audience. I have 30+ and for the most part each one focuses on a specific group, a specific thought pattern, this is called “niche” marketing. Some of the sites are interlinked with others, some aren’t, it all depends what I am trying to accomplish. Sometimes the sites deal with getting them to sign up for free information (that contains links to my products, etc…). Some are just for selling products.

You look like you are taking a shotgun approach and seeing what you hit, if anything. Not a good idea. What do YOU LIKE TO DO? What are your interests? Do what you like and the money will follow.

That’s what you should be focusing on. FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS.

I see income opportunities scattered throughout your site. Do you enjoy doing that? If so, build a site about income opportunities, offer tips, etc… One tip per page, that leads to the income opportunity you are trying to sell.

Develop a plan. Once you have determined your plan, research your SUCCESSFUL competition, see what they are doing and do it better. It takes time and work, both of which it appears you have. Once things get rolling you can hire others out to do the work you don’t want to do.

Build a site with CONTENT, I should say GOOD CONTENT. It has and always will be king. The more pages your have with good content the more targeted traffic you will get and eventually more sales! Take that money and reinvest it into your business.

You will notice that when the money starts coming in, you will say to yourself, “I’m going to take a hundred out and go party (or have some fun). DON’T, why? Because if you keep reinvesting every cent at the beginning, as the months and years go by, that hundred dollars turns to 1000, 2000, 5000, 10,000 in expendable cash flow of your business will not even notice missing if you decide to take a nice vacation, or treat you and your loved one with something special.

I started out in 96 hardcoding my site own sites when there were no easy to use website authoring software packages. I remember when I got my first sale. I was so please that I accomplished something. I had MANY FAILURES before I had success, and I am sure many in this forum will agree that they had many failures too. However, I NEVER GAVE UP.

The phrase “winners never quit and quitters never win” is a phrase that rings true in this field. Another motto you should consider is “every failure is but another step to ultimate success.”

You learn by your failures, not your success. It’s the ones who take what they learned and apply it are the ones who succeed.

As for your “good standings in the search engines” where and what? Are you in the top three for the keywords real-estate, income opportunities, etc… If not then I don’t see how it will help. What audience are you trying to target?

Beta Fource, you mentioned that you have 30+ sites. Does each site have it's own domain name? I have about 6,000mb of web space and was thinking of setting up several stores in separate directories within one of my domains without getting domain names for each of them.

Leeanne

Beta Force,
    Thanks for the assist. It is suppose to be a shopping mall targeting people of all ages (if this is possible). I will check out my competition, but I don't think they are anything like what I was trying to accomplish. May I ask, what audience are the malls like yahoo, google, or perhaps even msn targeting? Provide all the insight into how to target an audience would be greatly appreciated. As for the Mozilla browser, I know, I was working on that problem but I can't get html programming to settle down in Mozilla, that is why I know I need to reprogram the site in CSS.
    Mark

This brings back memories. I built a mall site in '99 after starting in AM in '98. Though there are several successful affiliate mall sites, it didn't work for me, but I never gave up on affiliate marketing, doing it on the side. Also, I now understand why the mall site didn't work for me, but the only way to find out was to go through the experience.

In this field and in life, when you think you have failed, you haven't at all -- actually, you have gained something of exceptional value: knowledge, wisdom, guidance.

Early this year I decided to devote all available time to AM and left my main career. It was a decision I would make again.

As others have said, NEVER GIVE UP.
    Last edited by deepestblue; July 27th, 2005 at 12:43 PM.

If you want to master web development you must first understand how programming languages work - all of them. I suggest programming a text-based game, an RPG or something of sorts using javascript/php to begin with. That will give you a lot of experience.

Push the limits!!

lurk
    Quote Originally Posted by Webnet
    If you want to master web development you must first understand how programming languages work - all of them. I suggest programming a text-based game, an RPG or something of sorts using javascript/php to begin with. That will give you a lot of experience.

Push the limits!!
    Although, you don't need to be a good programmer to become a successful AM.
    Jason

I don't think that many sites are necessary.A good newspaper,with classified ads will promote sales as well as 100 poor newspapers, i use 5 sites,set up the merchants that offer me and my shoppers the quality,values,services,solutions and security
    they want.While on the subject,merchants that ship to the wrong address,are usally out of stock, or miss a special occasion will hurt you, like I had placed an order to Big Daddy Smokes, they must be groing the tobacco, my feedback and comments give me more info than the merchants.That's a fact, and my nickels worth.
    A very annoyed
    JJ

lurk
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyjim
    I don't think that many sites are necessary.A good newspaper,with classified ads will promote sales as well as 100 poor newspapers...

The good newspaper also started small like the rest and now has a much larger budget to accomodate for employees/marketing/bills/etc... Many people don't like to make large mall sites to start with because they will need to advertise on a very broad base of product, and compete with many big established mall sites.

If you start with niche websites however, your focus is very targetted which can result in more sales than you may have acheived from a mall site. Not to mention with niche sites you can start with things you know about (which in my opinion will dramatically help with building the site and sales) as opposed to a mall site which covers many areas of products, many of which you may not know anything about.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying you CAN NOT make a succesfull mall site. They all started from somewhere, just that it may prove to be much more difficult.
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Leeanne
    Beta Fource, you mentioned that you have 30+ sites. Does each site have it's own domain name?
    Leeanne, Yes I do (I have many more then that though). It does not matter if you have in memory, it's what you do with what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by tsmgroup2
    May I ask, what audience are the malls like yahoo, google, or perhaps even msn targeting?
    I have never used malls so I don't know

Provide all the insight into how to target an audience would be greatly appreciated.
    Discover your best keywords for the audience you are trying to target and create content and/or websites based on that.

I don't use mall sites,only the best mix I can find.
    JJ

Exclamation
    I don't use mall sites,only the best mix I can find.
    JJ
    I think they are talking about one's personal site or two being mall sites instead of niche sites.

i use 5 sites,set up the merchants that offer me and my shoppers the quality,values,services,solutions and security
    they want.
    I only started with one, and it was focused on alternative health. As my education and products grew, so did my sites, which are 30+ now.

You have to start somewhere, and I'm sure many here started with one also.

I started with one site in April, a mall, before I found you guys here at ABestweb. The mall gets lots of traffic but very few sales. At the beginning of this month I decided to take some advice I had see here and set up another web site with a couple of stores, just to see what would happen. Now they were nothing fancy, mind you, but they had inventory that customers could browse. Within two days I had sales. Nothing big but they were sales. I hadn't even submit the domain to the search engines, and customers were finding the store. Then, I was quite surprised to see, the Googlebot show up on the fourth day, and return every other day for a crawl. The traffic over the past month at the store site has been growing faster than the mall and it looks like sales are also going to outpace the mall.

So, tonight I moved my domains from hosting accounts to a server and will be spending the next few months setting up stores and the mall shall dwindle and become a distant memory.

Leeanne

Well done, Leeanne.
    My hands are clapping and applauding you. (seriously, well done.) Would do me and the rest one more favor. Could let us in on a little insight. Did you do anything fancy on those stores? Did you separate product display by category when you created them, did you use html or css when making them? What else besides keeping the pages very simple and to the point did you do with the pages while making them? I have an idea of what you did, I just wanted to be sure.
    Thanks. I really do appreciate that it is possible to not only make money on the web, but also pass on life-saving information to our public.
    Mark

Sorry about that. I messed up on my previous reply. It's late and I was in a hurry.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread