Missing sales
    Could a Linkshare person/moderater please enquire as to why these sales shown in my stats 05/21/2005 and 07/25/2005 have not been credited to me please? I know the shipping field is empty but why were the products not shipped? The site is updated on a regular basis every day so there would be no out of stock products on it.

Is this yet another way the merchants can scam us on top of us having the parasites stealing sales from us left right and center?

One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Gordon I don't know about missing sales, but I've noticed that transactions seem to be taking a long time before they are actually posted. This has been happening quite a lot, but these are just some of the ones that were recorded yesterday (in one case taking as long as 12 days!!):

Transaction Date: Posting Date:

14-Jul-2005 03:19 26-Jul-2005 20:15
    19-Jul-2005 23:44 26-Jul-2005 21:45

It's not Ritz Camera though.

My untrained eye tells me that that's a reporting.net report (CJ), not Linkshare.

LOL Scott, Moved to CJ's forum.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Thanks you guys ...I don't know what I was thinking putting it in Linkshares forum LOL
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Oops...saw the "reporting.net" now...never mind.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

15 years and counting
    First, I had a hard time to understand why Gordon was asking a LinkShare rep to look at a BeFree report.

Seems like a legitimate mistake, afterall isn't Linkshare's forum the first place we go for most of our problems?

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Many merchants on BF report orders and shipments separately as two events, orders on the day it happened, shipment later when it in fact ships. Commish is only paid on shipment. Others report them together.

The order placed on 7/25 surely hasn't had enough time to ship yet. The one from May may be backordered or a pre-order. OR it could have been mis-reported. Definitely worth looking into.

Nobody at CJ is going to be able to tell you what happened with that specific order based on a screenshot of a report and your first name. This is a question best directed at Ritz.

p.s. My other eye tells me that you're experiencing reporting.net without it's stylesheet. Reporting.net isn't THAT ugly.
    Are you using Norton Internet Security by any chance? It, for one, blocks the reporting.net stylesheet because browser detection is done with javascript.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    Seems like a legitimate mistake, afterall isn't Linkshare's forum the first place we go for most of our problems?

- Scott
    i go to cj's first. and don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean that linkshare is better than cj. actually it's the opposite. because of the real time (well, they're working on it. LOL) reporting at cj and because cj is more responsive forum-wise and site-wise than LS, cj is more transparent than LS and problems can easily be spotted - and corrected. whereas with LS, there are so many more things that we don't know.

I'm getting that too. I have diamond.com orders from several months ago that never turned into commissions.

Oops!
    Quote Originally Posted by sjangro
    My untrained eye tells me that that's a reporting.net report (CJ), not Linkshare.
    Actually when I replied to Gordon's post I also didn't realise that he was referring to a BF merchant . My reply to his post does refer to LS reporting though.

By the way Scott weren't you previously with BF? Since you left, there is absolutely NO affiliate support over there. Sad but true.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread