Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Any idea what month LS is paying for?
    This is the only affiliate program which keeps you permanently guessing. IF they are paying commissions this month, does anyone know what month the commissions are being paid for, please? Like is it two, three months back? I give up on LS ever having any easy to use stats, but I would like to know if a check is coming this month to pay for some commissions earned in the past. Any input is deeply appreciated. This is the LS way, and I give up on ever knowing details. I do like the products very much, and the merchants are great. I am making sales, but even tho I hold several graduate degrees, the LS stats are unfathomable to me...All I can determine is the sales actually made. What month do you believe LS is paying out commissions for, please? If I knew that, I can run the reports up to the end of that month. THANKS

From what I can tell, the last check included April and May so I am guessing this next check will include May and June.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Linkshare doesn't work that way.

As merchants pay, they're included in the batches. For instance, on the 7/22 check, I got payments for April, May, and June for various merchants. Some of the slower merchants had just paid their April invoices. Other merchants had just paid their May invoices. The fastest merchants had just paid their June invoices.

To see which merchants and what periods are included in a check, go to Synergy Analytics > Network Transaction Analysis > Affiliate Payment Summary, then click the month and the specific check number. This will give you a report showing which merchants, periods, and amounts are included in that check.

This is a very frequent question, so I'm going to make this a sticky post.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Wink
    Thank you, LeeAnn and Michael. I appreciate your kind help.

Thanks. Synergy print too small and this system is pathetic. Give me Google Adsense reporting style any day. I am glad for any member who is able to use it. Whenever I do get a check, I am going to switch over to direct deposit so I never have to look at the Synergy thing again. I do like the merchants and products but the web designers at LS must be charging extra for each overly-complicated feature they can devise.

Thumbs down
    I hate synergy ana-whatever: you look at a box of numbers and aren't told the period they are from.

LS has said that they would start consolidated payments from all merchants like CJ. I do not know from when it would be implemented. I lost track of my last payment statements.
    It would be better to have a clean and easy payment report like CJ.
    Hope it would be online soon.

ABW Ambassador
    I would advise everyone to closely look at the old reports to calculate what is owed to them and compare it to the checks that you have been receiving for the last two months. For EVERY merchant the amount owed to me and what has been paid out since the April payment has been significantly short for EVERY payment. This has occured for every check and ever since the new system has been implemented.

I have yet to figure out what is what. I just cash the checks and hope that some month soon they will have it set up so we can acutally verify we are getting paid what we should.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

OK, I got a check today which does not represent what was owed to me for June and July. The amount is close to the July commissions but I cannot fathom how LS can operate this way. Almost all the other affiliate programs I belong to are extremely clear and correct regarding commissions. I don't know what to think about this...I like the merchants and products, but the LS setup is so arcane...read archaic...
    I guess I will just stop putting up LS links. Just leave up the ones I already have. It just is not worth the time to try to figure out their payment schedule and amounts. Why do they do this, I wonder??? Isn't simple always BETTER?

Amazonut, you need to re-read my post above (#3). LinkShare doesn't work like that. The checks are from various merchants and various months, and will probably never be as simple as you're expecting.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thank you, Michael. I do understand. LS folks have the gene for over-complication, in everything they do, not just payments. There is for example no reason to have to type in confirmation code AFTER you typed in your PASSWORD. What is that about?? Just their over-complication gene at work. Seems like they have people on the payroll who bill by the hour and think up all kinds of complications in order to get paid more. This is sad. What I am going to do is simply put LS links on the back burner and get on with the programs which have clear reporting. Thanks though for being the moderator of this forum and for caring.

About the only way to pay monthly and have that payment match up with the previous month's earnings, is to have merchants prepay (like with CJ and SAS). Even CJ isn't that simple, though, because of extensions. Large merchants refuse to prepay, and often even go Net 60 or Net 90. That's not going to change anytime soon, and since LinkShare has a lot of large merchants, their payments are going to continue to be the way they are. Performix is another similar example of a network of mostly large (catalog) merchants, and their payments work exactly the same way.

I agree with your observation about LinkShare over-complicating everything. Most things could be made much simpler.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Thank you again, Michael. I am going to still use LS for niche items. As I say, I do LOVE the products and merchants. What I am going to do is just request direct deposit and then forget about the payments. My visitors NEED the LS products. My site is huge, over 2000 pages and growing fast. No affiliate marketer can ignore LS, but LS really needs to get up to speed on simplifying everything. This would also attract more merchant accounts for them, don't you agree? They look like the old lady among the affiliate programs... If they could hire someone to STREAMLINE (get rid of Synergy, for example) I believe they could outdo CJ. But will they listen to this advice??? Maybe they read this forum...

I signed up for direct deposit centuries ago but keep getting checks in the mail instead. Linkshare support is either non-existent or just plain ignoring my emails on this...

i grew tired of keeping track of my cheques and finding out which month it was for etc..

as long as a check comes to me , i am happy with that..

its too complicated to try and figure it out..

Quote Originally Posted by La_Valette
    I signed up for direct deposit centuries ago but keep getting checks in the mail instead. Linkshare support is either non-existent or just plain ignoring my emails on this...
    Did you go through the Random Deposit Verification process? LinkShare will make two small deposits into your account and you need to enter the amounts. Go to "Your Account > Update Profile" and check the settings there.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

I too am guessing.
    I believe I still need Aug. PAyment and then I "should" be caught up.
    I used to use the payment reports,(under my account tab) but that stopped working in Feb of this year. It still only lets me choose Feb '05 nothing more recent.

Looking for a payment this month in the mail, but have yet to get it.

Just haing' in there while the new owners get things sorted out.
    Hope they do it soon, but I'm thinking more like a year.

--Brian
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

Unbelievable !!!!!!!
    Got a Check from linkshare today. I was happy to see it.
    That is until I opened it and the payment is for $2.56

That is way off.
    What the hell happened this time?????
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

From August till now, never get a check from LS,it's December.is it 4 months? but still no check from LS.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Alvin,
    I just sent you a PM, can you please send me your LinkShare username and email and I will look into why you are not being paid. If you are not able to PM please send your LinkShare username, email and the merchant that you are questioning to abw@linkshare.com.
    Ranae

Ranae,
    I got it,I set the threshold and forgot it.
    ok,that's good, this thing is quite important for me.

I believe I will have the check soon.

Thank you!!!

If Commission Junction can set up a understandable system where one can easily see what one will be or has been paid for, why can't LS? And this really ties into getting merchants to pay LinkShare on time. It's still taking me a couple of months to get paid at LS that take just one month at CJ.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

CJ isn't that straightforward, either. They're clearer than LinkShare, but since transactions can be extended by a month on CJ, a CJ check will include some earnings from the previous month, some from two months previous, and bonuses from yet another month. The check on January 20th will seldom match the earnings from December.

I've seen mockups of the next round of Synergy Analytics screens, and it'll be easier to see everything at a glance once that's implemented.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

What do you actually see in this report?
    Hi.
    I'm Pex.
    I wonder... what do you see in this report (payments)?
    I got 2 checks from may and june, and since then no new information.
    Is this normal?
    I did set a high threshold, but it did well over it from november until now.
    Can someone from LS assure me that everything is ok?
    Thanks.
    Pex

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast