Affiliate Manager Xcelsius Affiliates's Avatar
    San Diego, CA
    New affiliate marketing idea: feedback requested
    I've been kicking an idea around recently that involves a new way for our affiliates to sell our product. To see if it carries any weight, I figured I'd open it up to the masses and request some feedback.

Our software program Xcelsius is used to turn Excel spreadsheets into interactive dashboards, charts, graphs, and presentation graphics. A user can modify his or her data by moving sliders, pushing buttons, and turning gauges, which is a much more exciting way to interact with data than typing numbers into cells. See some examples here.

We offer the typical mix of affiliate materials: text links, banners, box shots, screenshots, etc. However, my thinking was that these methods, while effective, don't fully SHOW a potential customer what the product can do.

So, the idea is to create and distribute a series of Flash or PowerPoint slides that contain a live Xcelsius models built with dummy data that also contain the affiliate's ID number. The affiliate could then market the file, almost like a separate product, and when a reader clicks on the "about" link, they're taken to our site just like any standard click would do.

My question: Is this method too complex and/or does it require too much effort on the affiliate's part? Would it be something you (the affiliate) could do quickly and easily?

All comments are welcome. Thanks in advance!

ABW Ambassador
    This is a similar model to what many gaming affiliates offer, nothing really new about embeding an affiliate id in a piece of software to hand out. Check some of the gaming affiliate programs like to see how they do it. They make it simple for the affiliate.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread