Talking Freebies site "script" ...cloak/track/add/delete links?
    Hi to all

I have owned freebies sites, deal sites...never automated enough tho

I also own ptr ..paid to read sites..that use a script, very detailed, membership, banners, double opt in emails, with of course an admin area, written in php

I want to "revamp" my old freebie domains, with some sort of simple script...

I want>> 1) a central log in admin area

2) ability to add/remove links..for affiliate programs, freebies, and have them "cloaked" or at least hide the affiliate a "http://www.mysite/php=1 or something?? do u know what I mean??

3) the links that I add should go into "areas" of the "main" area..I would have tags in the html that would call up these links

and then side links, bottom links...some side "gifs"...

4) I want this to be more "freebies"...trial offers....and some 'lite" shopping

what I dont want is to maintain a huge mall of stores *tho I would not mind linking to some sort of premade mall or mall feed...however I dont want to have a gazillion products or pages...

>>>>>> I am pretty dumb at php but once it would be set up I would have no problem as i run other programs in this....I am already an affiliate in many many affiliate programs..and experienced in using them..

what I just need is the ability to "add/delete/expire' links from an admin area??

and....oh..yes I have looked at some of the fantastico php programs..but they are TOO much..I dont want this site to be 'interactive'.. i dont want "ratings' or "add a link" or any of that <grin> I just want a simple site, i add affiliate links in an admin, link is "hidden" or redirected/cloaked...and shows up in the area on the website...??

any ideas?? resources, programs....any php/webdesigners? or any freebie/simple site owners??

oh and tho I love freebies, I dont expect u to work for free <grin>

my email address is is freebiesite
    msn is

thanks in advance...cheri

far far away....
    try indexu at

that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

I have a similar query ...Thanks my2cents for that link .. Besides that can u or some one else guide me .. I am new to this .. What I want to know is.. Whether there is a ready script or solution for setting up a site which has a simple admin panel where I can put in my affiliate links etc .. I am trying joomla but the learning curve seems to be quite steep

I have read a few good threads about wordpress (specially some posts by lostdeviant's Avatar
    lostdeviant are so helpful - he surely seems to be a Big WP Fan ) but havnt tried it yet.. Coz I am not sure what theme to use for wordpress If I want it to look more like a Site and Not like a blog... Can someone direct me to such a WP theme?

I am trying to search threads and learn .. and the advice on here is very nice I appreciate all the useful info from great members who have contributed..

So in the end can someone just guide me to a readymade script? with a CMS

I plan to try pop shops but thats after I have a site built up Any advice will be highly appreciated Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by my2cents
    try indexu at

Last edited by MaxInc; January 20th, 2008 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Spelling

jacked by sylon
    Go here and sign up as an affiliate.

They provide a free datafeed client for all of their merchants that does every thing that you want to do by just adding a new folder for each of their merchants - and 4 pages to the folder for each merchant - to your server - and you have the merchants entire feed on your site.

You can design your own template and just put some place holders in it and the rest is all automatic.

Every time the merchant updates their feed you site will update automatically for that merchant.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread