Exclamation Boscov's Affiliates here - ?
    Any Boscov's affiliates here?

Check your links! I've tried purchasing some baby socks yesterday from them via BizRate, and found out that all of their BizRate links are dead (lead nowhere) and the homepage leads nowhere... Today I've looked through several affiliates' websites (that feature their products) and found the same thing. Links to images are broken...

I believe, Boscov's is with BeFree.

Check your links!!!

Geno

a text link to "weekly promotions" works OK.

That's good to hear. What about pics?

My datafeed pages for them are working fine. Pictures load fine. Prices are accurate. Link goes to the product page.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno - RussianLegacy
    That's good to hear. What about pics?
    I was using just a text link for the interim; getting ready to put the dPSC links on many pages but still in the planning stage.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    My datafeed pages for them are working fine. Pictures load fine. Prices are accurate. Link goes to the product page.

Well, guys, not to sound like I'm making unsubstantiated statements, here are just a few of the links that I found not working:

[Links Removed]

Boscovs.com is not resolving for me either. Could it be, because I'm trying to access all this from St. Petersburg, Russia? boscovs-affiliate-program.com is resolving though...

Geno
    Last edited by MichaelColey; July 28th, 2005 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Removed links to affiliate sites

Those pages are all working for me. Must be something on your end.

I'm going to remove the links in your post. Please don't post links to affiliate sites.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Okay. Probably so...

Geno

Geno I believe it has something to do with your location. I know that affiliates living in the UK have complained that Boscov's images do not appear and their website cannot be accessed either. A friend of mine in Wales has the same problem and she has sent numerous emails to Boscovs, who have done nothing to resolve the situation.

Weird. Alright.

So if boscovs-affiliate-program.com resolves fine for me - does that mean they WILL consider overseas affiliates, but not overseas clients (boscovs.com does not resolve)?

Geno

I'll guess that only boscovs knows.

Yup, it's definitely the location thing. Their images and links worked perfectly when I was in California but since I moved to Taiwan, it's completely broken. The site doesn't resolve and my images come up broken. I keep their datafeed listed because I did see the images and links work at one point. It's just unfortunate that I can't check their promotions and coupons. They really should fix this.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I'm pretty sure that only people in the U.S. can buy from Boscovs - I remember a couple years ago showing a few people one of my sites that had boscovs links on it - and they kept telling me all my images were red x's and I'd go to check and ask other friends in the U.S. to check and the pages worked perfectly. I'm pretty sure they block out all foreign traffic - one of the people that I had checking back then lived in Canada and the other in the U.K.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Weird. I would definitely never exclude Canada and the UK. AVS-checks go well for both of these. I guess, this is mainly conditioned by the shipping cost calculation(s)...

Geno

Geno I think this explains it all. I found it in their FAQ section.

Can I become an affiliate if my site is based outside the United States?
    Since we currently do not ship merchandise outside the United States, we currently do not accept foreign affiliates. If you would like us to notify you when we add international shipping, please send an email to affiliates@boscovs.com.

The thing I cannot understand is WHY they have actually accepted affiliates from abroad when they clearly say that they do NOT. My friend in Wales applied from the UK (with a UK address) and was accepted!!

Seems like they should accept affiliates from abroad because in my case I run a site that's based in the US and markets to Americans. I just happen to live outside of the country at the moment. This is why they should get their permissions squared away so I can at least see their site to better market their products.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Honestly, I do the same: accept affiliates that are located outside the US, but market to the US. After all, why NOT accept them?

Weird, however, that they contradict their "official policy".

Geno

Affiliate Manager
    Smile Let me clear things up!
    Hi there. I'm the affiliate manager for the Boscovs.com affiliate program. I apologize for not seeing this thread earlier and being able to answer your questions up front.

Because of a high incidence of fraud (and viruses and spam)from overseas Boscovs.com does block foreign sites - this is out of of my control and it's a company policy. Because we do NOT ship anywhere outside of the U.S. we only approve affiliates who target a U.S. audience. We do say in our FAQs that we do not approve foreign affiliates, since we have had a good amount of fraud from many such affiliates. However, we do approve some foreign affiliates on a case-by-case basis. If you are one of those affiliates, please send an email to ME (AR@boscovs-affiliate-program.com) and I will get you "unblocked". In the thread someone mentioned their friend from Wales tried emailing Boscov's a few times to no avail. Please email ME as I always respond to affiliate emails within a few days.

Again, sorry for the confusion. Also, Bizrate WAS an affiliate of ours over a year ago - their dead links are not indicative of a problem with our program. Our datafeed and other links are working just fine. Please don't hesitate to drop me an email with any comments or questions in the future.

Best regards,
    Alison Rabschnuk
    AR@boscovs-affiliate-program.com

Alison,

First of all, WELCOME to ABestWeb!!!

Secondly, a question: don't clicks from BizRate cost you money?! Why do you not remove your feed from them?

Geno

Affiliate Manager
    Geno,
    Thanks for the welcome! We had to switch to a pay-per-click relationship with Bizrate a while back but then stopped when their rates skyrocketed. So, we're not paying them a dime even though they may have our links up. Go figure!

Take care,
    Alison

That's cool. That actually is very cool! I'd love to be in your shoes (not paying anything to BizRate, but having them feature you for free)...

You take care too, and hope to see you more at ABW.

Best regards,

Geno

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread