Linking to any page
    Is linking to any LinkShare merchant page via RD_PARM1=url universally supported, or is that something that's enabled just on a merchant-by-merchant basis?

The reason I'm asking is that I have been working on a hand coded niche site and want to link to a few products that are not in the LinkShare product link page for a few of my merchants, so the regular product link building tool does not work. And for this site, I'm not using any datafeeds like I usually do.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

From my experience, deep linking with any network is not universal. Not only do you have different formats for creating the link, but you also have some merchants who have to link through a special tracking page in order for sales to be tracked. You can usually locate these by examining the redirects. If it redirects through the network, then to a merchant page like "www.merchant.com?affiliatetracking.asp?redir=actualpage.asp" then to the actual page, that's a good sign.

It's always best to check with the individual merchant.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks Michael...the product pages at LS are frustrating because of the number of missing items (on the merchant site, not at LS) or out of stock (at LS, not at the merchant).

I was hoping there was an easy way to build a universal link since I want to keep my time-spent-per-product investment to 5 minutes or less.
    Tim

I've had to build portions of sites using merchant product links from the LS interface and it is frustrating to have to go back to the page I made and check to make sure the links actually go to the product or page.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Tim

Custom links are NOT universally support, the merchant MUST have had this activated, while it is common for merchants who have IPL links (Product Links) created to have this active, it is very likely that those with few products / or just one core product don't have it activated.

Once activated LS also have to test to ensure the merchant site supports this form of linking (session ids can mess it up).

If you try it for a site that does not use it then the links will redirect to the home page

Cheers

chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Thanks for the info! It does seem kind of hit or miss.
    Tim

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread