Where's the redirect for offline merchants?
    Brian posted in another thread:
    An automatic redirect is available now in your account which can send the visitor back to your site to either a)explain the offline situation to your customer or b) you can choose to send them to the merchant site if you wish.
    I clicked on edit your account, but did not find it there? Can you tell me where to find this please?

2 days after putting up links, a merchant goes offline. Sooooo dang aggravating! This newbie is learning stuff the hard way.

Thanks,
    Suzie

Click on "Edit your account". About half-way down the page in the section "Custom Error Redirect for "Temporarily Offline Merchants"

It's not there. My account is still limited, could that be why?

Say it isn't soooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    Click on "Edit your account". About half-way down the page in the section "Custom Error Redirect for "Temporarily Offline Merchants"
    This does not work at all, there is no such thing? I have been waiting over a year for this to be implemented and its way overdue to be a standard feature for ALL Afilliates.

C'mon be fair Sharesale, this is not right making us have to lose our customers due to merchant management problems. This should not be a burden affiliates have to bear, why should we lose our customers to dead links?

Is it such a huge problem to allow this to be standard and not just for a select few?

Quote Originally Posted by suzie250
    It's not there. My account is still limited, could that be why?

Say it isn't soooooooo!

Yep that's why.

I myself won't join a SAS merchant anymore unless they use auto-deposit. There are rare acceptions but very few.

Good luck!
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

Quote Originally Posted by rAd
    This does not work at all, there is no such thing? I have been waiting over a year for this to be implemented and its way overdue to be a standard feature for ALL Afilliates.

C'mon be fair Sharesale, this is not right making us have to lose our customers due to merchant management problems. This should not be a burden affiliates have to bear, why should we lose our customers to dead links?

Is it such a huge problem to allow this to be standard and not just for a select few?
    There is such a thing... If your account is still "limited" you don't have access to the option. If offline merchants bother you, take a stand and only promote the auto-deposit merchants. There are plenty of them.
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

Oops, double post sorry.
    Travelin' Man

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    The offline-redirect is in your account if you have reached "Full" status on ShareASale... one payment is all that is required to reach that status.

We also have an RSS feed that gives out instant updates when a merchant goes offline/online due to lack of funds. See the thread above about "Solutions to Things we Need to Fix" for details on all kinds of things we are working on.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

If offline merchants bother you, take a stand and only promote the auto-deposit merchants.
    They don't bother me, it bothers me when someone clicks on a link from my site and they get nada, makes me look like an idiot....that I don't like.

Most likely will go with auto-deposit merchants only. For now, that's the only way I can be assured of no bad links.

one payment is all that is required to reach that status.

We also have an RSS feed that gives out instant updates when a merchant goes offline/online due to lack of funds. See the thread above about "Solutions to Things we Need to Fix" for details on all kinds of things we are working on.
    At the rate I'm going, who knows how long it will be before I get that first payment.

For me, still being new at AM, the RSS feed is not really worth anything to me. I need things to be as simple as possible, without the need for extra work if a program goes off line. (I can handle working with an RSS feed, just don't want to.)

Thanks to all who answered my question.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    suzie250,

I'm not sure I understand your concern on the RSS feed or how it can't help you...but it is basically intended to be a notification so that you can take whatever action you need to take on an offline merchant.

One safe way to avoid it though is to work with Auto-deposit merchants which has been mentioned - we are moving more and more merchants in that direction as well as monitoring these offline situations a lot more closely...as we know it to be a major problem and one that hurts affiliates when it occurs.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Sorry Brian, I didnt mean to imply that the RSS feed wasn't useful. It is a good tool to have when dealing with merchants that can go offline.

I simply ment it's not useful to "me" because I don't want to have to take any action if a merchant goes offline. I'm pretty lazy.

Like I said in my first post, I'm a newbie learning things the hard way and doubt that I'll join anymore programs that aren't on auto deposit.

Thanks again.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread