Static
    Does that same thing need to be done for static stores? ie. the allposters script? Or can you put php right into the template file? Thanks,
    Gavin

The allposters.pl script is not a dynamic script. It creates and writes a real file to the server's hard drive for each webpage. So you can put anything including PHP (and SSI) into your allposters.pl templates.

In allposters.ini, the default configuration is to name the files with ".html" filename ending. For your server to process PHP statements, the filenames need to end with ".php" (unless you've reconfigured your server to recognize PHP in .html files). So edit allposters.ini and set:

indexfile index.php
    htmlext php

Note: Do not rename the templates from .html to .php since the template filenames are not seen by the outside world. The templates are just templates. With regards to PHP, the template files themselves are not run; only the created files are run. It is the indexfile and htmlext configuration variables that set the filenames that the user sees.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

Search engine spiders
    Thank you, that's just what I needed to know.

But another question I have is if the search engines spiders will pick up the .php endings in all my files or if I'll get penalized for it. In my template, there is html and it uses css and a little javascript, and also a little php. So when I rename all the files to .php through that allposters.ini file, will the search engines be able to see all of the content correctly?
    Thanks,
    Gavin

allposters.pl is basically just a big "mail merge". It takes the product information and merges it into the templates and then writes the output out to server's hard disk. Whatever is in the output is in the output. That simple. If you want the search engine to see something, put it in the template.

.php is a valid filename ending. Search engines do spider filenames ending with .php

Search engines ignore JavaScript since they cannot run it. Only web browsers run JavaScript. Thus only a real user will see the output of JavaScript.

Search engines ignore CSS. CSS relates to formatting.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread