Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Unregistered My Ass!!!!!!!
    SO, I AM GOING ALONG MAKING PAGES AND SUDDENLY THE COPY OF WEBMERGE THAT I USE WILL ONLY MAKE 20 PAGES!!!!!

I LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF ONE OF THE PAGES AND FIND THIS!!!!

THIS IS THE EXACT SAME COPY OF WEBMERGE THAT I WAS USING EARLIER IN THE DAY!!

CORRECTION, IT PROCESSED 20 RECORDS AND ONE PAGE!

NOW ISN'T THAT JUST CIRCUMSTANTIAL!!!!

Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Can you not cast a spell on it Ssanf?
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

I Demand An Explaination!

Like I Just Went In And Unregistered My Own Copy.

YEAH! RIGHT!

Gee, I Asked For Some Help And Now My Program Is Unregistered!!!!!!!

I DEMAND THAT IT BE TURNED ON AGAIN, RIGHT NOW!

RICHARD KNEW THAT I AM WORKING ON A DEADLINE AND NEED WEBMERGE TO GET THE JOB DONE. NOW, IT IS TURNED OFF.

WHY????

I POINTED OUT SOME PROBLEMS I WAS HAVING WITH IT. BIG DAMNED DEAL! THAT IS NO REASON TO TURN OFF A PROGRAM THAT I BOUGHT AND PAID FOR!!!

THIS IS NOT ONLY NOT RIGHT, IT IS, PROBABLY. ALSO NOT LEGAL!

DOES ANYBODY KNOW THEIR PHONE NUMBER!!!

I have changed computers and do not have the registration key. Can anyone help with this?
    Last edited by SSanf; July 30th, 2005 at 10:59 PM.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Haiko, can you get in touch with them?

Sandra, relax. On the computer that WebMerge is still showing as registered (you still have that computer, right?) in the webmerge program directory (C:\Program Files\4W etc). you'll see a file with a .DAT extension. Again this is from your old computer that it's still working, copy the file to a disk or email it it to yourself. On the new computer, rename the .DAT file to whatever you want and put the .DAT file from your old computer there. It should work again.
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

Akiva, the old computer has a very hard time booting up. It takes six or seven attempts and I am not ever sure if it will, but I will go try to get it to turn on. Thank you

.... waiting at the ready... but Akiva's advice should work.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Still trying to get it to boot up. It is trying. Just a blank screen with an hour glass, so far.

Yellow dot keeps flashing like it is thinking but not at the desk top, yet.

Still, not at the desktop. It may get there. But, will it be in this lifetime is the question. Well, I am just pacing back and forth between the rooms and hoping it finishes what ever the heck is making the yellow light flash and that it finishes booting up.

I could just scream!

I want to know why the program that was woking fine a few hours ago is unregitered now!!!!

More to the point, I want to get the work I had planned done!

Who needs this bullroar?

I want an explaination!

This is no joking matter. This is how I earn my living!
    Last edited by SSanf; July 31st, 2005 at 12:19 AM.

Tool bar on the desk top is now showing!!!

Nothing else but, it might make the last boot up????

Fingers crossed.

It was bad, before, but not THAT bad! Seems like as soon as I got my files pretty much on this computer, it just gave up.

File markers on the desk top. No icons, yet.
    Last edited by SSanf; July 31st, 2005 at 12:35 AM.

Sandra, I think that you might have moved the WebMerge executable out of the directory with the registration key. This can happen when you move the program to your desktop... If you did, move it back and it should work fine.
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

It sounds like a file got corrupted. Have you emailed Richard for a replacement registration code? He's typically pretty quick about returning emails.

Edit:
    Sounds like what Akiva said might be the reason. Something else to consider, have you renamed the WM folder today?
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

I have two versions of webmerge. Both versions are telling me that I have an unregistered copy when I try to run them. I see a dat file and an executable file in one of them. I only see the executable file in the other.

The one with both files is the one I use most. But, neither works.

I am doing a search of my computer to see if the file is anywhere else.

I have not moved the program. I left it in the program file which I open and run it there. I did not put it anywhere but left it where it was when I got it.

I don't know about the other computer. I don't think it is going to make it.

The other computer has booted up enough that I could access it through the netwoork!

I am copying all the original webmerge2.2 folder into my new computer. It says it will take 18 minutes.

I hope it is in fact copying it because there is still no desktop in the other room.

In answer to your other question. I did not do anything in the webmerge folder except click on the executable file! Nothing. I did not move it. I did not rename it. All I did was open the program and try to make pages.

Says another 12 minutes.

9 minutes

It's going to be a long darned 18 minutes.

My search did not find any misplaced webmerge dat files.
    Last edited by SSanf; July 31st, 2005 at 01:27 AM.

Well, this version is working. I guess I have lost webmerge 4 since it was not on the other computer.

Thank you all for your help because I sure didn't know what to do. I thought they had turned my registration numbers off at webmerge or something.

So, I guess, I owe Richard an apology. I apologize. That is unless they turned off my registration numbers at webmerge or something.

Anyhow , I can get by, OK, with this.

Moderators, you can delete this thread if you want or leave it up.

I am just tired at this point and I still have to get a lot of work done.

I needed this like I need to be shot.

Thanks again. I never would have even tried the other computer or known to if it weren't for you all.

BTW, it finally booted up. I guess, I can turn it off, now.

it can tick you off when things screw-up.
    just try and stay calm my wicked witch
    hope you have it sorted now.
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Ssanf--

Now that you have a working version--Run the working copy. Click "Register" (it's under the "Help" dropdown). Your registration code is in there!! COPY IT DOWN somewhere.

Open the "nonregistered" one that you want to use. Click "Register" on it. Type the code in.

Should work...

BTW since you moved it to another computer, there is indeed a possibility that it was turned off at WebMerge Main as a "shared" registration...

BTW, it finally booted up. I guess, I can turn it off, now.
    Grab anything else off of it that you want first, if you haven't turned it off already...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

So they CAN turn off a registration!!!

Is that right???

Well, tell you what. I made not one single change in anything here, not one!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I remember Richard saying a few months ago that he'd put in some kind of anti-copying function and making some remarks that people had better register if they hadn't done...

I doubt I could find the thread now, though.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

My, my. That's interesting.

I have been using it on this computer several months which is "new" at my age. Yesterday, it turns off. Go figure.

Well, everyone knows my copy is bought and paid for!

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    So, I guess, I owe Richard an apology. I apologize.
    Accepted.

But from this and your last thread we see a trend which would be in your interest to change: You're quick to blame WebMerge for things it doesn't do.

It's not so much that this has been costly to support which takes time away from developing features people are asking for, or that it publicly denegrates a good product needlessly.

More important for you is that it simply isn't productive.

To solve problems you need to stay focused on finding the root cause. That you may not understand something and post a question is great -- that's how people learn, and that's how problems are diagnosed.

But to jump to conclusions about the cause of a problem before you even really understand the problem will likely yield an incorrect answer, which will not provide you with a solution. It will only consume your time and others', and make you frustrated, but will not achieve any productive outcome.

So far we're running two-for-two here. Please consider a more productive approach next time you need assistance with something on your system.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    I remember Richard saying a few months ago that he'd put in some kind of anti-copying function and making some remarks that people had better register if they hadn't done...

I doubt I could find the thread now, though.
    Most likely because it doesn't exist.

The only recommendation I make to people with regard to their reg codes is that they please keep them in a safe place in case they need them again in the future. If you're using Windows chances are sooner or later you'll reformat your drive. If you have your WebMerge reg code handy it'll enable you to just download the latest version, enter the reg code, and get back to work instantly.

I had already sent a second copy of SSanf's reg code to her on 19 December, and third this morning.

Hopefully she'll hold on to this latest copy.
    Richard Gaskin

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    it can tick you off when things screw-up.
    just try and stay calm
    Good advice. The all-bold posts in large type with profanities does little to engender a helpful reply.

What a delight to come back from a Saturday out of town visiting a friend to find this thread waiting for me.

Fortunately I'd had a good breakfast and not too much coffee, so I've tried to keep my replies here civil and productive. But it would certainly help to have more calm and reasonable posts like yours, Neil. Thanks.
    Richard Gaskin

The registration number you sent me is different than the one in the copy on my old computer. I attribute that to possibly having something to do with the upgrade but I find it strange.

You have not in any way explained what could make my copy suddenly stop working.

You have manuvered around the intent of the post Leader made.

So, here it is directly. Can you or can't you turn off someone's copy of Webmerge on your end? Yes or no?

And, I AM NOT quick to blame webmerge. You even admitted that Webmerge, in fact, does NOT output what you type into excel cvs spreadsheets, a very commonly used program. It outputs code other than what the end user types in. It outputs code that has been altered from what has been typed in and the general end user will not know that the code has been altered from what they type into the field. Whose fault is that? Mine? If it won't work with other programs commonly used by many, many people, you need to let that be known. You didn't. Whose fault is that? Mine?

I suggest an e-mail to the people who have bought Webmerge explaining this limitation could be in order since no one hangs around and reads every post made in this forum.
    Last edited by SSanf; July 31st, 2005 at 04:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast