"you be charging 200.00 plus the 25% to all comers"

And what mob town are you from, Mike?

25% is a deep rake.

ABW Ambassador
    Considering for this to work for an affiliate, they already need traffic or they have to buy traffic, i think 25% is more than fair. Affiliates get access to this great tool, GoldenCan gets access to 25% worth of clicks. Like i said both parties benefit. My site is for shoppers not for advertising affiliate tools for free.

"The app deserves the link for recruiting merchants and affiliates."

That's what paying for announcements and opening forums are for. My site is not for affiliate recruitment.

I have been watching this tread as it has developed...

it is obvious Mike is in love... but the fact remains that golden can is gettting 25% of the clicks and a link back to their site....

I dont think so not on my sites....

Joe

BTW>>> MIke, my datafeed sites out perform my static sites 3:1 that's why i have them.....
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Overstock only gives out coupons to give the couponers spam food.
    Real, limited-time-offer coupons aren't good spam food at all. They usually expire before they even have a chance to get rank! One of the biggest groaners is to get a wonderful SE rank...for a coupon that died the day before. Lots of traffic comes to any good rank, but it just goes away sad when the people find a dead coupon on the other side of the listing.

In fact, an autoupdating coupon display would be a great use of GoldenCan. No real need for spiderability on offers that won't even be active for a week--a legit coupon site already would be constantly telling its users to bookmark it in order to keep up with the ever-changing offers.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    OS creates limited DRM coupon update creatives for those without couponer sites. The tens of thousand of coupon sites do a good or poor job at keeping coupons updated on their pages. Most are just content with SERP results to set cookies regardless if they're outdate. Current Coupons are all over 180Solutions & other BHO popups as browser spam. The others show up on mass e-mailings with no need for SERPs.

Golden Can does keep the coupons and deals current for an ever growing selection of merchants and the hidden benefit is the shoppers aren't duped or party to a hidden cookie swap.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Since Shawn got kicked upstairs, no one at OS wears a sales managers cap who's involved in a AM role Therefore even their ABW forum seldom ever sees a OS employee post. ...
    For someone who claims to hardly make any sales with OS, you sure have a lot to say about them. ;-)
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

Quote Originally Posted by infoTim
    For someone who claims to hardly make any sales with OS, you sure have a lot to say about them. ;-)
    When ABW first started I invited (more like demanded) 2 merchants on 2 networks suffering from lack of reporting trust and dieing programs. Prodding both to manage an independent sales force with focused landing pages and better variety of creatives, conversion ratios would draw value-add affiliates like magnets. It showed those companies and the employee AM's they could whoop ass on the larger major merchant AM firms wearing the WWW advertising caps. It worked like a charm to verify any BF or LS merchnat taking 100% responsibility to test purchase links and build focused high conversion landing pages could bury the competition, while increasing the ROI of their affiliate investments.

Then the "more is better" greed approach set in and turned both into also rans. It is not my job to convert very focused targeted traffic to OS. That's there job and they're getting more and more exposure and reliance upon cookie tricksters. I no longer trust their batch reporting or desire to test purchase and assume responsibility for publishing their network wide conversion ratio. They're being played and react by smoozing only with the playas, distancing themselves from ABWers towards the guaranteed cookie cannons.

Read the old OS posts and watch the transitions in their pro-affiliate best practices games. They're such a good customer servicing operation they could sever all ties with non value-add affiliates and just rely upon inhouse selling into a loyal customer base. One AM could easily do that wearing a Sales Managers cap.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Asif can you revise the Overstock category hand bags and accessories. Seems they changed this to 2 different subcategories. They have hundreds of choices in each yet GC only shows one pair of sunglasses and no hand bags.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Asif can you revise the Overstock category hand bags and accessories. Seems they changed this to 2 different subcategories. They have hundreds of choices in each yet GC only shows one pair of sunglasses and no hand bags.
    Mike, I am checking into this and will be back soon.
    Thanks
    Asif

I'd hate for Ms.B to not raze me over not having 400.00 sales of pink leather purses... LOL.

I see the handbags catetory now shows the full variety of selections. Now go figure out what's choking the displays of mens jewelry subcategories.. or tell me to back off as one demanding butthole.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread