Can u block one SE and have Dup sites?
    This is just something that I was wondering about the other day and have no plans to do, so please no body yell at me.

Is it possible to make a site, optimize it for, say, doogle, and then deny access to all other SE's?

Then make another site, optimize it for a different SE, like yayhoo, and deny access to any other se.

Kinda like having the same website, with different domain names but with each one only geared toward one main search engine.

I'm guessing you are going to tell me that eventually the SE will find the others and penalize you for DUPs?

The Thin White Duke PreacherMan's Avatar
    No reason why it shouldn't work, that's if the search engines are correctly following the robots.txt protocol. But who's to say that they do.
    Keep on learning, keep on earning. :fan:

Blackhat seo technique similar to this is using the htacces to show different versions of your website to different visitors. I.e. big g gets one version yahoo gets another and regular surfers get another.

People also do this legitamitely to serve up different pages based on country of origin.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

So, the answer to your question is...Yes you can.

But, there are very few reasons as to why you might actually want to do this. (I know you were just asking though).

It is possible though.
    <a href="http://www.adworkz.com/">Adworkz</a>
    Professional PPC Management and SEO Services
    www.adworkz.com

I had been trying to think of ways to combat the problem of having all of my eggs in one basket. I wondered about multiple sites for each major search engine using PPC from each one.

With the type of site that I presently have (the one and only) this type of thing is not feasable.

Would be interesting though, to see how something like that would pan out. Seems like it would be more like one of those quick money things and not long term.

Does anyone know of a good resource that points to the differences in optimizing for google and optimizing for yahoo, etc.? Does different optimization really work? It seems many can't figure out why they get picked up by one, but not the other. I know I can't. I try to do essentially the same thing when making different sites, but always seem to have different search engines dominating my referals on different sites.

Yea, there are different techniques for optimizing for individual search engines. A good SEO company can make this happen for you, because different search engines are looking for different things.

Once your site is properly optimized, you will start to see a dramatic increase in natural search engine rankings = more free traffic.
    <a href="http://www.adworkz.com/">Adworkz</a>
    Professional PPC Management and SEO Services
    www.adworkz.com

Marketing Mistress Lectrickitty's Avatar
    If a SEO company can make it happen, why can't we each make it happen on our own sites? Are the different techniques for optimizing for individual search engines highly guarded secrets?
    [color=blue]"Those who give up their freedom for a little security deserve neither freedom nor security" - Benjamin Franklin[/color]

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread