Asif,

There must be something wrong with the "Elisabeth CJ" links.

Yesterday I click on their products link on two different times and on two different products but...

First, I don't get any cookie from CJ, I got a cookie from befree on both occasions.

Second, the two product links that I chose to click at random, they wind up at an Out of stock page.

So since they're a [ 45 day(s) = 1 time(s) = 6.00% ] merchant, I decided not to have an Elisabeth store for now, so I deleted that store from my list.

I didn't make this post to complain about anything, I like what I see and I like what GoldenCAN can do for us.

I just made this post in case others with an Elisabeth CJ store in GoldenCAN decide to check their links to see if they too, get a bfast cookie.

Sal.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    Asif,

There must be something wrong with the "Elisabeth CJ" links.

Yesterday I click on their products link on two different times and on two different products but...

First, I don't get any cookie from CJ, I got a cookie from befree on both occasions.

Second, the two product links that I chose to click at random, they wind up at an Out of stock page.

So since they're a [ 45 day(s) = 1 time(s) = 6.00% ] merchant, I decided not to have an Elisabeth store for now, so I deleted that store from my list.

I didn't make this post to complain about anything, I like what I see and I like what GoldenCAN can do for us.

I just made this post in case others with an Elisabeth CJ store in GoldenCAN decide to check their links to see if they too, get a bfast cookie.

Sal.
    Dear Sal,
    Thank you for letting me know about the problem. I see all products were comming as "Not In Stock" and links were not working properly for Elisabeth.

We have changed the Elisabeth from CJ to BeFree. Please create the store and coupon integration for Elisabeth again by using your BeFree ID and your links should work fine now.

One again, I thank you very much for letting me know about this problem and I am really sorry for the problem.

Thanks
    Asif
    http://www.GoldenCAN.com

Shoedini links in search results
    If anybody has Shoedini links in their Goldencan setup, try clicking on some links from Goldencan search results (a search for "J Renee" should pull several Shoedini results) to see if the clicks show up in CJ reports.

For some reason none of these clicks is appearing in CJ reports, though it does appear that the proper PID's are being passed in 3 out of 4 clicks. I have been doing test clicks for the past four days through several different PID's and so far not one Shoedini click has appeared in CJ reports.

ABW Ambassador
    Will try clicking on some, see what happens.

I have being trying out the OnlyNaturalPet CAN store and in cj's reporting I am not getting impressions or click reports yet...hmmm it has only been 24 hours. I'll report back tomorrow if the clicks show in cj.
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

My best guess is that Goldencan may have something out of sync with some of the links; a missing or extraneous character or something. The PID's are switching properly, and showing up in the destination URL's.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    If anybody has Shoedini links in their Goldencan setup, try clicking on some links from Goldencan search results (a search for "J Renee" should pull several Shoedini results) to see if the clicks show up in CJ reports.

For some reason none of these clicks is appearing in CJ reports, though it does appear that the proper PID's are being passed in 3 out of 4 clicks. I have been doing test clicks for the past four days through several different PID's and so far not one Shoedini click has appeared in CJ reports.
    Chocolate_Chicken,
    I thank you very much for letting me know about the problem. I was on it the moment i saw your message. I contacted Dan the Affiliate Manager at Shoedini.com and this is the response I got back from him.

The issue with the GoldenCAN links for Shoedini.com is not a result of using the GoldenCAN service. The Data Feed that GoldenCAN receives to generate the links for Shoedini had a glitch in its own code. This issue lies on the shoulders of Shoedini.com and the problem has now been fixed. I apologize for the inconvenience and for any trouble this may have caused.

-Dan

Thanks
    Asif
    http://www.GoldenCAN.com

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursal
    I have being trying out the OnlyNaturalPet CAN store and in cj's reporting I am not getting impressions or click reports yet...hmmm it has only been 24 hours. I'll report back tomorrow if the clicks show in cj.
    Please note CJ or any network will not report the impressions of products. Your Affiliate ID is only being passed to the URL when a user clicks on a link.
    So you will only see the clicks reports on CJ or any other network.
    You can see the page views in GoldenCAN

Thanks
    Asif

Asif,

I found a problem with softsurroundings

I clicked on about 5 different products and while they all land on the site with this code: softsurroundings.com/detail.php?parentid=XXXXX&aid=cj (I put those X there now to post)

All five times I got a page with the "Item was not found" and there was no other product listed on that page.

So I just deleted the softsurroundings store from my list until I see something get fixed with their products feed.

Sal.

Well, well, well......

I just come from CJ and 4 of those clicks show up on my account, so I guess it's their out of stock thing that is not reflected on the datafeed. I thought that when GoldenCAN receive the feed from CJ, the feed would be updated.

But what I didn't like was that none of those five products were available when I check those links and also that they didn't have any other product listed there.

So now that I know that their links track, I will going to make another softsurroundings store again soon.

On a better note, almost all of my other stores tracked on CJ three hours later but, at least now I now that tracking is not affected with those stores.

I'm just waiting for FootSmart and ShoppersChoice to show up sometime this morning on CJ today and I will be a happy camper again.

Sal.

I've tested Footsmart and ShoppersChoice. No problems.

I've tested Footsmart and ShoppersChoice. No problems.
    Thanks,

I know that ShoppersChoice tracked the other day, but those two have not show up today yet, I guess it's the speed on which CJ is traveling lately.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Asif,

I found a problem with softsurroundings

I clicked on about 5 different products and while they all land on the site with this code: softsurroundings.com/detail.php?parentid=XXXXX&aid=cj (I put those X there now to post)

All five times I got a page with the "Item was not found" and there was no other product listed on that page.

So I just deleted the softsurroundings store from my list until I see something get fixed with their products feed.

Sal.
    Can you please email me the GoldenCAN Page or URL of the product where you have seen the problem so i can do some research?

Thanks
    Asif

This is very strange, I had copied four of those links on notepad before I deleted the store and now before I was going to email you those links, I put them in the browser and now all four show up with the products displayed.

So if they have not updated their feed in the last five hours, then all I can think of is, that there were provably a glitch somewhere about 6 AM today.

When I make the store again later today, or tomorow, I will check those links again.

Sal.

Mr. GoldenCan
    This is very strange, I had copied four of those links on notepad before I deleted the store and now before I was going to email you those links, I put them in the browser and now all four show up with the products displayed.

So if they have not updated their feed in the last five hours, then all I can think of is, that there were provably a glitch somewhere about 6 AM today.

When I make the store again later today, or tomorow, I will check those links again.

Sal.
    May be at that time their website was having some problems and it was showing item not in stock. As soon as i saw your message i checked and find that all links work properly.

Thanks
    Asif

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCAN
    May be at that time their website was having some problems and it was showing item not in stock. As soon as i saw your message i checked and find that all links work properly.

Thanks
    Asif
    Ok Asif,

I just went and put it back again, this time it work fine.

Also, I went to CJ and every store tracked, so now I won't bother you no more until I make my first sale with any of my stores.

Sal.

All stores are tracking and even making sales

Thanks for the payment/click clarification using GoldenCAN.

I'll keep thios thread bookmarked until I see you open a forum here at ABW...and if not here please let us know where your forum is.

Thanks,
    --Brian

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursal
    I too think this would good to do, or remove the link altogether (my choice )

This is what webmerge went through also, I think. But then the option to either let the link stay or be removed was given to the user and not just forced to be there.
    Absolutely. The "Built with WebMerge" link is only there on the limited free version, but once you become a customer our goal is to make sure you have total control over the layout of your pages, and WebMerge touches nothing you don't want and adds nothing you didn't ask for.

FWIW, one of the concerns people raised about this identity issue (which includes the GENERATOR meta tag, which WebMerge also doesn't write when registered) is a fear that being able to identify a site with an element used with some consistency at datafeed-driven sites could enable SEs like Google to track them easily, and perhaps penalize them.

We've seen no evidence that Google uses anything from WebMerge to penalize (there's nothing in the page to suggest what tool it was made from), and given that BMI Music Publishing, Discovery Channel, Macworld Magazine, and even the US Library of Congress use WebMerge to publish portions of their sites it would be a bad move for Google if they ever tried.

Nonetheless, we responded rapidly to the request and issue an update as soon as the first customer requested it a couple years ago, and we've had no customer complaints on that since, just lots of nice emails about good SERPs and that WebMerge is priced too low.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

Well I sure hope others have set up separate PID's to track their Goldencan links.

Has anybody seen any clicks through Goldencan to InstrumentPro show up today?

Retesting Natural pet store, gave it 4 clicks myself. Still looking for this to show up in CJ reporting for clicks. The banners used (i.e petcarecentral) are showing impressions, but with the amount targeted traffic coming through there should be some clicks.

Will update when I know.

@ Chocolate_Chicken Please let us know how that goes..give yourself a few test clicks. I too have been looking to use InstrumentPro and would like to know how the "CAN" is doing with that merchant.

Some clicks showed up in reports eventually, but it wasn't until after several CJ click stat updates. So I don't know if the clicks that did show up were mine or not. If they were, then CJ was behind by 4+ hours even while stats were updating every 90 minutes or so.

Just updating my testing

Retesting Natural pet store, gave it 4 clicks myself. Still looking for this to show up in CJ reporting for clicks. The banners used (i.e petcarecentral) are showing impressions, but with the amount targeted traffic coming through there should be some clicks.
    Ok testing worked. Tracking in CJ is all good

Thumbs up GCan appears to be working!
    I'm pretty sure that I made my first sales through GoldenCan this weekend. How do I know?... well because of a breakdown with one of my merchant's Product Showcase Creator I had to do some serious damage control and I replaced their PSC codes with GC's feeds as none of the products were displaying on my highest traffic pages. Therefore, I feel the only source these transactions could have come from would be through GC's feeds. I guess I can safely say that it works, and a big thanks to Asif for providing us with this wonderful tool . Of course now the merchant's PSC is working again, but I'm inclined just to leave my pages as they are right now, as I couldn't face having to go through this weekend's hassle again.

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread