ABW Ambassador
    Ok thanks.

Not a major deal but at the end of a product search it shows as
    Powered by GoldenCAN Search Integration???
    I think TM is supposed to go where the ??? are.

"Chicken ... kicking around the Can???? "

You know which end usually gets kicked

Here's a beef: The 100% non-commissionable "Powered by..." link is inappropriate. GC is raking 25% as it is; the "Powered...." link is really pushing it.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't like the powered by link either. Is that going to be permanent or can that go away? Thanks.

Marketing Mistress Lectrickitty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCAN

Sorry, currently there is no plan to remove the "Powered by GoldenCAN" link.

http://www.GoldenCAN.com

Can it be limited to just once at the bottom of the last link on a page. I looked at a page using several links and that line is splattered all over the place. It makes the page look like several pages pasted together (sloppy looking). If you want to see an example, ask and I'll email you a link to see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Lectrickitty
    Can it be limited to just once at the bottom of the last link on a page. I looked at a page using several links and that line is splattered all over the place. It makes the page look like several pages pasted together (sloppy looking). If you want to see an example, ask and I'll email you a link to see what I mean.
    I too think this would good to do, or remove the link altogether (my choice )

This is what webmerge went through also, I think. But then the option to either let the link stay or be removed was given to the user and not just forced to be there.

Would be nice to remove the link and believe it will be as this app get the attention it surly is due.

@ Asif thank you for you quick reply and support yesterday. Looking forward to using your app on many sites
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

Internet Cowboy
    I never realized the link at the bottom. I have only played with GC a few times.

Asif, if you are going to give this away for free you have every right to leave a hardcoded link on every page. If you are selling it (which you basically are, either to a merchant as in the STP scenario, or by charging 25% of clicks) it is really in bad taste to insist on this link.
    WebMerge gives you the option of leaving his link on it or removing it and that program is only $99. GoldenCan will cost a successful affiliate a lot more than $99 over a period of a few years.
    My opinion of course. The added benefit to you from more affiliates using it would most likely outweigh the benefit of the link that is seen only by people shopping for widgets, people that could care less about web store integration.

To be quite frank it doesn't bother me that Asif has the "powered by..." line at the end of the script, and I don't think your average shopper would click on it anyway as they are probably not interested in WHO is powering what - all they are interested in is what they can buy. I'm sure Asif has worked damn hard to develop GoldenCan and has put at our disposal an affiliate tool which requires very little work from our end. So what if he gets 25% of the clicks? Don't you think he deserves at least that much considering that he is giving it away for FREE? I'm sure nobody has a gun pointed to their head to sign up, so those who are not happy with GoldenCan should just not participate - it's as simple as that. It's so typical of a lot of folks... give them a finger and they want the whole hand. :

Mike maybe this post will take the heat off you a bit

Agreed with what TrustNo1 said

removed "powered by"
    - the site look more professional
    - less confusion to site shoppers
    - increase the authority of the site who use the tool
    - the selling site is for consumers only and to make a sale
    - shopping site is not for affiliate/merchant recruitment

the same priniciple apply to many merchants
    made the mistake to advertise their "earn big commission by joining our affiliate program" prominently on the front page.

If not remove the words,
    still better consider using a tiny font/ an unreadable color instead. Webmasters are trained to look for that tiny thing.

If my site's target audiences are affiliates/merchants.
    i do not mind "powered by" included.

Also i would like to add the feature to
    adjust the font size of the display text too

25% traffic share
    In the long run, consider lowering it
    Last edited by Vrindavan; July 8th, 2005 at 10:40 PM.

Mr. GoldenCan
    "Powered By GoldenCAN" link has been removed.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=63372

Thanks
    Asif
    http://www.GoldenCAN.com

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread