ABW Ambassador
    Had an affiliate id question. I want to try the product search box on one of my sites with all the merchants available.

I know with CJ i have 1 id, Linkshare 1 id, Amazon 1 id but with BeFree each merchant has their own?

And which one do i put down is it: bfmid or siteid

Also when signing up it asks for a site. If i want to use this with other sites do i need to add them and if so where? Or can i just create a new store and put it on another site?

Thanks

Probably will have lots more questions next week.

Mr. GoldenCan
    For BeFree you will use siteid
    You can find more info on this page.
    http://www.goldencan.com/help/befree.aspx

When you login first time or when you click on update info, GoldenCAN system asks you for site URL, which is for reference only.

If you click on Affiliate Ids
    http://www.goldencan.com/Manage/MyAffIDs.aspx

You can update your affiliate ids for different networks, but when you create a store, search or coupon for multiple merchants you have the ability to add each id separately.

Thanks
    Asif
    http://www.GoldenCAN.com

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    If i want to use this with other sites do i need to add them and if so where? Or can i just create a new store and put it on another site?
    You do not need to create a seperate account at GoldenCAN. you can create as many store as you like and use them on multiple sites.

Thanks
    Asif
    Last edited by GoldenCAN; July 1st, 2005 at 07:20 PM. Reason: spellings

ABW Ambassador
    On this page:
    http://www.goldencan.com/Manage/MyAffIDs.aspx

It has BeFree Site ID: with one field. I think each merchant has their own ID. Not the same as LS or CJ or Amazon. Or am i wrong? I checked a few different BF merchants and they seem to be different, let me check again.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Eash BeFree Merchant has their own bfmid
    You do not need bfmid, you need siteid

Asif

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah i get different ids for BF

I'm looking at siteid, i'm going thru my site and hovering my mouse and siteid is different for a lot of merchants.

ABW Ambassador
    Example

I go to my baby page and hover my mouse over text links to these merchants home page

babyuniverse
    babyage
    babycenter

and after siteid= they are different from each other

edit checked my BF jewelry merchants same as above, all different after siteid=

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    A while back BF starting issuing the same siteid for all merchants on new accounts. So on the newer accounts, there will be only one site id.

However, for folks who have been with BF for a good while they will have a different siteid for each Merchant.

It just depends on when the aff joined BF or the Merchant program.

ABW Ambassador
    Well that sucks, i got a bunch of them, i just want one id

Mr. GoldenCan
    In Befree when you add your different sites you get a different siteid for each site.

Please make sure to use the proper siteid for each merchant or you will not be able to get any affiliate comission.

Thanks
    Asif

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    If I choose each GoldenCan merchant seperately, and take the time to verify and place the proper affiliate ID code, and save the profile, will GC remember my ID# ( I'm a older multiple ID# BF affiliate) on subsequent script code builds? My plan is to initially showcase individual GoldenCan merchants on themed cybermall category pages with regular network static links to alternate trusted merchants. Then phase 2 is to combine several GC merchants, as your list grows. who compete on price-product and service to those same pages. Basically this would require combining several GC merchants into one general shopping category script. The shopper is looking for kids clothes. I'd like to take and make one GC showcase on a specific children's clothing page showing products and daily deals/coupons from multiple competing merchants. Focusing and adding value to every clickthrough.

If a specific GC category merchant shows zip conversions on increased clicks I can easily drop them from the GC script by deselecting that merchant from the multi merchant GC display offering the remaining category merchants more clicks.

Currently it looks like the search box is tied to either specific merchant's feeds, or ALL merchants on my GC merchant list if I use a general search box. I love to have my kids clothing landing page search box have X,Y & Z merchants products display results. If shopper prefers merchant Z they click on a merchant z product, or the Merchant Z text link under the 3 merchant search box getting only Merchant Z product results and default Merchant Z search box on top of the resulting page display. I'm thinking multi-merchant shopping cart e-catalog personalized automatically by shopper's drill down choices. Top of every GC page displayed can be ALL my chosen GC merchant search box. Both me and the shopper are in control before leaving my site to buy something.

Phase2- I select a standard GC shopping category. My merchant selection list is displayed allowing me to check mark those GC merchants who will be included in the generated script. All my network tracking ID#s are passed to the script based upon prior saved individual merchant profiles.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    If I choose each GoldenCan merchant seperately, and take the time to verify and place the proper affiliate ID code, and save the profile, will GC remember my ID# ( I'm a older multiple ID# BF affiliate) on subsequent script code builds?
    When you create a store at GoldenCAN for any merchant, you have the ability to enter the affiliate id for that particular merchant. Each store settings along with the affiliate id, color code and other settings is stored on GoldenCAN so you do not have to remember any of those settings again. If you decide to change any affiliate id for any specific store or merchant you can do it any time.

Right now you have the ability to store your affiliate id on network level or Store level.

We are working on a feature where user will have to activate each merchant carefully after making sure that they are approved for that merchant. At that point user will have the ability to add the affiliate id for that merchant and store it on merchant level.

If a specific GC category merchant shows zip conversions on increased clicks I can easily drop them from the GC script by deselecting that merchant from the multi merchant GC display offering the remaining category merchants more clicks.
    When you craete a store for multiple merchants you have the ability to add or delete any merchant any time you like.

Currently it looks like the search box is tied to either specific merchant's feeds, or ALL merchants on my GC merchant list if I use a general search box. I love to have my kids clothing landing page search box have X,Y & Z merchants products display results.
    When you create a search integration solution for multiple merchants you can select one or many merchants, as you like.

If shopper prefers merchant Z they click on a merchant z product, or the Merchant Z text link under the 3 merchant search box getting only Merchant Z product results and default Merchant Z search box on top of the resulting page display. I'm thinking multi-merchant shopping cart e-catalog personalized automatically by shopper's drill down choices. Top of every GC page displayed can be ALL my chosen GC merchant search box. Both me and the shopper are in control before leaving my site to buy something.
    We are working on some more rich shopping experience features in search integration. Stay Tuned...

Thanks
    Asif

From the Goldencan "Managing Affiliate ID's" page:

Amazon Associate ID: How to get one?
    CJ Publisher ID: How to get one?
    BeFree Site ID: How to get one?
    Linkshare ID: eg. e5zyQzKg/F4
    (Linkshare ID is case sensitive )
    Click here to see how to get your Linkshare ID
    OK - individual CJ, Linkshare, and Amazon ID's can be used across the board.

But with BeFree, there is no universal ID number that works across all merchants for one affiliate; a different number is issued for each merchant's links even if all for the same affiliate site.

Chicken ... kicking around the Can????

WOWSERS!!!!!!

NJOY!!!!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    Chocolate Chicken, i brought up the same question page 3 of this thread.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    From the Goldencan "Managing Affiliate ID's" page:

OK - individual CJ, Linkshare, and Amazon ID's can be used across the board.

But with BeFree, there is no universal ID number that works across all merchants for one affiliate; a different number is issued for each merchant's links even if all for the same affiliate site.
    When you login to your BeFree account, click on the link “My Sites” from Left Navigation.
    On this page you will see a list of all your websites.
    If you click on any of your web site you will see a link which has SiteID at the end something like this.

http://affiliates.befree.com/S11111111|11111111/Affiliates/affiliateSiteMerchantRelationshipEdit.do?siteID=123456789

The last part of this URL is your site id. If you apply for multiple merchants for this site id your site id will stay same for all merchants.

GoldenCAN “Affiliate Ids” page is only used as a help for users to store their network ids.

As example let’s say your BeFree SiteID is 123456789. You can store this site ID on “My Affiliate Ids” page at GoldenCAN if you like, but you don’t have to. It is not required.

Now when you create a store for a BeFree Merchant this site ID will be inserted for you, just to make the work easy. If you have a different SiteID for this merchant you can change it.

This is the default message displayed at that time on GoldenCAN

“Your default BeFree Site ID has been entered in the Site ID field for you. If you like to use a different Site ID you can change it now.”

I hope I was able to answer the question correctly. If I miss something please let me know and I will do my best to answer the question or make changes to GoldenCAN as needed.

If BeFree site id is creating problem on "My Affiliate Ids" page. I can remove it.
    What is everyone else's openion? I just want to make things easier.

Thanks
    Asif

17. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread