ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    As a valued Commission Junction publisher, we wanted to alert you to a change in status of your December transactions for Fingerhut. The transactions that were previously locked will be extended for further review and payment authorization. Previously extended transactions from November will be paid during the January 20th payment.

Ok so what does "Locked" actually mean? I thought it meant the transactions were completed and the merchant paid. If CJ was paid, then who is getting the money?

ABW Ambassador
    I wonder if the merchant has the right to 'challenge' transactions even after they are locked...With the turn of events at fingerhut, I can see them putting a challenge to everything to keep from paying, or perhaps something is in the works with bankrupt proceedings (if they are filing). In answer to your question, I thought that a locked transaction was just that, and there was no need to worry from that point...

Tom Pyles

ABW Ambassador
    From CJ:

quote:
    A locked transaction is one that can only be modified by Commission Junction. Once a transaction is locked, its commissions will be processed in the next publisher payment period.

The email is from CJ, and apparently only CJ could change a locked transaction.

To me it looks like CJ is trying to hold our money. Maybe (speculating) CJ is making sure it gets its fees first, or maybe they want to make sure some other, more important, affiliates get their cash before FH goes under.

I don't know, but all I can do is speculate right now since the email was so vague. Whatever the reason, this is all CJ's doing as far as I can see.

ABW Ambassador
    aw, crappppp... I only had two sales in December (and one of those reversed), but if December is already getting extended, my January is going to suck...

(wishing the replacement merchant would hurry up with that approval and now taking Leader's words -- don't promote without a backup merchant -- to heart)

My guess is CJ allows FingerHut credit and right now they don't have enough to credit all the affiliates. Same thing happened with Jackpot.com. So with all the info about them closing down CJ isn't going to pay until they get theirs. Just another reason why the affiliates should be informed as to who has a balance and who they are extending credit to. Time to yank them from the site.

Fingerhut is shutting down or being disposed off.. there's an article here from their parent company.

There's also a Happy Fun Slander Corner thread at F*ckedcompany here.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Cedric, I had actually said in a thread about some merchant (forgot which merchant or what thread), to start looking for backup merchants because I figured the merchant in question was ready to die. It was then paraphrased into "don't promote without a backup merchant" in that same thread by another poster (Webmistress, I think it was).

Although it's true that when it's possible to find a backup, it is a good idea to have them in the account already, certain categories only HAVE one merchant, or only have one worth bothering with. Not all of those categories should be ignored...

Just thought I'd clarify that. There's quite a few exceptions to the "always have a backup" rule...

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread