ABW Ambassador
    Question Coupon Datafeed Issues
    Hello,

I recently requested some fixs for the Coupon Datafeed which included been able to select all available coupons instead of selecting each one manually which was very tedious.

I was happy to receive a response from Brian quickly and the features I requested were added which was great.

Recently when using the feed I then noticed that I could only download a maximum of 250 records and this would mean some merchants coupons would be missing. So I sent another email to Sharesale on the 27th of July but received no reply

Copy of email below:
    ------------------------------------
    Hello Brian,

This works great but there is a problem, there is a limit of 250 coupons and it doesn't let me have any more. Can you please make the limit higher so I can retrieve all coupons from the merchants.

Otherwise this is ideal and its a very quick and easy to download the coupons.
    -----------------------

I never received a response this time.

So a couple of days ago I then downloaded the feed again but noticed something else wrong, the datafeed I download is exactly the same as the last one I downloaded a week ago but I also noticed it has outdated coupons etc.

So I sent another email:

---------------------------------------------
    Hello Brian,

I recently sent the following email to you but I never received a reply from you? This was regarding the limit of 250 coupons.

Since then I have now noticed that this datafeed is not updated. I downloaded a new copy of the feed just before and its exactly the same as the last one which was about 6 days ago when I downloaded it last. It also shows outdated coupons etc.

Could you please let me know what your thoughts are on this and what you can do.

It was looking to be a great solution and I hope it can still be but it needs some testing by the developers.

I look forward to hearing back from you,
    ----------------------------------------

But nothing, no reply and no changes which just makes me feel very disappointed as I really was impressed how quickly my requests were responded to and then suddenly I fell like i have been totally ignored now? Are my emails been ignored because:

1. you don't know how to fix the coupon datafeed problems or you are just to busy (can we have a date or details), or

2. for some other reason (please provide details)?

gary

www.DiscountSaver.net - Coupons, Deals, Discounts

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Gary,

I was gone all weekend at Andy's Conference in Miami...

I downloaded the feed myself today and it had all the new coupons... the old coupons will be in there if you download it, so that you can match them up and note expiration dates or any changes. In the script on your side if you wish, you can just filter out anything that is past the expiration date. The alternate Deals Database RSS feed also provides full coupon information in .XML

Feed max size has been increased.

Sorry you didn't get a response back as soon as you had hoped, but I was out of the office as I said and have just been getting through all the emails.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

ABW Ambassador
    Ok thanks Brian, thats a lot better but after i delete all the records that are past expiration date (288 in total) I'm left with 212 records. I noticed there is a max of 500 now, will I have all the latest records or would I have missed out on some that never made the 500 max?

thanks gary

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Gary,

It is ordered by PublishDate so you would have all of the newest coupons...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

ABW Ambassador
    ok thanks, thats good now and I appreciate the support.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread