PPC Bidding Software
    Does anybody know of a PPC bidding software that will monitor and change your bids according to a set of rules? Let me explain:

I have a client that services primarily businesses. He does a bunch of advertising in Overture and Google but his costs are through the roof. Something like $25 per lead and $150 per client. Which he is fine with because he is selling a software product for about $5k each.

However, as I am going through his leads to see which ones were worthless and which ones convert, an obvious and expected pattern emerged. Leads during business hours convert at 80%, leads outside of business hours at 10%. So I want to modify his PPC spend to specific day parts, but neither Overture nor Google do it.

And hey, I like the guy, but getting up every morning at 6:00 am to change his bids and then stop what I am doing at 9:00 pm to change his bids would be a pain.

So the question is, does anybody know of a software that lets you schedule bid changes on Overture and Google.
    Chris Mayr
    When amassed, even dust can become a mountain.

There is a finite amount of intelligence but an infinite amount of stupidity in the universe

I've seen web services that do this... can't remember where though

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Not sure about which software/service to use, but if you scroll down on this page, he's got a list of links to tools that are approved by Overture; maybe one of them will help:

http://www.search-marketing.info/sea...obid-tools.htm

an obvious and expected pattern emerged. Leads during business hours convert at 80%, leads outside of business hours at 10%.
    You expected that?? To me, that's very strange! What's the point of shopping online if you're going to do it during "normal" business hours?! Part of the beauty of the Net is that it doesn't close...

he is selling a software product for about $5k each.
    Maybe a 24/7 sales/help line is in order.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Google and Overture both have APIs that allow you to make changes in an automated way. You can build something yourself if you can't find a commercial solution.

You may also want to track conversions on a keyword basis. The account as a whole may convert 5% (for example), but you might have some keywords that convert at 30% and others that convert at 1%. You might be overbidding big time on some keywords and underbidding on others.
    Last edited by MichaelColey; August 2nd, 2005 at 10:42 AM.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I'd check out www.keywordmax.com. They probably have exactly what you're looking for. Their prices are a little high, but they may be the only option available. I'm not sure.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

thank you for the info...

sorry I wasn't clear. 95% of my client's business is from businesses and charities. He doesn't sell to the general public so the reality is that he does business during normal business hours. If he were selling Computer parts, I would expect that it would be different, but he is selling a business-to-business application.

We do track by keyword, source and time stamp to determine effectiveness in both a lead generated and a client purchased. In fact, we have an roi analysis that tracks a client's lifecycle against an original spend. So a client pays him $500 a month for 2 years, plus a $5k initial purchase, he knows that the spend for that month and source and keyword netted him $17,000 for a $x spend yielding an roi percentage.

Since we have such granular data and 4 years worth of data points, I can do some pretty cool stuff on the targeting to get him even greater returns, but the software would be the best tool for me. I wish I could build an app into Overture and Google, but I don't have the time or probably skill, and my client is slammed with programming jobs as it is, hence the straight purchase that I was hoping for.
    Chris Mayr

There is a finite amount of intelligence but an infinite amount of stupidity in the universe

ABW Ambassador
    What is the clients monthly spend for PPC ?

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Client software (you download and run on your server)
    BidBuddy
    BidRank
    PPC Pro
    PPC Bid Tracker
    Dynamic Keyword Bid Optimizer (I think... that one's a mouthful)

ASP based solution (you log in)
    Atlas One Point (formerly GoToast)
    Maestro (Kevin Lee - he's smart)
    Keyword Max (has other tracking tools that you'll want...)
    Epic Sky (I have never seen it - only heard the name from a spook - think it only works with Yahoo)

Most of these have time of day controls as well as comp jamming and more.

the spend is about $2k a month between both Google and Overture (yahoo, whatever you want to call it)
    Chris Mayr

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread