Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Talking 0 Clicks, 5 Sales, $7,500 Gross Sales For One Day
    Im not complaining but I would rather have sent you clicks first. Hmmm. Sounds like more of the same BS. A reporting delay at CJ corresponds with me getting exorbitant commisions for one day and ABSOLUTELY ZERO the other 353 days out of 365. This has been going on for 4 years.If there were no parasites stealing my commissions I would be earning from one merchant over 72K annually in commish and $2,737,500 in gross sales,based on these erroneous stats ofcourse.

looks fishy to me ..
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Would you reveal who was that merchant. I take pity on them.
    But first thing... rush an e-mail to the AM and CJ notifying them and also link them to this post.

15 years and counting
    0 Clicks, 5 Sales, $7,500 Gross Sales For One Day.
    Have you ever heard of cookies? Return days?
    It depends of what you're selling, but it's not impossible. I've had better days.

It is my knowledge that any clicks without an impression would send a red flag to the network. So better take care of the issue at the earliest.

15 years and counting
    Where do you see clicks and impressions?
    0 Clicks, 5 Sales It's a sale thru a cookie, nothing fishy, no red flag.

Nil for me!!
    No sales for 2 days and 700 direct link clicks and NO CJ emails for 48 hours either. What's broke? Soon to be me!!!

15 years and counting
    What's broke?
    What's the relation with this thread?

Affiliate4all
    I have plenty of clicks with no impressions as I do not include the tracking pixel with all of my links. Its been more than a year that I've been getting clicks with no impressions and no one has contacted me about it. To my knowledge there is no problem with this....but I may be wrong.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

15 years and counting
    but I may be wrong.
    No, you're not. Impressions reporting is a good indicator but it is not mandatory.

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    0 Clicks, 5 Sales, $7,500 Gross Sales For One Day.
    Have you ever heard of cookies? Return days?
    It depends of what you're selling, but it's not impossible. I've had better days.
    Yes I have heard of cookies. I have been marketing on the net since 1993. I have also heard of return days as I have been on this board since its inception. Are you the in house CJ/Parasiteware/Spyware apologist for today? Try and re-read my initial post maybe something will dawn on you. Maybe not.

Exclamation
    Last edited by brianboru; August 2nd, 2005 at 11:01 AM. Reason: because I felt like it.

Quote Originally Posted by suzigeek
    Affiliate4all
    I have plenty of clicks with no impressions as I do not include the tracking pixel with all of my links. Its been more than a year that I've been getting clicks with no impressions and no one has contacted me about it. To my knowledge there is no problem with this....but I may be wrong.

Well yes you are not wrong... what I actually referring to are the normal circumstances. Of course what Zeus and you have mentioned are exceptional or particular cases. I should have mentioned that. Thanks anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by suzigeek
    Affiliate4all

Well yes you are not wrong... what I was actually referring to are the normal circumstances. Of course what Zeus and you have mentioned are exceptional or particular cases. I should have mentioned that. Thanks anyways.

Where do you see clicks and impressions?
    0 Clicks, 5 Sales It's a sale thru a cookie, nothing fishy, no red flag.
    Yup. You are the apologist for the day. Please stay out of my posts.

ITS 5 SALES in one day with no clicks. I Have not had a sale with this merchant for over 250 days. Please dont post in my threads unless you have some idea of what you are talking about.

Clicks w/o Impression
    Quote Originally Posted by affiliate4all
    It is my knowledge that any clicks without an impression would send a red flag to the network. So better take care of the issue at the earliest.
    I think it depends on how you promote the merchant. I do PPC to promote a merchant directly to their website. Every month I sent 10K plus clicks with Zero impression to this merchant.

15 years and counting
    I have been marketing on the net since 1993.
    I wonder
    Please stay out of my posts.
    What's wrong with you? You had a bad day!

I'd wait to see if it gets reversed. Hopefully, it's legit and it won't. Might just be a mistake, though.

As for the impressions and clicks, as mentioned previously, it's certainly possible to have a sale come through without impressions and clicks right beforehand. Depending on the length of the cookie, it can be quite a while between the impression, click, and sale.

High dollar items that are seldom searched for have a tendency to do that in my experience. A shopper finds your page, clicks the link, then thinks about it for a week or two. Then they go back and buy, going directly to the merchant's site. Big ticket items often require more thought before buying, so not really unusual. I wouldn't think this would raise any red flags unless it happens frequently.

Andy

15 years and counting
    brianboru - I Have not had a sale with this merchant for over 250 days.
    It doesn't mean YOU HAD NO CLICK before these 250 days.

YOU DON'T MIND my opinion, do you?

It doesn't mean YOU HAD NO CLICK before these 250 days.

YOU DON'T MIND my opinion, do you?

Zeus,
    I am sure he finds it weird that the merchant can batch the transactions for 250 days.
    If the transactions are legit, my bet is surely that the orders have been placed by a single user. If they aren't, what a lovely coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by brianboru
    Please stay out of my posts. ... Please dont post in my threads unless you have some idea of what you are talking about.
    I think you're misunderstanding what the purpose of a forum is. People post threads. Other people post responses on the threads. That's the way it's supposed to work. If you don't want feedback, don't post. There's no reason to be rude.

Quote Originally Posted by brianboru
    ITS 5 SALES in one day with no clicks. I Have not had a sale with this merchant for over 250 days.
    That does sound strange, but there are legitimate possibilities:

1) Someone who clicked through a few days ago may have gone back directly the next day and placed five separate orders (which may or may not be legitimate orders).

2) Someone who clicked through a few days ago may have gone back directly the next day and placed an order, and something may have gone wrong where the order got posted five times.

3) The merchant may have discovered a tracking problem, tracked down the missing sales, and posted them all at once.

Look at the orders in the transaction report. Are they all the same time? Are they the same amount? Are they posted long after the fact? You can probably rule out some possibilities by answering those questions.

You might want to AAQ on CJ or check with the merchant. I'm sure you'll get a valid explanation.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

15 years and counting
    affiliate4all - I am sure he finds it weird that the merchant can batch the transactions for 250 days.
    The date of the last transaction has nothing to do with the duration of the cookie. He had may be a single click from this buyer yesterday, two days ago or 60 days ago. That's what is important. The last click set the cookie not the last transaction.

It's a sale but it can be a fraudulent one too. He has no way to know if it's fraudulent, he has to wait for the merchant to tell him.

Edit: Michael was faster than me to answer. Thanks

It's a sale but it can be a fraudulent one too. He has no way to know if it's fraudulent, he has to wait for the merchant to tell him.

Brianboru, are you making any attempts to contact this merchant or AAQ on CJ?

Brian... why don't you just download the transaction report to excel from that day and check out the click dates and times from the report? That'll answer the question as to when the cookies were set.

One time about a year ago I got started getting a sale minute from a merchant for about 20 minutes. I was only sending them 3-4 clicks a day at the time.

Later in the day I recieved an email saying there was an "system error" and all the transactions were reversed.

Makes you wonder if less obvious "errors" go on unnoticed for extended periods of time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast