Unhappy "abw at linkshare dot com"
    Just wanted to let everyone know that Linkshare is not answering emails to the "abw at linkshare dot com" email address. Over the past year, i've sent about 6 emails to linkshare and have never once received a response.

It's not just that email address that has had problems over the last year. LS has admitted that their spam filters have at times been set to high and people have not gotten through.

I, and others, have been pushing and pushing for a dedicated support ticket system like so many other big companies have. I think it would not just benifit us, but think it would be a great help to the poor LS support staff who have to try to keep track of everything just by emails at so many different email addresses.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

LinkShare links and AOL dialup?
    I've been exchanging emails with LinkShare's bottom-rung support people for 3 weeks regarding a strange problem, and each time I get a vague and not-responsive reply after a delay of several days.

My issue, if anyone cares: while visiting my fiancee's parents' home, I used their dialup AOL account to test some of the links on my site. To my astonishment, the LinkShare links usually generated a weird error message -- the click would go to the LinkShare site, where I would get the error message "link session expired." I immediately re-tested the links when I got home, and from some other locations, and it appears to only happen on an AOL dialup account.

Note that this is not a pop-up issue, or a domain-blocking issue: the click actually goes to the linkshare/linksynergy site, but instead of being redirected to the merchant, this strange "link session expired" message comes up. This does not happen 100% of the time, but more than 50% of the time.

I don't know what percentage of internet users are on dialup accounts, but if this is something that affects "all or most" dialup users, I assume that's still a pretty significant number.

I can't test this because I don't have a computer with a modem and I don't know anyone other than my intended in-laws who has a dial-up connection. But I am extremely worried about this.

Unfortunately, my attempts to communicate with LinkShare have been unsuccessful, as their first-tier support people simply respond with boilerplate replies, and despite my request, the issue has apparently not been escalated. Of course, it's entirely possible that LinkShare's tech staff knows about this issue, or has tested and confirmed that it is not widespread, but so far my impression is that they simply don't know about this issue at all, and nothing I do will get passed along to them.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah spam filters... don't forget if you use a form, your answer is also often (eaten by their dog) eaten by your spam filters - even when you don't run any.

Chet

And this is where a support ticket system like CJ has would be benificial. I contact them from time to time and cannot remember ever getting a canned response. And the great thing about their system is all parties involved can easily see the past correspondence about the matter.

Right now I have four or five people I communicate with at LS and I've learned to pick which one to write to based on the problem. That's simply not the way is should be done. An affiliate should send in a question via a support ticket system that lets you pick the topic area and it is then forwarded to the appropriate person at LS to answer you at the support ticket system.

I bet you software for something like this is out there for very little money. I just can't see why LS has not implemented something like this years ago.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Off Topic Response re: AOL Error
    Tim, it sounds like you're experiencing an AOL caching issue. AOL caches everything and serves up stale pages. Linkshare's links redirect through two pages, and if it doesn't make it within a certain amount of time (probably a minute or more--I've never tested), it'll give that timeout error. Since they may have cached the original page hours earlier, Linkshare sees the time gap and considers it an error.

AOL users are problematic. There are many other problems they can and often do have.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

On Topic: Trouble Ticket System
    And back on topic, I strongly agree with Ron. A trouble ticket system would be very, very helpful!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I sent one to that addy last night about the Delta Airlines links leading to an "Oops, Page Not Found" page (after sending the Delta AM addy one the other day) and haven't received a response from either one
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread