Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Make Money with Yahoo
    publisher.yahoo.com/

For those of you interested.

Also if the mods could make a forum for this it would be nice.

It's about time. Hopefully some competition between Google and Yahoo for the business of the small publisher will push the % of ppc revenue up in favor of the publisher. I'm not complaining about Google, but they make a real killing - could easily through a few more percentage points in the direction of publishers. Will MSN get into this game too? (or have they already) ... PPC does seem to be the future for a while. Who isn't happy with it? ... Publishers win, search engines win, advertisers *can* win, if they know what they're doing.

very kewl. I will likely put these ads on an new site that I will launch soon. I will have something to compare to google directly since my new site should contain very similar types of advertisers..

The Thin White Duke PreacherMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trivum
    Will MSN get into this game too?
    Yes MSN are going to launch a contextual advert network as well. I heard a tasty rumour that they may give the majority of the click cost to the publisher in an attempt to eat into Google's profits.
    Keep on learning, keep on earning. :fan:

I think they already are paying publishers a majority of the PPC amounts they receive.

From their last report->

The Google Network - Revenues generated on Google's partner sites, through AdSense programs, contributed $630 million, or 46% of total revenues, an 82% increase over the Network revenues generated in the same quarter last year.

TAC - Traffic Acquisition Costs, the portion of revenues shared with Google's partners, increased to $494 million. This compares to total payments to partners of $277 million in the second quarter of 2004.

$494m of $630m paid to publishers. Almost 78.5%.

I will be staying put especially with the new adsense for rss feeds they just put out. Check your adsense emails.

Too bad, the current "Beta Program" is only available to residents of the U.S., with valid U.S. Social Security or Tax ID number.

So, some of us will have to wait. For those who do try please post your experiences.
    [URL=http://www.golfbeginnerguide.com/]Golf Beginner Guide[/URL] ; [URL=http://www.ladygolfersguide.com/]Lady Golfers Guide[/URL]

Great signature LearnAbout! Funny stuff.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

lurk
    Quote Originally Posted by LearnAbout
    Too bad, the current "Beta Program" is only available to residents of the U.S., with valid U.S. Social Security or Tax ID number.

So, some of us will have to wait. For those who do try please post your experiences.

I applied... awaiting an email but I will keep you posted. Has anyone here been accepted yet? I have seen their program on other sites before hand when they only accepted sites with an insane amount of traffic. Their system is different though, you have to click twice to get to the actual page... see big-boys.com on the left. It will say things like "camcorders" "fitness equiptment" or things like that and when you click one of them it will show you a few sponsored links.

Clicking twice is an extra point of losing the actual click-through but I'm not sure if that is the same setup they will have for the beta program.
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    Also if the mods could make a forum for this it would be nice.
    Moved Thread to the new publisher.yahoo forum

I also understand that the "Contextual Marketing Goddess" is willing to answer questions in this forum and I am very appreciative of her help.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Two clicks to get paid? That will keep the sweatshops busy...

Contextual Marketing Goddess
    Thanks for the forum Haiko!

I am a beta tester for YPN, so I know all the inside skinny on the program

ABW Ambassador
    What do you guys think that Yahoo will be more for real content sites whereas Google will let just about anybody it, scraper sites, made for Adsense content sites etc.

ABW Ambassador
    Do people really build made for Adsense content sites?
    <~~~~~

I sure hope Yahoo is more strict. I don't want to see them promoting building more garbage websites on the net. Wonder if Google is going to start stepping up their compliance team. Would be nice to see these scrapers gone.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

The Thin White Duke PreacherMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenstar
    Thanks for the forum Haiko!

I am a beta tester for YPN, so I know all the inside skinny on the program
    Great stuff Jenstar. How do Yahoo's reports compare to the excellent new Adsense report layout?
    Keep on learning, keep on earning. :fan:

Contextual Marketing Goddess
    The reporting details are nearly the same between the two programs, no nothing much is different in that regard. I will be doing some screenshots so people can see what it looks like when you login... without my specific stats of course

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Hi Jenstar! I applied to the program early this week. Can you tell me how long I should expect it to take to find out if I'm approved or not?

Quote Originally Posted by jrod805
    I applied... awaiting an email but I will keep you posted. Has anyone here been accepted yet?
    I also applied and haven't heard back.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

ABW Ambassador
    Yep same here. Round #1 google. They replied back quickly with activation and have always been responsive with emails and phone calls.

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    I'm wondering if traffic levels will have something to do with which sites get invited during the trial period. Thing is, it would be some kind of risk for someone making a change on any of their higher traffic, best income sites.

I can see it on newer or sleeper sites and building them up over time, especially with holiday season coming, but would they even accept a site that doesn't already have healthy traffic?

>>Round #1 google.
    To be fair, this is a beta test. I'm sure they're accepting a small percentage of the incredible volume of applications they've received just in the past few days.

I'm also wondering what type of site has the best chance of getting approved. Theme? traffic? type of site? They've probably got a list of criteria they need to fill as a goal for the beta test, especially the early stages.

Higher traffic (corroborated by their own search engine reporting) will probably get you considered first. Then I'm guessing the more unique your site, the better chance it has.

ABW Ambassador
    No doubt a ton of people who got kicked out of Google's program will be clamoring to get into this one. Plus people not seeing much $ with Google's program.

Higher traffic (corroborated by their own search engine reporting) will probably get you considered first. Then I'm guessing the more unique your site, the better chance it has.
    That sounds right and makes sense. At this point what would they be after but data? and without a lot of traffic there can't be much data to gather. It makes sense that they'll take a cross-section of sites that'll give them the kind of data they want, whatever that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenstar
    The reporting details are nearly the same between the two programs, no nothing much is different in that regard. I will be doing some screenshots so people can see what it looks like when you login... without my specific stats of course
    For those who are still wondering about them, here ya go http://www.jensense.com/archives/200..._the_yaho.html

I applied too and still haven't heard... anyone on this board have any luck?
    [LEFT][URL=http://www.dcgolfreview.com]www.DCGolfReview.com[/URL]
    - Professional golf course reviews in the Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC area
    - Reliable equipment evaluations
    [/LEFT]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast