Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    When 7 Days Isn't Really 7 Days.....
    Okay, so on 8/1 I get another reminder from Dotster, that states, your bronze hosting payment will be suspended within 7 days if you do not make a payment. Now, no real worries, they were using a card I maxxed out on vacation a week or so ago, and I've sent a payment in to Visa, shouldn't be a problem.

Today I checked, and hey, I'm ready to play with my CC again, so I go to dotster and, hey, 2 days after I get my 7 day warning, they've deleted the account along with my #1 ranked web site. Now, I KNOW I've made a few changes to that site on the fly over the last few months, but it's all gone now, since they don't bother keeping little things like that.

So, I just wanted to send a big THANK YOU to DOTSTER for giving me a 7 day ultimatum, and deleting my account 2 days later. To return the favor, I think I will move 60 or so of the domains I am regging with you to someone else.

Have a nice day!
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    You'd think they want to please a domain addict and keep you around... shame on them!

ABW Ambassador
    They could have at least locked the account instead of deleting it. That's horrible.

I've already switched hosting to godaddy, and it is up and running, amazingly enough. All in an afternoon! I lost all of the emails and traffic details and such that went with the account, sadly enough. Some of my updates are lost, too, hope it doesn't hurt my rankings, I surely hate to lose those #1 rankings!

Yeah that sucks that they did that to you but seems to me you could have avoided the whole problem to begin with. May I suggest using a CC only for your internet business? An adequate CC limit to meet any drain on your monies would be cool too.

Good Luck with GoDaddy, I just moved the bulk of my sites away from GoDaddy for better services.
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

That is not what you call customer service. That is bunk. I had switched banks and cards and had forgotten to change my account info on one of my auto debit places....so stuff happens! They shouldn't have scrapped your account!

Stuff like this gets me riled argghhhh....I used to work customer service at a huge hotel supply company. They certainly would have never survived if they closed every account that had a late payment!!

(which reminds me I'm late on my cable isp bill!!)
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

It's my fault for cutting things a little close during/after my extended vacation, but it just irked me that they send you a message like that, then wipe your account, the email, the reports, everything. Landed on two feet though. That site got great rankings and was only a few pages in size, so I am going to try expanding it a bit, maybe I can stumble into a windfall.

That is such a crock! I'm sorry to hear that happened. A good lesson to us all that we may get treated the same way - however you do it, keep up with those due dates.

Peace & Blessings,
    White Wolf
    Blessed Be,
    White Wolf

And I thought this thread might be about a fake Ron...
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread