ABW Ambassador
    Conference Call and Price Runner
    Yahoo Reports that Valueclick will have their conference call tomorrow. The other big news at Valueclick is that PriceRunner US is finally up and running.

http://biz.yahoo.com/cc/0/57880.html

Hmmm, I wonder if CJ will take a back seat to price runner. I also wonder if PriceRunner will just be a superaffiliate or if it will evolve into the mother of all parasites.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050726/265489.html?.v=1

I get paranoid at the thought that the largest affiliate network with a war chest of several hundred million dollars is launching a major effort to compete with affiliates.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well they sure know how to target the best sellers in my clients categories with no effort on my part... http://www.pricerunner.com/search?q=mens+suspenders

Nice to see one of my affiliates taking the listing expense, vs ROI per click, to push a winner. At least VC/CJ gets that one right. Seems they're getting into the SuperAffiliate CPA business... The PriceRunner Affiliate Program

Affiliate information
    We are currently in the process of getting the framework set up for our US affiliate program, but will soon have detailed information about the process and how it works posted here. In the meantime, if you have questions or would like to become an affiliate with us, you can contact: info-us@pricerunner.com
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

How ever spaced apart CJ and Valueclick and it's subsidiarys are, it still seemes to me they are stepping on the toes of their "Valued Affiliate Base" by creating as yintercept so eloquently said "I also wonder if PriceRunner will just be a superaffiliate or if it will evolve into the mother of all parasites."

Are their no business ethics any longer? Me do not think so.

I like corporations, I hate corporate buyouts.

Poops

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    A superaffiliate? I would think they already are and those *are* affiliate links in their listings. So yes, we have the owner of one of the largest affiliate networks competing actively affiliates. Conflict of interest? Surely not, affiliates just don't understand business.

But then they are now also a Merchant running that aff program on CJ. Anyone want to lay odds on whether or not PriceRunner made it into CJ's Top 200 Affiliate List?

The world really has gone surreal when I can go to a ValueClick owned web site and find LinkShare links.

But you know...VC/CJ has been sitting back running those calculators figuring up lost revenue as the parasites devote ad space from affiliate links to shopping comparison sites. Ouch...that must have hurt to see listings for all those *other* shopping comparison sites popping up in Whenu, Gator, Zango, etc instead of affiliate links. So just how long will it be before we see PriceRunner feeds showing up with those guys? How long before PriceRunner listings are popping through the parasites on both Merchant and affiliate sites? Will we see some of those folks 'terminated' from CJ given access to the PriceRunner affiliate program? Oh wait I forgot...they aren't parasites..they are in compliance.

Kellie you smart enough to understand those privy to the entire clickstream and sales stats of online etailers & their affiliates will eventually learn how to secure 100% of the business for themselves. Investigate the aggregrators who can place product feeds into all 20 shopping comparison engines and major portals. You'll find Linkshare and VC/CJ & pricerunner.com right there on their partner list. Why? So they can cover the conflicts of interest using a 3rd party. I'll give you a hint... http://www.mercent.com/merchandising.aspx

I pitty those who want to investigate all the hidden partnerships within the Adwhore industry. Putting on a mouse rubber and peeking into PPCSE syndication from a starting point like FindWhat or Ask Jeeves would be an eye opener.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; August 5th, 2005 at 11:59 PM.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, I have to say the whole pricerunner thing does not sit well with me and is a major conflict of interest. What would be really interesting - does whenu, eβates or any other CJ friendly parasite popup on pricerunner? Or has CJ made special deals with them for this not to happen? If they have made deals, well... the thing we aren't supposed to talk about should happen.

Its enough to almost make me want to buy a keyword from 180... or is this the real reason CJ kicked 180?

I do like how mike likes the "adwhores" when they advertise his stuff...

Chet

Mike,

I don't want to see any more posts outside of the political forum containing the words Al Quada, Hamas or Hizbolla. UNDERSTAND?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Amazon is someone I leverage as if they're one of my Affiliates Chet. They're not Adwhores. They pay Pricerunner keyword click fees to feature their top converting merchant. They get 15% on every sale and average 1 sale per 10 clicks. I have no control over that bit of business wisdom.

Adwhores are those who pay PPCSE fees for those keywords and have no product to sell, or products that don't convert enough to cover the PPCSE cost. Ever see a Holdup Suspender Pop-up in a BHO? It could happen once they get exposed to the syndication monopolies taking place behind the scenes at places like eBay/Shopping.com, Nextag, BizRate and others. I'd never expose them to 2nd tier PPCSE's who only see them as Overture or Adword filler.

ABW Ambassador
    What happens would depend on their ethics.

Quote Originally Posted by womanht
    What happens would depend on their ethics.
    Their Ehics?
    That leaves me wondering.

Kellie wrote:
    So yes, we have the owner of one of the largest affiliate networks competing actively affiliates. Conflict of interest? Surely not, affiliates just don't understand business.
    Reminds me of a mega conglomerate that makes chemicals that cause a skin rash, as well as the ointment to treat the rash!

This is absolutely a conflict of interest, as they have access to all the secrets of the super affiliate sites. It wouldn't be too difficult to "borrow" a few of those secrets for their own site...
    Andy

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread