lurk
    ValueClick to buy FastClick?
    Just a rumor for now... apparently Fastclick will be announcing some 'big news' tonight after its Q2 earnings call.

In todays AdBumb it stated "Well, word around the campfire has it that now Valueclick might just be making offers to buy Fastclick."

For those of you that are unaware, Valueclick owns CJ... which coincendentally is two blocks away from Fastclick here in Santa Barbara.

Any thoughts on this, or what will happen from Valueclick owning both CJ and Fastclick?
    Jason

ABW Ambassador
    I hope not. But I wouldn't be surprised, since going public, fastclick has seems to have fewer and fewer quality advertisers, and more and more email collectors. But their interface is soooo much better than valueclick's.

But valueclick does have the best customer support in the industry.

If they kept them seperate companies it might not be too bad, just teach fastclick how to answer an email within a reasonable timeframe, like sometime before the end of the world.

Chet

I think Fastclick has turned into more of a banner rotator than an actual advertising company.
    Last edited by HardwareGeek; August 4th, 2005 at 02:41 PM.

lurk
    Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    I think Fastclick has turned into more of a banner rotator than an actual advertising company.
    I agree... the only time I ever see them is on pop-up, pop-unders, and those annoying full screen ads that come up when you click a link that redirect you to the page after the ad is shown.
    Jason

I never made much with fastclick.... pennies a day. You have to have a 'crap load' of traffic to generate even a $1 a day.

I recently exchanged all my fastclick banners with banners from hobbyclix.com. Their advertisers match my sites theme to a tee and I am making 5x with them. But that's just me..

The best thing I can say about fastclick is they paid ontime everytime... and yes the interface is nice..

ABW Ambassador
    well i make a decent living out of TribalFusion which i believe its superior network to others...although needs a redesign of its platform where fastclick get a positive point from my end

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread