Wish lists and New Items in Mode
    I could not find anything in the documentation on how to use the "Add to Amazon.com Wish List" button, is there some documentation and/or a sample?

Also, is there a way to show New items in a particular mode? something like type=new&mode=dvd for exapmple or some creative workaround?

1. "Add to Amazon.com Wish List":

Associate Engine supports "Add to Amazon.com Wish List" buttons but I just tried it and it appears that the amazon.com website is no longer working correctly. I've notified amazon.com about it.

Nevertheless, here's how you would do it once amazon.com fixes their website ...

To get Associate Engine ae.pl to display "Add to Amazon.com Wish List" buttons, you need to edit your details formatting template (e.g.: cgi-bin/ae-format/details6.html). (FYI, you specify which formatting template to use via the asinsearch.format configuration variable).

In the details formatting template, add the following line where you want the button to show up:

{details.addto.wishList}

Note: Those are curly braces { } -- they are not parentheses ( ).

If you try it now, Associate Engine will display the button. And when click the button, amazon.com's webpage will appear but the item is not added. Again, this is a problem at amazon.com's website.

2. New items:

No, there is no way to display new items (e.g.: latest DVD's). Amazon.com does not provide that information via Amazon.com Web Services.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread