Google site maps issue with logging in
    I have heard about Google site maps now from Google and dozens of others and I'm thinking I should definately check it out. The problem? It says sign in using your regular Google sign in and mine doesn't work.

I have Adwords account and Adsense account, both with same user id and pass, but it doesn't work at the home page for site maps. I hesitate to start a new ID if I can avoid it. I tried to find a click to contact the right person and all choices seem like they lead me to the Adsense help section.

I don't really have the patience to play with this much longer - there are pages to build. Anybody know what's up?

Thanks,
    Judi

Animal Lover
    I could only sign in using my gmail account...I tried the others as well and it wouldn't let me in either.

You might want to send an email out to google to ask if it's a bug.

Oscar

Google site maps
    Thanks for the quick reply. Good to know it's not just me. I'll send them a note. It could be that I'm the only person left on the planet without a gmail account. Not for lack of opportunity, tho.

Thanks again,

Judi

AdWords and AdSense are separate. Google Groups, Gmail, Site Maps, and pehaps a few others share a single login. If you don't use any of those other Google services, you'll need to create a new login.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Google site maps
    You're right, Michael. That's what I just found out and came here to post.

Here is what I found out from Google - I just signed up for a new account for the Site Map area.

If you use Google Alerts, Froogle Shopping List, Gmail, Google Groups, Personalized Search, Google in Your Language, Google Answers and Google Web APIs, that login will work for the Site Map area.

In the future, your Google account will enable access to all Google services, including Google AdWords, Google Store and more.

Problem solved - now I just have to figure out the rest of the site map thing. Hope it's easy.

Judi

Cool
    it is beyond me, by a bit, but I made sitemap.txt files that listed every url on my sites (static pages) until I could figure out how to do it right. They have hit those files regularly so that is not a bad deal. Don't even have to go tell them about new pages -- just modified the .txt file and they usually look at it every day anyway.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread