Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Diet?
    What's your diet like?
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

ABW Ambassador
    Lite Beer & salad

lite beer lol Just kidding!

Actually I changed my diet big time about 2 months ago. Basically I no longer have anything white. Whole wheat bread instead and it is better. everything I cook is on the George foreman grill now. Lemon chicken is the best, It is also fun watching the stuff come out of hamburgers when you put them on the grill. Can't mention anymore or I will get a duplicate copy penalty from my site

ABW Ambassador
    I've went from 220 to back to where i was before affiliate marketing around 185 by eating whatever i want as long as it's no more than 2000 calories a day, took about 3 months. That's my doing no exercise, sitting in front of my computer all day affiliate marketing diet

But soon it will be a more maintenance caloric intake and i'm going to start working out again, so i can eat more.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    lost 20 pounds in like 3 months keeping a good high fat and high carb vegetarian diet (my normal diet), added 5-6 glasses of boiling water a day to it..

I actually increased food consumption, but lost weight.
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

ABW Ambassador
    Weight Watchers core plan. Lean cuts of meat, whole grains and lots of fruits and vegetables.

No bread though. Most commercial breads use processed grains.

This is the best time of year for core: lots of fruits are in season and inexpensive. I can mix up my diet something fierce.

What's your diet like?
    I'm not on any diet now but, there are only two real diets, guarantee to work 100% of the time.

# 1 - When two people fall deeply in love, the one that gets hit with the right in the middle of the , would not need to worry about any diet.

#2 - A hunger strike is the other one.

# 1- Only comes around once in a blue moon.
    # 2- You can do it at any time, only the first 72 hrs are the hard part.

ugh....

well right now its alright ( im on the "whatever i find in the fridge" diet),

but in 2 weeks... i will be back in college where the cafeteria moto is
    "As Fat As We Can Make You"

first it was the freshman 15
    the it doubled and became the sophmore 30....

if i gain 60 pounds this year im calling 20/20 or 60 minutes
    <br/>
    [URL=http://www.adsense-keyword-list.com]"High Payout" Adsense Keyword List [/URL] - 500+ Words, $12 - $100 Per Click.
    Free Random Samples Available: PM Me if Interested

My diet is sad. I'm stuck somewhere between loving old habits and trying to create new ones. It's so easy to sneak out for a sausage egg mcmuffin - which I LOVE - or to cook up some hash & eggs for breakfast. But I'm sort of force-feeding myself "Basic 4" cereal at the moment. It's tasty, dont get me wrong, but it's still cereal.

Also battling the Pepsi vs bottled water. I'm making some progress, at least...

Here in the south, everything is deep fried and served with gravy... and women were meant to COOK.

My last trip to San Diego I ate sushi & fruit smoothies. The closest thing to that here in rural TN is Captain D's and Baskin Robbins LOL . For me, it's a matter of learning to cook all over again - figuring out how to "steam" a vegetable instead of boiling it lifeless and smothering it in cheese.
    <b>Lynn Terry</b>
    (<a href="http://clicknewz.blogspot.com">my blog</a>)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Terry
    My last trip to San Diego I ate sushi & fruit smoothies. The closest thing to that here in rural TN is Captain D's and Baskin Robbins LOL . For me, it's a matter of learning to cook all over again - figuring out how to "steam" a vegetable instead of boiling it lifeless and smothering it in cheese.
    I'm in San Diego and never eat sushi. Fruit smoothes I'll do occasionally, they're easy to make at home.

I don't steam veggies, but I don't boil them long - I like them crispy. Lots of spaghetti - comes of having a 3 year old in the house. I gave up sodas when I was pregnant with my daughter and have learned to just not buy them when I go to the store.

Doesn't mean I eat perfectly healthy, as I have a major sweet tooth!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!

The main thing about my diet is...no man-made ingredients. No coloring agents, preservatives, or anything else made by humans.

The second most important thing is I'm allergic to corn and milk so there are no dairy products in my diet and no corn starch, corn syrup or any of the other fillers made from corn.

The final important thing is I try to eat whole-grain foods and fresh fruits and veggies often. I'm a total carb freak who eats a moderate protein, low fat diet.

I don't often use prepared foods out of cans or jars, I prefer to cook from scratch when it's practical. (But not to the extent that I make my own bread and pasta.)

I don't eat a lot at one sitting but I do eat three small meals a day and nibble throughout the day. I try to eat only one animal protein meal a day. I do eat junk food like soy ice cream and potato chips, but they're all-natural products.

I used to have a weight problem. I don't have a weight problem anymore. I do eat desserts and I don't count calories. People are forever asking me how I stay slim at my age, but when I tell them about my diet they always respond..."NO THANKS!"

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I've cut out a lot of the snacking I used to do. I realized I was adding a ridiculous amount of calories with what seemed like little snacks here 'n there. I love peanut butter n' toast, but now I only eat about half the amount that has been normal. I realized that one piece of that = about 220 calories (bread, butter, and peanut butter combined)! So just four little pieces/night is over 1000 cals! I don't "count calories" per se, but when something bangs out at me like that I take notice of it.

I went from 4 delicious cans of Barq's to 1, mainly on my dentist's recommendation and on the threat of continued drilling torture. But without cutting down on the other stuff, it didn't change my weight any. I had just replaced it with other, less cavity-causing junk...

I also quit buying any junk food because if I get a (big) bag of Doritos or a can of Pringle's I'm going to eat that whole mother. Not buying it at all is the only solution. When I really MUST have something to chew on all night, I eat Light Butter p opcorn. Unbuttered is too cardboard-tasting, yech.

I've also started walking on the treadmill at the local fitness center. Trust's sit-at-the-computer diet would leave me way too hungry!

So far I've lost 11 Lbs. What the starting weight was shall remain a mystery for now...maybe when I've lost all the weight I want to, I'll admit what I started at
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I've basically cut back on refined carbohydrates. Instead of sugar, I use Splenda. Instead of stuff with white flour, I go for whole grain. Instead of Dr Pepper, I'm drinking Diet Dr Pepper, 7up Plus, Diet IBC Root Beer, Splenda-sweetened tea, and Splenda-sweetened kool-aid. I try to eat more green vegetables instead of corn and potatoes. I'm down probably 15-20 pounds from my highest weight, but I'm still about "twice the man" I was when I graduated from High School.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Steak, pasta, potatos, rice, meat, vegetables, chips, fries, soft drinks (but not the yucky diet versions), chocolates (preferably dark) , ice cream, japanese peanut crackers, cookies, all really tasty the local dishes like spicy, coconut soup based noodle known as Laksa (you gotta try that if you ever visit Singapore) anything delicious that catches my fancy. Then I try to walk it off.

Preferred diet is steak, burgers and bbq.

However my wife likes chicken and prefers its health qualities.

Needless to say, I eat more chicken than steak.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Terry
    My diet is sad. I'm stuck somewhere between loving old habits and trying to create new ones.

Also battling the Pepsi vs bottled water. I'm making some progress, at least...
    I've made a lot of progress on this in the last 3 months. In fact, I quit drinking pepsi altogether and am now drinking close to a gallon of water a day... and I quit smoking as well!

I'm not dieting, though (one thing at a time! LOL) - but I can say I'm more concious about what I'm cooking and what I'm eating at least. Instead I added a 20-30 minute vigorous cardio work out to my daily routine.

I've lost 9 lbs already since I quit smoking & drinking soft drinks!
    <b>Lynn Terry</b>

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Gettting rid of soft drinks (coke, pepsi, etc.) will take a lot of weight off right away. I never drink it but when people drop the soda they lose a lot quickly. It's hard to get off the soda and junk food addiction. Start slowly. Replacing soda with flavored carbonated water can help. Diet soda (or diet anything) is just as bad, actually. I won't go into the details but it's poison to your system and actually will make you fatter. Read "Natural Cures" by Kevin Trudeau. It has the best diet advice around and has invaluable information about food and drugs. it will also give you very valuable health insight.

The best way to stay slim and healthy is eat less and exercise more. It's basic.

Rhea has the right idea about nothing 'man-made.' Rhea, have you read Natural Cures? :-)

Mr. Sal's diet is the ideal one, although it's hard to come by. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Affiliate Manager
    Gettting rid of soft drinks (coke, pepsi, etc.) will take a lot of weight off right away.
    You can say that again... I lost 30 pounds in about 6 months just from cutting down the pepsi. I was addicted to that stuff. Ice water works wonders

Very encouraging!
    <b>Lynn Terry</b>

Best thing I've ever done for my diet was move to Taiwan. I've been here for about a year now and it's incredibly easy to maintain my weight. They don't use much cream, cheese or butter in their food, so most of it is very healthy. Lots of veggies and rice. I still break down and go for a burger and fries from time to time, but the lack of variety (only McD's) reduces the craving. I've even managed to replace a lot of my Coke addiction with different types of tea. The sushi is cheap so I make it a point to have some at least once a week. I just love Japanese food.

I'll be moving back to the states in a couple weeks so I'm not looking forward to working at maintaining my weight. At least I know the culprits: butter, cream and cheese. I figure I'll just get back into swing dancing and maybe take up a new sport to stay in shape. I just hope I can take some of what I've learned here and apply it to my California diet.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    Best thing I've ever done for my diet was move to Taiwan. I've been here for about a year now and it's incredibly easy to maintain my weight. They don't use much cream, cheese or butter in their food, so most of it is very healthy. Lots of veggies and rice. I still break down and go for a burger and fries from time to time, but the lack of variety (only McD's) reduces the craving. I've even managed to replace a lot of my Coke addiction with different types of tea. The sushi is cheap so I make it a point to have some at least once a week. I just love Japanese food.

I'll be moving back to the states in a couple weeks so I'm not looking forward to working at maintaining my weight. At least I know the culprits: butter, cream and cheese. I figure I'll just get back into swing dancing and maybe take up a new sport to stay in shape. I just hope I can take some of what I've learned here and apply it to my California diet.

- Scott
    It's easy in California. Lots of sushi bars and health conscience people. And you can get perrier or pellegrino water anywhere you go. LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    It's easy in California. Lots of sushi bars and health conscience people. And you can get perrier or pellegrino water anywhere you go. LOL
    But there's also lots of mexican food and fast food Sometimes it's hard to fight the urge! Another problem is you need to drive to get anywhere. I really enjoy walking everywhere I need to go. By the time I walk to McD's and back I've already walked it off!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Yeah, those deep-fried quesadillas with sour cream topping can about kill you. You'll die happy of course.

Rexanne, I looked up "Natural Cures" on Amazon and it pulled up a bazillion links. Can you give me a link to the book you meant?

I've put on a few pounds this month. Eggnog soy milk is in the stores for a brief time and I gotta have it! Also a friend came to visit and brought three dozen bagels from my fave bagel store in CT, so instead of my healthy shredded whole wheat cereal breakfast I've been pigging out on bagels. But...hubby dragged my exercise bike up from the basement and I'm getting back on the program!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Yeah, those deep-fried quesadillas with sour cream topping can about kill you. You'll die happy of course.
    Clutching your chest, with a smile on your face and licking your lips ... what a visual.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    > if you ever visit Singapore
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Woz reminices about BBQ'd Stingray smothered in Chilli. Yum!

>Taiwan
    Yep, when livining in China I lost a lot of weight, coming back to a fat-based country put it all back on again quite quickly. Bummer!

Lotsa Vegies, Rice and Fish these days, less Meat and Dairy. Slowly getting the weight down again.
    [url=http://www.dWoz.com/][b]dWoz[/b][/url] - serious webmaster tools & resources.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast