Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Linkshare Support Is Completely Unresponsive
    I recently moved and consequently updated my address with Linkshare. Everyday for the past several weeks, Linkshare greets my login with a warning message that my address cannot be verified. The message also asks me to contact support.

I have tried contacting Linkshare Support multiple times. Not a single response from Linkshare has been sent back. And this is covering a period of weeks.

This is completely unacceptable and inexcusable. There is simply no reason why I should have worry about whether my check will be sent or wonder if my check will be sent.

If somebody can give a physical address and the name of Linkshare's president, I would be appreciative. I am at the point where I need to send physical letter via certified mail so that I can prove that I made a good faith effort to resolve this problem - a neccessary precursor to pursuing other options.

I sent you a PM (hope it helps).

Also, there was a post just this week similiar to this. Seems the one reliable email address many here have used for years abw[at]linkshare.com is not answering anyone anymore. Heck, many are saying that support[at]linkshare.com is about the same. They have admitted here that they have a spam filter and that at times it has rejected some affiliates emails. I'm guessing there is something about your email address that is not letting you get through. And that is really bad when affiliates cannot communicate with the company.
    Last edited by Ron Bechdolt; August 4th, 2005 at 09:59 PM.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Color me stunned.

No, really.

Seriously.

Talking
    another addy, I forget for what real purpose, was contact at linkshare dot com

I think that one was for people who discovered they had been bounced from the system. Usually for being in the wrong country at the wrong time.

LinkShare unresponsive
    Actually, my experience has not been a total lack of response, but something even more infuriating: the non-responsive reply from someone who is pretending to try to help, but who is merely forwarding some boilerplate that is not responsive in any way to the inquiry.

After realizing that ad-blocking software was erasing most of my links to LinkShare merchants, I set up a series of forwarding URLs for those links. Yesterday, I did a log analysis and discovered that only a tiny fraction of the clicks I am sending are being tracked by LinkShare; this explains why sales are reporting as zero for LinkShare merchants, while their direct competitors who use CJ are reporting multiple transactions per day, and their competitors at Shareasale are reporting multiple transactions per week.

Last night, I pulled all the general LinkShare merchant links from my site, and I withdrew from all but two LinkShare merchant programs. Those two are the only merchants who have tracked any transactions from any of my sites in the past year.

I am now very, very glad that LinkShare refused to provide datafeeds unless I paid a lump of money -- if they'd offered datafeeds for free, I would have wasted dozens or possibly hundreds of hours.

Finally, I would like to thank the person on ABW who, when I posted my complaints about LinkShare's non-responsive replies, immediately diagnosed the problem I was having. If only LinkShare employed people like that.

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tim-store.com
    Yesterday, I did a log analysis and discovered that only a tiny fraction of the clicks I am sending are being tracked by LinkShare; this explains why sales are reporting as zero for LinkShare merchants
    I can't really resist on this one....I highly doubt that your conversion or lack there of has anything to do with LinkShare....you are completely out of your mind.......That isnt a website you have up....its a page filled with links....it is more ghetto than the ghetto.....Your argument has zero merit, and personally if I was a merchant....I'd drop you like you were hot!

Internet Cowboy
    Don't hold back Diddy. How do you REALLY feel???

Affiliate Manager
    As an AM, I have to turn down websites like that all day long!

My Goddess!!

Well that sure makes me feel better about my affiliate sites.

Does that earn money????
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Quote Originally Posted by sweat
    I recently moved and consequently updated my address with Linkshare. Everyday for the past several weeks, Linkshare greets my login with a warning message that my address cannot be verified. The message also asks me to contact support.
    I have been getting that for a few months now. They said "it's not your problem, it's our problem, just ignore it for now" in so many words. I guess when Project Pompeii comes along they will have the verification fixed and it will go away.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

That site was like the opposite of EcomCity. :-)
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

Quote Originally Posted by M_Diddy
    I can't really resist on this one....I highly doubt that your conversion or lack there of has anything to do with LinkShare....you are completely out of your mind.......That isnt a website you have up....its a page filled with links....it is more ghetto than the ghetto.....Your argument has zero merit, and personally if I was a merchant....I'd drop you like you were hot!
    I assume that you based your opinion on looking at my "incubator" site (which corresponds to my user name). As you'd expect my incubator site does not draw meaningful traffic (it drives about a dozen sales per week, from about 500 daily "real people" visitors -- excluding robots who are slowly indexing more than a half-million "test" web pages at the site).

Several other sites (which I won't link to, since it's against the rules here) draw moderate traffic and generate modest (but measurable) sales through other affiliate networks and direct affiliate programs.

These are the facts that led to my decision to drop all LinkShare merchants:

(1) Merchants who use CJ, BeFree, or SaS (or who offer direct affiliate programs) are reporting sales, and report clickthrough rates that nearly match my "click-away" tracking.

(2) The LinkShare merchants [who are given equal exposure as the non-LinkShare merchants mentioned in (1)] do not report any sales, and LinkShare reports only a tiny fraction of clicks compared to my "click-away" tracking.

(3) LinkShare's responses to tech-support queries are extremely slow, and are consistently non-responsive to my questions or issues.

I don't know WHY these things are happening, nor would I blame LinkShare if their traffic is being blocked by ad-blocking software, AOL caching problems, or other technology issues. Whatever the reason, I've dumped LinkShare.
    Last edited by markwelch; August 5th, 2005 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M_Diddy
    I didn't see where an opinion of his site was requested. He was asking about a problem many feel they have experienced with Linkshare. I think what he says has enormous merit.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Tim-Store,

I feel your Linkshare pain. I've seen this trend for more than 8 years. Many tell me it's the merchants, not LS. I have always complained bitterly but it doesn't get better. Mostly from the "bigger corporate" merchants on LS is where I notice that there are many clicks but no sales. I just removed them and as soon as I replaced their links with different merchants with the same type of products, sales began coming in over night. Obviously, something's not right in Dodge. Be it merchants or LS, I have no idea but it does seem to happen more with LS merchants than other network or indy programs. After having pulled all LS merchants off my site, I've now tried a few new ones to test the waters. I'm happy (not joyous but happy) to report some LS merchants have actually thrown me a few sales in the past few months.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Affiliate Manager
    I had an affiliate apply for our program through LS. His website URL info was wrong and I let him know. He fixed it on his end and it still didn't work correctly. He called LS and they said it was probably a problem with us. How can that be if LS provides us the afiliates information? My boss was fuming...I think he's getting ready to pull the plug on LS.

I think you guys are all smoking crack....

First to Miss Leeann......Thats pretty funny....LOL...nuff said.

Rexanne.....you dont have to put on the red light....

NetSpeed....Are you an affiliate manager or an IT guy, and what is your program?

Now that all of you seem to be stoned out of your minds.....pass the dutchie on the left hand side...

M Diddy
    Maybe you are the only one smoking crack....
    Not many among us will argue on what Tim-store says (Unless they happen to be one of those Messers' guys)
    Leeann simply asks you to indicate where was any feedback on the site solicited. And how do you know whether this is the only (or even a main) site operated by the dude?
    "you dont have to put on the red light" ...
    Like you don't need to go to the loo!! Like you would willingly compromise on pathetic third grade services that LS has been offering lately? Remember, every single one of us has a limit of patience, and that could vary from person to person.
    And the funniest thing I ever saw you post, how does it matter what is netspeed's profession or his programme? His post looks very valid and crisp clear to me.
    Go and take a shower! you need it badly.

Affiliate Manager
    I'm an AM and definitely NOT an IT guy although I probably could plug in a cable or two
    I have the dubious honor of taking over our floudering LS program even though 4 months ago I recommended running the program in-house. Now that LS has taken most of our money and the employee who recommended LS has handed it off, I'm supposed to salvage it and get it to work in 3 weeks. I'll get a paid announcement here after I've cleaned up a few other things.

Just because you are an affiliate for Linkshare...I believe you do not need certification, education, money, knowledge, you dont even have to have hands...so technically flipper the dolphin can be an affiliate......sound true?...

Anyways....taking that into consideration, I dont know if you are able to do so....

Linkshare prioritizes the ones that make them money, if they dont...they should.

Yes, Linkshare is in business to make money, yes this about money, not human rights...dollars and cents.....either you pump or you slump....its all about the revenue you drive...and you are as good as your last week.....thats it....that is the reality.

You are entitled to feel how ever you want, I personally think the market has changed significantly to the marketing that Tims-store represents, we left 1993 a long time ago..

In regards to NetSpeed....I have no clue what he/her is even talking about....how does a domain not work, is there some sort of decoder key I need to understand that post........I am comfused

Whatever

Affiliate Manager
    M Diddy---Do you know how the LS affiliate approval process works?

I'll tell you one thing.....you dont have to pass an exam to become an affiliate....you just have to be a legitimate person/company

Affiliate Manager
    Absolutely! In your previous post, you said you were confused about what I said and I just wanted to enlighten you about how it works from a merchant standpoint.

Sweat,

Just curious if you ever got a response from LS support?
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I appreciate this thread. It is good to read how others are treated and their action.

My thoughts are to give up on the affiliate programs 100%. I have tired for a long time to use them because it provides easy access to some leading merchants, and an opportunity to generate revenue from our traffic.

This latest action from them to withold the checks that we have earned and not release the funds until their third party can verify us as really been the straw that broke this camel's back.

Our website has been in their system for years, and without problems. Also we have contracts with "major" providers that make Link Share look small.

It looks like our decision will be to remove our Link Share Merchants, and serve only house ads.

The reason for my response to this thread is to support the thinking of others that the affiliate programs are headed for the bone yard just like the banner networks that proceeded them.

Now does anyone have a contact number to Link Share for me to call to get the monies that my site has earned, and they are holding hostgage??

Thanks

Affiliate Manager
    I don't think that affiliate programs in general will die. Affiliate programs that are run by the big boys will die because it seems as though they are too complex for their own good and they don't treat affiliates (and merchants) well either.

What you will see is smaller, more proactive networks take the place of the big guys. If LS opened their eyes, they'd see that they are following the same path that General Motors has. "We're big and we can do what we want" is how they think. Now look at them. In the next year or two, Toyota will pass them as the number automotive manufacturer in the world.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast