Affiliate Alliance
    What we affiliates need to do is create an affiliate alliance and nonprofit affiliate network. We always seem to get railroaded with these big affiliate networks and probably always will. What would those big networks be without affiliates? Nothing. We all need to come up together and create a network that addresses all these issues and create an alliance that does not stand for all the bullshit going on with three big players.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    www.ecomcity.com/safehaven-network.htm concept is my bullet proof answer to all the current network ills.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Some narcissistic sociopath would eventually try to wrest (or at least "claim") control for purposes of self-aggrandisement.

I think the FTC is starting to realize the problem with parasite adware..
    Once they start enforcing the laws and creating new ones.. the BHO's - Parasites that have done nothing but depend on their software.. will be grasping at straws trying to make money..

----------------------------
    Advertising.com., Inc., now a subsidiary of America Online, Inc., has agreed to settle FTC charges that it violated federal law by offering free security software, but failing to disclose adequately that adware was bundled with that software. The settlement will require that the company clearly and prominently disclose adware bundled with software advertised to enhance security or privacy.

“This company offered SpyBlast, a free security program to protect against hackers,” said Lydia Parnes, Director of the FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection. “But consumers who downloaded SpyBlast also downloaded a form of software that followed their electronic comings and goings and force-fed them pop-up ads.”

-----------------------------

ABW Ambassador
    Thumbs down Threads like this remind me of

There are many problems with trying to get an industry group set up:

1) Funding. Affiliates don't want to pay for it.
    2) Conflict of Interests. Different affiliates would want to see different things done.
    3) Critical Mass. It would be virtually impossible to get a critical mass of affiliates into any group. Are merchants an networks going to listen to a group that represents only 5% of affiliates? Most won't make any serious changes.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

And what would we call it?
    The ACLU?

Affiliates Civil liberties Union?

Aren't those letters taken though

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey

2) Conflict of Interests. Different affiliates would want to see different things done.
    3) Critical Mass. It would be virtually impossible to get a critical mass of affiliates into any group. Are merchants an networks going to listen to a group that represents only 5% of affiliates? Most won't make any serious changes.
    Run all the merchants through the AMC Seminar

Easier to train them in best practices than to get affiliates to agree on anything...... way too many opinions.

<< end of shameless plug >>
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Critical Mass. It would be virtually impossible to get a critical mass of affiliates into any group. Are merchants an networks going to listen to a group that represents only 5% of affiliates? Most won't make any serious changes.
    I think alot more affiliate would be interested in paying money than you think, considering how much we are losing.

As it stands right now only 10% of affiliates really make any significant income, so 5% would be ideal.

If i were able to get funding for the affiliate network that i have built(on paper). Not only would we kiss cookies goodbuy, there would be no spyaware adware or any software download problems. Anything that is written by man can be hacked by man, in my mind there is only 1 way to track commissions without any code......

Quote Originally Posted by netnow22
    I think alot more affiliate would be interested in paying money than you think, considering how much we are losing.
    Actually, I think you would be the one surprised.

Why don't you try this... Set up an organization as you're describing and charge $1 for affiliates to join. If you get more a few dozen affiliates to join, I'll be surprised.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I was interested in some kind of union before, but now that I know better, I have no choice but to agree with what you posted.

While I don't think that 1# would be a big deal, I know that #2 is right on target, so # 3 is the answer.

One good example:

If with the power of 20,000 ABW members, we can't even make a network get rid of some Screen Bug and some Weather Saver for free, how can we even think about a paying group to do the job?

Money so those with the more money make the rules.

I'm still , and but, while I am , I will keep on , , and getting ready to for my one of these day's.

In the mean time, I will just keep an on the and the , the rest is just .

Sal.

Actually, I think you would be the one surprised.

Why don't you try this... Set up an organization as you're describing and charge $1 for affiliates to join. If you get more a few dozen affiliates to join, I'll be surprised.
    Maybe your right, But I think it would be worth while for the affiliate to join a network like this. I currently have no plans on setting this network up, as its to risky

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread