Merchants with affiliate-programmable shopping carts
    "Affiliate-programmable" is not a great term, but I am too brain dead from traffic to think more clearly (avoid Pittsburgh right now!).

Here is what I mean: merchants with shopping carts that can be manipulated (in the positive sense) by affiliates.

For example, Amazon web services allows us to manage a cart on their site transparently. Given this, we can either use their cart or roll our own and then export it to them at "checkout" time. Unfortunately, I don't know any other merchants with this level of programmability built into their carts/services.

Given the recent writeup about carts in Revenue, I thought compiling a list of such merchants might be in the general interest of ABW.

So... any others?

-John.
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

Mondera is one that I know of that has published a 'shopping cart api' - look through their affiliate support site for more details.

Has anyone ever considered a start-up which targets merchants with affiliate programs to allow consolidated shopping carts?

Explanation : 1 website where affiliates use that shopping cart api for products from hundreds of merchants. I guess you could consider it as an 'affiliate network' which could earn the same way Linkshare etc do (without the merchant sign-up costs). This website also uses 1 shipping service, so that when you put 1 product from X merchant and another from Y merchant and another from Z merchant, you pay 1 shipping fee. Obviously I haven't thought this through in depth.... but has anyone?

Umm... Aren't the items still being shipped from different locations?

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread