Affiliate Information Page
    I'm setting up a page on my web site where I will discuss affiliate benefits, how it works, etc.

The link to the page is "Affiliate Program". I want to list details about percentages of profits affiliates make as well as how to refer people (the url). On the affiliate control panel I'll be listing their affiliate URL, show crazy stats, referral URLs, how many referrals. I'll also be showing monthly stats: Income, Registrations, and Clicks. They can go back in the history for stats for as long as they've been registered.

What kind of content should I put on the page?

what kind of content should I NOT put on the page?

Is it a good idea to put the banners that affiliates should use on that page? Or would it be better to tell people we supply banners, except have them accessible VIA the affiliate control panel?

On a more general note: I'm tempted to compare the prices on my web site with prices on other web sites. My web site beats them all cause I dont' take comission. Is this a good idea? If they aren't hyped up about using my site, I fear they could use the link/web site title I gave them and head off to use a competitors web site.

I want my affiliate program to be appealing. Affiliates profit 25% from any user they refer, except that there's no expiration on when they make money. So like: if a referred user stays active on our site for 3 years, then their referee will profit 25% from anything they do for those entire 3 years.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Unbelievable, no one has responded yet. Am I going to be disappointed in the community here for not helping me out ^_^

Talking
    >>>Your thoughts are appreciated.<<<

thoughts sometimes take a while. there may be questions first. there may also be a quiz in the morning.

it's the weekend: many are doing other things.

Ah, one thing I forgot to consider. Thanks!

I've read two posts by you webnet, and let me just say that I would never join a program I knew to be yours. You are too demanding.

lurk
    Quote Originally Posted by Webnet
    I want my affiliate program to be appealing. Affiliates profit 25% from any user they refer, except that there's no expiration on when they make money. So like: if a referred user stays active on our site for 3 years, then their referee will profit 25% from anything they do for those entire 3 years.

Your thoughts are appreciated.
    Will this be your first affiliate program? It sounds like you are refering to a two-tier type situation... When you say 25% from any user they refer, are you talking about 25% of the sale or 25% of the users commission from the sale. Be sure to be clear on that. If it 25% off the sale than that will be extreamly high considering you still have to pay the first tier (which is generally a higher percentage than the second tier).

If this is your first affiliate program, make sure to work out some projections. You always want to be generous to your affiliates because they are aiding the success of your business but you also want to make sure it is profitable, and profitable enough that justifies the time you have invested in it.

You can always start low (but still reasonable) and raise commissions when you see fit. Your affiliates will love that, although if you start too high and drop the commission rates dramatically, they won't be so happy.

What other details can you give? What's the commission rate, what are you selling, etc...
    Jason

It's not two-tier... 25% off of any money they pay towards the web site....

we're selling a listing on our site so it doesnt' "cost money" per say. comission is 25% and sales are eitehr, $10, $30-35 or $40-50

lurk
    Quote Originally Posted by Webnet
    It's not two-tier... 25% off of any money they pay towards the web site....

we're selling a listing on our site so it doesnt' "cost money" per say. comission is 25% and sales are eitehr, $10, $30-35 or $40-50

Aw yeah... I don't know why I was thinking two-tier when you said "user are paid 25% off any user they refer". But yes, residuals are good
    Jason

so any tips - or no?

Tell you what. Instead of giving me flat out tips, how about you guys just provide me with links to your favorite affiliate programs!

Dangit we can't do that...... screws over my whole idea ^_^

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread