Finding bulk affiliate programs
    Hi all,

My modus operandi is to find the affiliate program first, and work out a way to promote it second.

I feel that affiliate directory sites only cover a fraction of what is out there.

Is there an automated way of finding them, other than searching Google for the word "affiliate".

I would love to purchase any application/program/service that can find affiliate programs for me - any recommendations??

Thanks,
    Rob
    [URL=http://ProxyGrader.com]ProxyGrader.com[/URL]
    How anonymous is your proxy?

The obvious starting point is the networks -- Shareasale.com, CJ.com, befree.com (still there, run by CJ separately), kolimbo.com (MyAP merchants).

Most of the affiliate directories are hopelessly out of date, but certainly you'll want to check out some of them, too.

Oh, yeah -- don't forget ABW, since the most ethical merchants seem to participate here, and of course you can find a lot of info about "alternative" merchants in the discussions about another merchant.

But quite honestly, google is an incredible tool for locating affiliate programs. Search for any keyword plus "affiliate" and you'll probably find at least one program you didn't know about. (Also, look for variations like "associate" and "partner" instead of "affiliate").

However, be more vigilant when you join a program that's "below the radar" of most other affiliates. I recently joined an affiliate program for a merchant and was assigned affiliate # 1 -- I have no idea whether the program works, as it appears that not even the vendor has signed up to test their own program!

Ditto everything Tim said, especially the part about being careful with "below the radar" affiliate programs.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Some are terrible, many just don't work (stats, recording of sales etc), but I've made more from "under the radar" programs than I have lost.

"Under the radar", programs are precisely what I seek, but I have been unable to find a single application, site, service or even advice about how to find them in an automated way. Surely there is a way?

Rob.
    [URL=http://ProxyGrader.com]ProxyGrader.com[/URL]
    How anonymous is your proxy?

If you could find them easily, they wouldn't be "under the radar"
    enginez wrote: "I have been unable to find a single application, site, service or even advice about how to find them in an automated way."

Well, yeah.

If an affiliate program that is "under the radar" of other affiliates could be found in an automated way, then the program would no longer be "under the radar." It's just like how a "secret vacation spot" isn't a secret any more when you read about it in Travel & Leisure magazine.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread