Affiliate Manager
    How much communication from your merchants?
    Hi folks,

I'm curious, I've heard two sides to this camp. On one side, I've heard that affiliates prefer not to be bombarded by their merchants with newsletters. On the other one, I've heard affiliates say they want merchants to keep them abreast on new info, etc.

Considering our site, program offerings, creatives, and bonuses change fairly often, how often do affiliates prefer to receive mass-updates on a program they're signed up for? Would a weekly newsletter be too much?

Another question on simliar par... Of your merchants that offer blogs or localized resources, how often do you visit them? How often do they get updated by the merchant?

I really appreciate your feedback on this. Thanks!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    IMO
    Useful newsletters = good. If you can put some truly useful info in every week, then fine, but if there's a week that doesn't have any news, don't compel yourself to send one anyway.

Another question on simliar par... Of your merchants that offer blogs or localized resources, how often do you visit them?
    Occasionally some merchant will hype theirs enough for me to take a quick look, but in actual practice? Never (with 1 exception). I don't even remember the URLs of those pages... No matter how much hype a merchant does, none of those "resources" can compare with a good, clean network feed!

That 1 exception? A SAS merchant with a feed so big that the SAS system breaks it up in their regular feed-access system, that I never got around to asking for FTP access to. And due to the fact that using an off-network feed is such an exception for me, I usually forget all about them.

I've got some indies with feeds, but access to those feeds is usually accessible from the reporting area, rather than being a seperate "resources" site (or page).
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread