What exactly does this mean?
    If this is a stupid question I apologize, but with all the spinning arrows and graphs in SynergyAnalytics it's sometimes difficult to understand certain things (at least for me, as I'm no rocket scientist). My question is......

When you enter SA you get the following message under "Overview":

In the current month, August 2005, the estimated
    commission earned to date is xxx
    compared to xxx for the same period
    last year. There are currently xxx active
    offers.

What exactly does "currently active offers" mean?

Anyone?

That's the number of merchant programs you're part of. I think. :-) I can't use SA, so I don't know for sure.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

Quote Originally Posted by infoTim
    That's the number of merchant programs you're part of. I think. :-) I can't use SA, so I don't know for sure.
    Well if that is what it means then (as usual) they are way off as I have many, many more active merchants than their figure indicates. This thing is really a mess you know! I thought after the BIG UPGRADE last weekend that there would be some interesting changes but, if anything, it seems to be more useless than ever (not to mention how slow it is).

Thanks anyway infoTim for your input.

15 years and counting
    Grumpy - (not to mention how slow it is)
    So, it's not only me. I can barely log in LS and SynergyAnalytics. It's so sloooow.
    Don't feel bad about "xxx active offers" I don't understand, I don't need and I don't care for at least 2/3 of their wording.

Zeus it's good to see that I am not the only "stupid" one at ABW

15 years and counting
    That's why they are opening their training facilities in NYC, they have to teach us what it means.

I don't think it's us affiliates who need the training but rather the person or persons who designed this stupid program. They obviously don't know what they're doing, otherwise this thing would have been up and running from day one without a hitch. I just saw the mailman drive past, so I'll go and see if my 8/3 check has arrived and then get down to doing some work instead of shooting the breeze here in the Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy
    I don't think it's us affiliates who need the training but rather the person or persons who designed this stupid program. They obviously don't know what they're doing, otherwise this thing would have been up and running from day one without a hitch
    Couldn't agree more!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

The Thin White Duke PreacherMan's Avatar
    Angry
    I'm sick of spinning the same old record. LinkShare obviously don't give a **** about the needs of affiliates, the building blocks of their very existence. I'm sick of inconsistencies (no sales data reported today, my check not showing up in SA for 8/3), rubbish reporting and the sense of isolation us affilliates feel when it comes down to finding out about what is happening with our money!

LinkShare, I put it to you that you indeed have an ulteriour motive, what else would explain the blatant disregard for affiliates.

(Mega-pissed off rant ended)
    Keep on learning, keep on earning. :fan:

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    currently active offers
    LinkShare considers active to be a merchant that you have had a click for in the past 30 days, being signed ( or having banners with no clicks) does not count as active in the system

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    LinkShare considers active to be a merchant that you have had a click for in the past 30 days, being signed ( or having banners with no clicks) does not count as active in the system

Cheers

Chris
    Thanks Chris - now I've learned something without having to go to the LS training course!

Ignore the data in SA. None of seems to be accurate (except maybe the date checks were processed).
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Ignore the data in SA. None of seems to be accurate (except maybe the date checks were processed).
    I expect an LS rep would comment.

Quote Originally Posted by affiliate4all
    I expect an LS rep would comment.
    A nameless rep... more indication that no one at LS feels any sense of accountability.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

At least they now put "The Linkshare Team" so you know it really is someone or lots of someones from the company. It used to really tick me off when they would come here preaching to the choir about what was going on at LS and not signing it at all.

Yes, I agree, we have no idea who this person is. Is it Mr. Messer in disguise? Is it Gloria? Is it the errand boy or the mail room clerk? We really don't know who this person is and under what authority he is preaching to us. At least at CJ we know Todd Crawford is Todd Crawford. You can tell from post to post it is him. At LS it is more like a drive by posting.

At least danix comes here under his own profile name and I'm pretty sure that is just one person.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread