Affiliate Manager
    Strategy for Building Reciprocal Links?
    I am working to build my reciprocal links for the purpose of increasing my natural search ratings with the search engines. I have formed a very basic strategy, but wanted to know if there are any tools out there that any of you have used to help increase productivity. As well as how you approach such a task of building your reciprocal links.

Any advice would be appreciated greatly; I am just feeling around in the dark right now and would love some direction.

Thanks,

These days, you really have to spend some time looking for sites to partner with. I get so many "Your link has been added..." messages, I don't even read them anymore.

When I find a site I'd truly like to link with, I write to the site owner mentioning something specific on their site that I enjoyed, then I ask about a link partnership. They know that I've viewed their site, not just sent a bot around, and if I see value in the link exchange, they likely will as well.

I think it's harder these days to get links than it used to be, simply because people understand what they can do for a site much better. I still believe the quality sites you link out to, even if they don't link back, can be helpful in your SE rankings.

Andy

There are a lot of decent reciprocal link manager programs out there.... but I don't think you want "reciprocal" links. The SE's have really devalued them.

You want one-way links into your web site. Maybe if you have 2 sites, trade a link from one of them if they link to your other site. I don't know of any programs that will manage one-way links with multiple sites. If anyone knows a strategy for this, I would be really interested in hearing about it.

Thanks,

SP

Affiliate Manager
    SP

do you have any examples of a link manager program...

I obviously want to stay away from any link farms and other link techniques that will decrease the value of my site rather than increase the value.

Adam,

Here is a program that I've heard good things about: Reciprocal Manager (not an affiliate link)

I have not used it personally so be sure to do more research and look at competing products.

One thing that it does is verifies that your link is still on your link partners website. If you have ever managed a large amount of reciprocal links, you would be amazed at how many people will remove your links after a few weeks or months.

- SP

I've worked with Reciprocal Manager and just have to say that it wasn't written for functionality. It was solely created to sell. The code is a huge mess and there's no easy way to make any changes to it. The author doesn't even allow you to modify the code, so you're pretty much stuck with it the way it is. Half the PHP code is encrypted, so even if you want to understand how the program works, tough luck. From a programming point of view, I think it's a mess, just look at that site. One problem I'm aware of is if somebody links to a page other than your homepage, the reciprocal link checker will tell you they aren't linking to you. This might be a problem because you'll disable their link thinking they aren't linking to you when they really are.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Affiliate Manager
    Hi Scott

Thanks for your advice...Is there another manager type software that you would recommend for keeping track of links etc.

I'm happy with Arelis from Axandra dot com. I use it to help to keep track of links. It can also assist you to search for related sites, but I don't make use of that anymore as I now get quite a bit of link requests. It lets you build link pages according to your template with the click of a button, not unlike Webmerge for datafeeds.
    The authors update it once in a while, and all updates are free for owners.

They used to have a free trial, not sure if they still have. If so it's worth a try.

Cheers, Frank
    [URL=http://www.golfbeginnerguide.com/]Golf Beginner Guide[/URL] ; [URL=http://www.ladygolfersguide.com/]Lady Golfers Guide[/URL]

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread