eVitamins Phone Tracking Update
    I am very sorry about the phone tracking issues. Our phone tracking was down temporarily, due to site redesign and navigation. The delay was small but did happen. Our phone tracking is working again and our site engineers have put it back into affect. As a small token for the inconvenience, we will be bonusing every one of our active affiliates an additional $25 in FREE commission who meet our minimum threshold of $25 for the month of August. Moving forward in the future, I do not see this ever again being an issue.

As far as reversals goes, these happen when a customer returns their product or cancels an order. I hope you all will understand that we cannot afford to pay commissions for items that never get sold. We end up losing money. As longevity and stability are both very important to us, we need to take the necessary steps to ensure that we will be around for many years to come. Yes, at one point in time, we DID pay commissions regardless of whether a product was returned or cancelled. However, we can no longer support this model. We feel it is in the best interest of our business as well as our affiliates to change over to the new way. (What good is an affiliate commission if you canít get paid on it because the company has no money?)

The amount of items that get returned or cancelled is heavily influenced by the products you are selling. For example, if you are selling a weight loss product, this may get returned quite a bit more frequently then say a multiple vitamin. It also depends on how the manufacturer advertises the product. As an example, Strivectin-SD, Anorex-SF, Relacore, and Zantrex-3 all are advertised as 100% guaranteed by the manufacturer. Therefore, if a customer is dissatisfied in even the slightest way, with any one of these particular products, a customer may return the item for a complete refund. On the higher priced items, this money-back guarantee is taken advantage of more often.

For all of the affiliates that seem to have noticed a 'down-turn" in our program, I invite you to contact me directly at affiliates@evitamins.com and I will be glad to personally help each one of you. I have noticed several sites showing outdated products and discontinued items. For others, I think itís a matter of analyzing your site. Several factors could influence a drop: site traffic, search engine positioning, product merchandising, or other changes that you have made to your site. If things remain the same and you are continuing to see a decrease in conversions, again, please contact me and I will be glad to help each one of your who do not seem to be generating the desired results with our program.

From my other post:

"As for sales dipping, last month our in-house program reached an all-time high for sales and commisions paid, so we're not showing any signs of a "down-turn"."

I wrote this to let you all know that our program has been seeing steady improvement in the past few months and not a decline. This is why we are all kind of amazed at these posts, which leads me back to what I said earlier, PLEASE contact me if you would like my help in getting your site back up to your performance standards. We have worked very hard over the past three years in creating a top-notch vitamin program for all of our affiliates and we will do everything we can to maintain and improve the program.

Hey are you paying the $25 bounty even for new affiliates signing up now?

The $25 bonus will be paid to any affiliate who was potentially affected by the phone tracking downtime, who meets the $25 minimum threshold for the month of August. Any affiliate who signed up after the phone tracking was fixed, would not receive the bonus.

Hope this clarifies my previous post.

Thanks for the update.

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphie_B
    The $25 bonus will be paid to any affiliate who was potentially affected by the phone tracking downtime, who meets the $25 minimum threshold for the month of August. Any affiliate who signed up after the phone tracking was fixed, would not receive the bonus.

Hope this clarifies my previous post.
    I hope you dont mind this post but I find it weird and perhaps contradicting when you say that $25 shall be paid out to any affiliate who was potentially affected by the phone tracking downtime and simultaneously put a condition that they have to meet $25 threshold to be met in Aug for the bonus.
    I am not an affiliate with you, however the following points really bogged me:
    1. How can you put a capping of $25 as the compensation for the lost commissions? I surely believe that most of your affiliates must have lost much much more than that, and I'm not talking about the bigger top-notch ones. Don't you agree that maybe a certain% of the payout should be compensated?
    2. How are sales in August supposed to be a determinant for the earlier months commissions? If you want to compensate for what they lost in the earlier months, I guess you should take care of the eligibility matter by some other metric... maybe an average payout, or total commission paid to the affiliate till now, or maybe the online commissions that they acquired during that period?
    3. And lastly but very importantly, I figured that you never intimated anyone of the downtime you experienced(I may be wrong here too as I am not indeed with you)? If thats indeed the case, don't you owe an explanation to all your affiliates explaining why the prior notices weren't sent?

anyway you choose how you run the company... those ...were ...just ...my ...thoughts!

That's a good point.
    Our affiliate team has discussed it and instead of offering a flat $25 bonus commission to each affiliate who was affected, we will offer a $25 bonus commission or an additional 15% of commissions for the month, whichever is greater.

As always, please feel free to contact me with any questions.
    affiliates (at) evitamins (dot) com

~Raphie B.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread