Thumbs up Tony Little's Gazelle
    I actually started out online shopping for a treadmill. Something that would serve as a good cardio-workout and also help me loosen up a bit as I'm getting stiff from this "sit all day" routine.

Anyway, I ran into the Gazelle by Tony Little - saw it on WalMart.com, and also heard about it from my mother. Checking into it I found that Tony offers it on his site for $99 with free shipping, which is a great deal.

Oddly, it's selling for a lot higher on eBay. Even the video set that he sells for around $30 is up on eBay with a starting bid of almost $40 (plus insane shipping rates). Just a warning in case you search around... Tony's site pretty much has the best deal going.

Anyway, I LOVE this thing! It's a very low impact workout (cardio & muscle toning), it folds up for easy storage - but takes up a lot less space than a treadmill when set up... so I keep mine set up here in the office.

I'm finding that it makes a world of difference to start my day with a good workout!
    <b>Lynn Terry</b>
    (<a href="http://clicknewz.blogspot.com">my blog</a>)

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I love the Gieco commercial with Tony Little and the Gazelle.

A word of caution...a certain degree of coordination is helpful when you first start using the Gazelle.

Agreed, LOL!
    <b>Lynn Terry</b>

I love the Gieco commercial with Tony Little and the Gazelle
    Yes I love that advert but it just shows how intelligent Tony Little actually is. It seems to me that he reads every single word he says from an idiot board on his left hand side. Next time you see the advert just watch at his eyes.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Personally, I think he's goofy all the way around. He cracks me up - like a Ken doll that came to life.

That said, the product is awesome
    <b>Lynn Terry</b>

Cool
    With Tony Little selling all this stuff online, it's odd how he couldn't afford his house payments down here in St. Petersburg, FL and took off for southeast Asia - owing a lot of debt. I hope his products hold up for you. Best of luck with the workout program.

William

ABW Ambassador
    Glad to hear that the Gazelle works. I checked out treadmills and ellipticals the last week or so too. As I was looking, I saw the reviews of the Gazelle at Target and decided to give it a try. It looked more fun than a treadmill and the reviews were really good. It should be in any day now and I can't wait.

Does it give you a good workout? Does it tone you up?

This is my 5th day on it - and so far I am just doing 20 minutes every morning. I can say it definitely gives me a good workout, though I havent had any sore muscles or cramping at all (very low impact). Still, I can "feel" that I've worked out - which is nice.

I'm moving up to 30 minutes/morning next week. It's a good cardio, and yes - you can do strength/toning. The resistance is created by your own body weight, so you control what you want to work on. I start out with the basic glide, get warmed up, lean back slightly to work on my abs, go hands free to concentrate on thighs & lower body, and lean forward to work arms & chest muscles.

It comes with a guide that will show you the different workouts you can do on the machine, which I found really helpful. Once you get the hang of it, the long glide (no hands) is a great workout.

It's easy, it's fun... and it's something I can do. And I am at a point where I am super motivated LOL (after gaining almost 40 lbs last year!)

I hope you enjoy yours!
    <b>Lynn Terry</b>

ABW Ambassador
    Awesome! Just what I wanted to hear. I'm so psyched to get it. I had a pass to go to 24 Hour Fitness and went a few times but it wasn't for me. I like the toned up feel a workout gives you but I'm not into the gym scene. I really want something I can do whenever I feel like here.

Ditto - that's the reason I got one. Plus, the gym didnt open until 7am and then it was packed. The hours just werent right for me. This way I can get up and do it at 5:30am, grab a shower and start my day!
    <b>Lynn Terry</b>

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Plus, the gym didnt open until 7am and then it was packed.
    I would never join a gym that actually *closed.* Not that I spend all that many hours in it, but I'm up "whenever..." and any place I'm going to spend that kind of money at had better be open then, whenever the "then" happens to be that day! (Although at 5:30 AM the chances of me having just gotten up are extremely remote...maybe if a bomb goes off and wakes me or something...)

I really want something I can do whenever I feel like here.
    If it wasn't for the motivation caused by paying for the membership, I don't think I'd ever just feel like exercising... even though I like the feeling once I'm done...

Plus looking at all the super thin twig-people is another motivation. I don't want to be THAT thin, but it's the proof-of-concept that counts
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    I've been using the Gazelle for about 2 weeks, but I'm not sold on it. It's pretty neat but the footrests really hurt my feet after about 10 minutes or so. Even through my shoes and thick socks, the soles of my feet feel like they are burning after a while and I have to quit - not because I'm tired or done, just because my feet hurt so much.

Tony Littles hair belongs back in the 80's though.. LOL..
    I have never seen such a huge Mullet in my life!

YOU CAN DO IT...!

That's odd, Kip - I dont feel that with mine. I wonder what could be causing that?

My knees tend to bother me, but that's just me - and the reason I dont jog.
    <b>Lynn Terry</b>

I have the same problem as Kip, but only on the right side. Mine is from a previous foot problem, NOT because of the Gazelle itself. Kip, have you had any previous foot problems? You may need arch supports or something.

We enjoy working out on our Gazelle, but it does take some getting used to...had a few good laughs when first trying it out!

ABW Ambassador
    No, no foot problems - that I know of anyway. I gave up on the gazelle and bought a treadmill but couldn't hear the tv over it so I got bored.

I just bought a row machine last week and was very excited to get it but after I spent 5 hours putting it together I realized I don't "get" the whole rowing technique. I felt like an even bigger klutz than normal.

If anyone's around the Palm Springs area and wants some barely used exercise equipment I'll be having a garage sale soon ....

You live in Palm Springs? What are you doing inside?! I would be hiking almost every day if I lived out there.

As for the tredmill, have you tried using a portable CD player instead of watching TV? That always works for me - keeps me going. Plus, you don't hear the tredmill.

ABW Ambassador
    My wife bought one. I didn't like it. I didn't feel like I was exercising before, during or after. She apparently didn't either, she sold it to a friend after buying the mother of all treadmills.

ABW Ambassador
    It's a bit too hot to go hiking here for the next couple of months but I'm walking in a nearby park on evenings it isn't too hot. Unfortunately that isn't very often.

BTW, has anyone tried the two different versions of the Gazelle? There is the one without any type of resistance, and the second one comes with weights or something to increase resistance. Just wondering if it really made any difference.

Kip,
    My husband and I go hiking at the park close to our home. It is located in a forest so it is about 10 degrees cooler than the rest of the area, even on hot days. How is it out your way in the a.m.?

ABW Ambassador
    I have the basic Gazelle.

I'm not a morning person but I hear it's pretty hot even then -- usually over 100 by 7:00am. I just got back from exercising my dogs and it's almost 7:00pm here and it's still hot - around 112.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hey everyone,

I just thought I'd put my two cents in too, cause I also own this machine.

I bought it a while ago, and although I agree that it's easy to use, I really don't think that it's a great workout. I'd do the full advanced workout from his tapes, and I would never end up really tired at the end.

I'd say it was a good investment if you don't workout at all now. However, if you are someone that is normally active, and does other workouts on the treadmill, bike etc...this machine probably won't really do anything for you.

At least this has been my experience with the Gazelle.

I think it depends on how someone worksout on it, too. If you just start swinging your legs without concentrating on the movement, it won't do much for you. When I use it, I squat just a little and I can really feel it in my quads. I think it also makes a difference if you concentrate on pushing foward with your legs or pushing backwards. I also use the crossbar on the back to do calf lifts.

As far as the inner and outer thigh exercises, I don't really feel those when I do them or afterwards. Maybe if I added ankle weights...? I don't really use it for my arms; I'd rather lift weights. I just basically use it for a cardio workout.

I don't use any video when I use it (just because the guy drives me nuts), but I have tried do the exercises in the book.

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread